What monsters do you have the most trouble with?

+
Drowners.

Yeah, I know. It's not that they kill me (anymore). It's just that there's something about their timing I can't quite get down.

I can get through lots of fights without getting hit, but every so often some drowner will just bitch-slap me two or three times in a row. Even if it doesn't do much damage it's so humiliating I want to stop playing for a while. :/

Fire Elementals, cause I'm not running a Quen build and to do damage I have to run up and smack them in the face. The problem is the floor is on fire and the Quen shield pops almost instantly. Only have so many frost bombs.

Guest 3753371

These huge bugs everywhere, giving me the shivers... Glitches are also scary, but you most often can turn them - but not before they kill Immersion, my closest comrade.

What kind of problems? Use Axii for make them retracting their spikes.

Anyway Drowners or Nekkers, even wolves sometimes, are quite bothering for me, because they tend to swarm me. But I just need to try new tactics.
Against Nekkers, I like to parry, try to time a Riposte, then retreat from the swarm and use a sign or bomb. Trying to Riposte after parries is safer than trying to dodge after parries. They can easily catch you on the dodge, because they're so frantic. I love'em.

A group of Wraiths, especially inside caves/ small interiors.
Me too. When a few of them stun locck you with the telespin... so lovely. I died even when I was one level above them and wasn't being impatient, on my second playthrough. I guess this makes them my nemesis.

I also had some trouble with an Aracha. It was far aove my level, but the problem wasn't quite that, as she couldn't 1-shot me. The problem was that I could hardly dodge her lunge. I guess I had to walk to the side and then roll... and sooner than I was rolling.

I also have trouble defending against Fiends and Chorts, probably because I didn't face them many times and usually get the job done with bombs, instead of dodge and slicing.

---------- Updated at 06:39 PM ----------

Fire Elementals, cause I'm not running a Quen build and to do damage I have to run up and smack them in the face. The problem is the floor is on fire and the Quen shield pops almost instantly. Only have so many frost bombs.
One of those loading tips say you can Aard them to put out their fire.

I hate wraiths. If I put down Yrden they just go off and look at flowers until it expires.
LOL. So true!

the poisonous arachas the fist time i encountered them, in caves and forests, but with golden oriole potion,they are just a easy as any enemy,

to kill al/ghouls use igni, necrophage oil, bombs, keep your distance, if they are much higher level than you, just come back later

I guess I would have to go with Wraiths. Even when I Quen and Yrden, their attack pattern and frequency as well as their ability to teleport to Geralt is just annoying as all hell, especially in a large group and crammed space. Funny because I'm level 31 and I still think Wraiths are the worst.

Basically the difficulty level of this game only depends on 2 things: How many aggressive opponents you have to fight at once and how much space you have to operate.
Exceptions are monsters which are so vastly overlevelled that they can kill you in one hit through Quen.
But except for that any 1v1 fight is laughably easy, even on death march (without runes/glyphs, potions/decotions/bombs etc.).

Top Bottom