What does the Gwent difficulty actually do?

+
What does the Gwent difficulty actually do?

What does the in 1.10 introduced Gwent difficulty setting actually do?
What is the difference between easy and hard? AI improvements? Better cards?
So far I haven't noticed any difference yet, if anyone knows what changes please tell me.

Here's hoping they just add some smarter A.I opponents, far too many just blow their load round one so you instant win rounds two and three.

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED
What does the in 1.10 introduced Gwent difficulty setting actually do?
What is the difference between easy and hard? AI improvements? Better cards?
So far I haven't noticed any difference yet, if anyone knows what changes please tell me.

Better AI to make it more challenging :what3:

Better AI to make it more challenging :what3:
There is still problems and ways to abuse it (For the new AI, round #2 is much more important than before, so whatever the cost it tries to win, even by playing most or all cards, which is not reasonable if they win round #1.).

I like the non-mono AI now (previously, the AI was the same varying in "strength", today it seems you have 2 or 3 kind of AI "personalities", varying in strength maybe ?).
I loose 1/6 now (previously, it was more 1/10).

Technic as usual :
- Foltest ID #2
- Mulligan for any of the 4/4 drawing cards
- Round one, play all drawing cards, play the time if you can make your opponent play cards for nothing
- Round two, play a lot of cards to win this (eventually you've got more than oppopnent if round 1 was ok)
- Round three, youv'e got 4 cards in hand and the opponent 0, win this \o/

There's balancing problems because of the cards mostly (been playing tabletop cards for years, so I know how to optimize a deck), otherwise the AI is ok-ish now ;)

I could write an article about what is broken in Gwynt but I need a day and 4 pages of text :)

So far it seems it gives the NPC players better cards.

@Arcafonk: good post, the AI can still be abused, however it seems the AI is less likely to throw everything on the table in round 1 (this might just be a placebo effect though)

So far it seems it gives the NPC players better cards.
Now, they can play drawing cards in last round too (because before they wouldn't, round 1 = all-in), meaning you would less use resurection cards in round 2/3 for drawing.
It's a valid play, the only problem is this round 3 is more random now.

I had a usually middle strength monster deck CPU (Oxenfurt armorer) playing for str 130 in round 3 a few days ago, this was a welcoming change (usually best CPU rounds were more in the 70-90 range where my personnal record in somewhere in the 280-290, usual round 3 at 130-190 - => human have still a huge advantage :) )

But I like that I have to "think" now :)
Sometimes I'm thinking for maybe 30s - 1 minute, AI is not as futile as before.

AI have better decks too, quite optimized now.
I think we could also help by posting some decks and explain them so CDPR would copy them ("netdeck" as we say in the tabletop slang) for the game. The more difficult it is, the better, I think.

Last edited:
As a lot of you I LOOOOOOVE gwent so much but the difficulty vanishes very fast and there is no more challenge to overcome his opponent.

I have many ideas to fix that (it's only for high level parties and ending gwent playing in secrets tornaments for example):

-party with a number of spy limited.

-party with a compulsory minimum of range/contact/siege unit.

-party with a number of heroes limited.

-party with a compulsory minimum score to win a round.

-party where the deck must be build around a theme (a kind of monster, chevalery, etc...)

-a limitated number of cards by round.

I think it's a good means to diversify gwent and to make it still stimulating at high level.

Of what think of it you?

Of what think of it you?
-party with a compulsory minimum of range/contact/siege unit.
This is not a flaw. You get immune to one of the meteo cards. Actually my Scoiatel or my Nilfgard deck I can't remember use only some heroes in one line, casting the accurate meteo card from the deck.

-party with a number of heroes limited.
This is not a flaw. You can't boost heroes with Jaskier / Army card. You can't resurect them.
I think a hero is not "better" or "worse", since I can garanty that I can beat any deck full of 15str heroes with my current deck (best score is today 1 draw from ID + mysterious elf = 13 cards. With a 0 one. That is, with 15str heroes (which can't exist), only 12*15 = 180 in 3 rounds, when I can go in the 180 for the single round 3).

I'm agree with you, it's just a means to vary the games and to force to adapt strategy.

---------- Updated at 10:31 AM ----------

My apologies :/

lol dont be sorry. I dont play on computers anymore. I use PC for **** and CDPR-forums and PS4 to play. :incredulity:
And they will actually allow us to use mods on the ps4 in the near future.

IDK, don't feel any difference with AI on Hard - sometimes it's doing fine job with weathers and spies, as it did before, sometimes it's still making ridiculous mistakes (like applying Horn to the wrong row), as it did before, too.

452 hours in game, last time lost gwent match near ~100 hours mark, when barely beaten minimum requirements to gwent tournament for the first time. I even tried to intentionally give up the match with halfling on wedding, but poor bastard really didn't want to win :lol:

Maybe just play lesser decks for fun other than northern realms?

Northern realms is almost an automatic win once you collect spy cards.

Just play close combat spies on your opponent and once they pass freeze everything to 1 strength and play one unit to beat them. Then you have enough card advantage to dominate second or third round.

I noticed after playing 6 consecutive games against Gremist that I got dealt only 1 spy card in 6 games from my 4 spy cards in my 32 card deck. Also, the medic cards were handed out pretty sparingly.

Top Bottom