What Fov & Cam Options would you like

+
80Maxwell08 said:
Honestly it saddens me that the game still has these issues since Day 1. People have been telling them this is a serious issue among other things and it seems like CDPR just ignores these. Every single one of these topics just gets ignored completely when people have very valid complaints. Honestly I'm looking at CDPR now and evaluating if I should keep buying from them if they are going to ignore this many issues on the platform that freaking made them.

That's how CDP is. They are absolute fantastic for releasing all the upgrades for free, and for the costant updates they give to their games. They are AMAZING.

But they don't care about users feedback. They go by their own way. And that's really, really sad. Because small tweaks suggested by ther users could make the game a lot (A LOT) better. :(

Max-Payne said:
That's how CDP is. They are absolute fantastic for releasing all the upgrades for free, and for the costant updates they give to their games. They are AMAZING.

But they don't care about users feedback. They go by their own way. And that's really, really sad. Because small tweaks suggested by ther users could make the game a lot (A LOT) better. :(

Sorry but your second statement is Utterly absolutely wrong!!!

- We said that ACT 3 was too short their giving us additional 4 hours and new places for ACT 3
- We said that the DLC makes you overpowered and there should be a way to disable it, their giving us on and off options for the DLC.
- We said we don't like the new Geralts new haircut, they added a barber in the game.
- And I could go on!

They have taken in a lot of feedback and changed things in game, but some things just go against the core of the game and what the developers vision of it was. So please don't say such thing if you know nothing about them!

Mariusmssj said:
Sorry but your second statement is Utterly absolutely wrong!!!

No, it's not.
Fov is one of the most fundamental feature for a PC game. A PC timed exclusive game should have a FoV slider/selector, it's not acceptable the contrary, Quake did that in 1996. This is not the first thread on this matter, nor the last.
They could put the Zoom in/Zoom out feature if they don't want to mess with the Fov. But NOPE, for unknown reason.

Another essential thing for a PC timed exclusive game is a proper and complete Mouse&Keyboard support.
But, uh, the M&K combat is subpar compared to the gamepad combat, because there are no directional input. And that is a long standing criticism to the game, that hasn't been addressed yet.

Another one: the game doesn't properly handle aspect ratios different from 16:9. I have a 16:10 monitor and I'm stuck with a zoomed in 16:9 picture. Ugh.

And I could go on and on.
There is room to HUGE improvements. But they don't care, that's the sad reality. :(

Max-Payne said:
No, it's not.
Fov is one of the most fundamental feature for a PC game. A PC timed exclusive game should have a FoV slider/selector, it's not acceptable the contrary, Quake did that in 1996.
Don't mean to argue but...
probably shouldn't you make peace with it, and accept that it's not PC exclusive any more?

PC exclusive for me means that it's PC only. But it is not, since it's coming on console very soon, and they were planning this since the biginning.
This does not mean that they will ignore PC users for ever and ever. Simply that they will expand their audience and their possibilities.

So the "Limits of Possibility" here is FOV... mwahhaa!
Uhm... sorry... bad joke :(

Max-Payne said:
No, it's not.
Fov is one of the most fundamental feature for a PC game. A PC timed exclusive game should have a FoV slider/selector, it's not acceptable the contrary, Quake did that in 1996. This is not the first thread on this matter, nor the last.
They could put the Zoom in/Zoom out feature if they don't want to mess with the Fov. But NOPE, for unknown reason.

Another essential thing for a PC timed exclusive game is a proper and complete Mouse&Keyboard support.
But, uh, the M&K combat is subpar compared to the gamepad combat, because there are not directional input. And that is a long standing criticism to the game, that hasn't been addressed yet.

Another one: the game doesn't properly handle aspect ratios different from 16:9. I have a 16:10 monitor and I'm stuck with a zoomed in 16:9 picture. Ugh.

And I could go on and on.
There is room to HUGE improvements. But they don't care, that's the sad reality. :(

HUGE room for improvements that you want to see, If you have issues with FOV it doesn't mean that everyone else has it, and i had no issues with m+k at all what so ever. So this all falls down the preferences more than anything.

But you can't go saying that CDPR does not listen to the communities feedback! Just because you don't like something doesn't mean they need to go and change it.

secondchildren said:
Don't mean to argue but...
probably shouldn't you make peace with it, and accept that it's not PC exclusive any more?

PC exclusive for me means that it's PC only. But it is not, since it's coming on console very soon, and they were planning this since the biginning.
This does not mean that they will ignore PC users for ever and ever. Simply that they will expand their audience and their possibilities.

So the "Limits of Possibility" here is FOV... mwahhaa!
Uhm... sorry... bad joke :(

I said PC timed exclusive. You know what a timed exclusive is, right? :) (hint: like RE4 on GC)
So please stop arguing on this, this is not a problem, the vaster the audience, the better.

secondchildren said:
But you can't go saying that CDPR does not listen to the communities feedback! Just because you don't like something doesn't mean they need to go and change it.

When CDP will resolve these issues that hamper the global experience of TW2 I will agree with your opinion, wholly.
Now? Absolutely not. ;)

Max-Payne said:
I said PC timed exclusive. You know what a timed exclusive is, right? :) (hint: like RE4 on GC)
So please stop arguing on this, this is not a problem, the vaster the audience, the better.

When CDP will resolve these issues that hamper the global experience of TW2 I will agree with your opinion, wholly.
Now? Absolutely not. ;)

So your going say that they don't listen to the community until they change something that you want? And all the other changes that they did using community feedback don't count?

Mariusmssj said:
So your going say that they don't listen to the community until they change something that you want? And all the other changes that they did using community feedback don't count?

A lot of people want these changes/fixs, not I and only I. So please, stop being persistent about this matter.
The thread is about Fov and Camera Options, so if you have something to say on this subject, do it and we will be grateful!
Let's not turn this thread into a "CDP listens to users feedback" vs "CDP doesn't give a fuck" thread. That's not what the thread was created for. ;)

Max-Payne said:
A lot of people want these changes/fixs, not I and only I. So please, stop being persistent about this matter.
The thread is about Fov and Camera Options, so if you have something to say on this subject, do it and we will be grateful!
Let's not turn this thread into a "CDP listens to users feedback" vs "CDP doesn't give a fuck" thread. That's not what the thread was created for. ;)

If I had access to the shaders and the core code I could add the FOV option

Maybe the fov can't be adjusted in the engine? I'm sure they would have fixed it by now. Btw why don't you email Marcin Iwinski? I doubt most of the dev team actually looks at a lot of these threads

bcheero said:
Maybe the fov can't be adjusted in the engine?

As a programmer I can tell you that isn't the case.

E-mailing the developers would probably be a better method of request, though.

Sometimes I wonder if having the camera zoom out just a bit more in group combat would be a good thing. I think the camera in Arkham City does this effectively. At least I never feel like I need to swivel the camera so much to view enemies.

A full on adjustable camera view like TW1 would be awesome, and after many hours playing TW2, I do think it might work.

So all this tam-tam aroud the EE and what do I have to see in my newly patched game? The same old FOV and still no zoom-out feature. It can't be that hard.. :(

It's the same whenever fov and camera handling is bad in a game, PC gamers that know what they talk about want proper options for highres monitors while clueless peeps goes "looks fine here, i don't see any problems bla bla"

Hi all,
Did any1 of you bought already new enhanced version for pc? Is the issue with camera style fixed?
I still haven't bought the Witcher2 because of the fact that I can not play in Third Person Perspective TPP mode like I used to in the Witcher1 (
At least a far away zoom out would be nice.
Please any update on this topic from moderators?
I truly think so many players and fans of game shouldn't be ignored by U.

Maxx01 said:
ya i know i have 75+ Votes now and more on other Forums to fix the Dam FOV. i will not install the game til this is Fix. i wont even try the new EE edition either. i tought Witcher 2 EE would bring back the scroll function like Witcher 1.

Contact the mods or Marcin himself. Most of the devs don't really look here too often.

Top Bottom