What is the point of playing non-lethal?

+
The game gives you a fair amount of options for playing non-lethal, flashbangs, non-lethal takedowns, you can even get cyberware to make your smartguns non-lethal. But what is the point? It doesn't seem to affect anything in the story outside of maybe one fight and it doesn't seem to affect anyone's opinions about V. Just something I noticed today. It might be cool if there were things that got affected by whether or not V actually gives a damn about human life.

Wondered the same thing and posted the same question a few days ago. General consensus is that it's there just for RP purposes. Game itself doesn't care how you finish a mission--just that you finish it. :disapprove: Very disappointing.

..., you can even get cyberware to make your smartguns non-lethal.

Just FYI, it's not limited to just smart guns. Hostiles magically survive headshots from any weapon if you 1.) install the cyberware, or 2.) install the similar mod on the gun, any gun.

I use non-lethal weapons, because I don't like to shoot people who are unarmed and have missions where the goal is not to kill, to hurt. But I don't understand something, it seems that, even using non-lethal ones, I always end up hurting the target ... and that annoys me.

I think non-lethal stuff was put in cause there were so many people asking pre-launch for a non-lethal playthrough to be possible.

As to the effects, there are some missions where nonlethal is requested so you get better reward. Also I think if you take cyberpsychos down alive, you also get better rewards? I havent actually done research but it sounded like it.

people asked CDPR if it was possible to do a completely non-lethal playthrough and they 100% made it possible last minute for marketing and to be able to say that you can.

There are several missions where the dialogue states you killed someone even if you didn't. the clean up work for last minute shoe horned in and cut features is absolutely disgusting.

Blood artist hit the nail on the head.

I dont know why but when i was teenager i was crazy driving and killing all in games like gta. Now my gaming totally changed, i try drive careful not to run over anyone, don't like to use lethal force unless the guy is really bad one. I just want my character not be just another murdering psycho.

I guess it is for RP purposes and to facilitate those missions where you don't need to kill the target but you don't want to go full stealth route

It would be neat if they added the karma system or something like that, so that people's opinion of you changes more based on what you do. For example from what I can tell it doesn't seem like Judy is a fan of unnecessary killing.

It has the point for bounty hunting - Alive or Wanted (mostly from Regina). You get more reward, if you dont kill target and bring the incapacitated person to the car. Im not talking about Cyberpsycho.
That's what I found out. (Kill him, done and left the area. Lazy work. - Load the previous save, incapacitate him, pull him, left the area and put him into the car trunk. I didnt protocol it, how much reward $, but after few time captured alive targets, got very rich.)

And it's player's choice. Some players dont feel well to mass murdering during a mission.

The choice is here for the sake of role play which is a good thing to have in an RPG.
I like to be able to chose to kill or not kill someone depending on my perception of him/her.
Karma system would feel terrible since it would influence my choice just by being here.

For example i chose to kill Maiko, because she is just another manipulative garbage, i could have chose to knock her down but i don't and won't know what will happen by doing so since that's not a choice i would make but i sure hope it does a slight difference.

Last edited:
There are several missions where the dialogue states you killed someone even if you didn't. the clean up work for last minute shoe horned in and cut features is absolutely disgusting.

Yep, Ive had this happen.

On the other hand, I had an assassination sidegig where I killed everyone in the building, but Rogue would afterwards say "..and nobody else died". So thats buggy in the other direction. I killed extras, but wasn't acknowledged for it. The mission is called "The union strikes back" FYI

Just FYI, it's not limited to just smart guns. Hostiles magically survive headshots from any weapon if you 1.) install the cyberware, or 2.) install the similar mod on the gun, any gun.
I don't even think you need this. I'm using weapons and cyberware that say "lethal" and they always end up on the ground unconscious. The only thing that has killed them is if they're decapitated with a sword.

Dont see a point other than for moral choice. I choose the non lethal route because I don't like killing a bunch of people.

It's a Harder Mode for the game, you get less XP and less Street Credit and don't collect the bounties for people you leave alive.

Top Bottom