Will intelligence affect dialogue?

+
Oh right, so that is "cool" to them I suppose. I can see where they are going with this game.

I think somekind of fashion score is nice idea though. it would be fun if your fashion scored had an impact on the ending and such. If you are non-fashionable you cant get the best ending for example.
Why would fancy clothes lead to a better ending?

Clothes make the man; Man makes the ending; Fancy clothes make fancy ending?
StreetCred!

Lots of brilliant people throughout history have made major contributions to art, science, society, etc. But most people have never heard of them. But look at Einstein, he looks like the stereotypical absent minded professor so he makes an impression that sticks with you.

Why would fancy clothes lead to a better ending?

Welcome to the world of Cyberpunk. Read this.

I think Fashion is cool concept for a game, you never see them in games. Usually its always gears, vehicles and guns etc. Its really wasted opportunity if they dont go with it.

Last edited:
Welcome to the world of Cyberpunk. Read this.

I think Fashion is cool concept for a game, you never see them in games. Usually its always gears, vehicles and guns etc. Its really wasted opportunity if they dont go with it.
Sure, I just didn't understand why fashion should lead to a better ending. Fashion itself should definitely have an impact on gameplay, since it's such a core part of the pen and paper game.

Sure, I just didn't understand why fashion should lead to a better ending. Fashion itself should definitely have an impact on gameplay, since it's such a core part of the pen and paper game.

Maybe they kick you out of the city? You arent welcome here. If you're cool and fasionable you can stay.

Since your character is not predefined it would definetly make sense but there is one problem....he is voiced so it would definitely work with a silent protagonist

I was under the impression it was a mini thread of sarcasm lol
In all honesty I'm not a big fan of the idea. I'm sure it fits the setting like a glove, but in reality, how many people pick what they find is the better looking gear over the gear with the better stats?

IIRC they'd made a statement about addressing this very issue and potentially disconnecting the appearance of an item with the stats of the item. "Fashion" having an impact like this would only add to this problem instead of fixing it.

In all honesty I'm not a big fan of the idea. I'm sure it fits the setting like a glove, but in reality, how many people pick what they find is the better looking gear over the gear with the better stats?

IIRC they'd made a statement about addressing this very issue and potentially disconnecting the appearance of an item with the stats of the item. "Fashion" having an impact like this would only add to this problem instead of fixing it.
We hear one game mechanic CP2077 is including is a way to swap the appearance (when worn by the character) of gear from one piece to another. So if you find a jacket with stats you love but hate the way it looks you can take (buy) a jacket with an appearance you like and swap their appearance.

This is a feature that's become fairly common in newer MMOs and been severely lacking in PRGs.

Yeah. I've argued in favor of a transmog-like system in the past, where the stats are indeed disconnected from the appearances (like AC Odyssey and also I think Origins had -- very simple, not too complex to do I imagine), but it never got any traction. For whatever reason, CDPR seems a bit invested in their standard gear formula, so I don't think there's much chance to change their mind.

We will have to wait and see, of course. Perhaps they just haven't let us know and have actually tweaked the system.

As for Cyberway, he is rarely if ever sarcastic. Just has some very strange ideas sometimes.

Thats what makes Cyberpunk interesting universe. its not so gear, gun and vehicle driver like most games are. Fashion is out of the box thinking. Sure, its risky path for CDPR to take, its much easier to give players what they have always done.

Last edited:
Thats what makes Cyberpunk interesting universe. its not so gear, gun and vehicle driver like most games are. Fashion is out of the box thinking. Sure, its risky path for CDPR to take, its much easier to give players what they have always done.

I'm actually under the opposite impression: That in C2077 gears and gun are everything that is important (because cyber doesn't have a drawback, and because weapons represent most of the skills while there is no "Personal Grooming" or "Wardrobe & Style" skills unlike in C2020).

Actually I wish that if one day they make a C2078, they put into the game all we were told at the very beginning of C2077 project (But realistically I think they will prefer to change which city we plays in and will sink most ressource in making a whole new open world environment just to not be called "lazy" by some peoples).

Last edited:
I've argued in favor of a transmog-like system in the past, where the stats are indeed disconnected from the appearances

I'm not sure about transmogification as such... if I'm understanding the meaning of the word.

I'd rather have things in an old fashioned way that if a piece of apparel has some stats attached to it, you need to wear that piece should you want to take advantages of those stats. And that's that.

However... I'd like there to be a difference between utility, defensive and style apparel. That defensive wearables have their own function (gangwear, armorvests, padding, etc) as providing protection and perhaps some aid in where streetwise credibility is called for. Style apparel are tuxedos, suits and such that have little to no defensive capabilities (perhaps aside from some veeeery expensive special fabrics) that give you access and options in clubs and corpocenters you wouldn't otherwise have (the more style, the higher you can climb with the cigar-folk). And utility is a sort of special case you probably won't find or use much, but, for example, handyman's overalls with a toolbelt that might be of help with techie sort of stuff, or some such.

But the more important thing I'm going for is the style versus utility division. Armors are armors, suits are suits. Not both ways or with interchangeable stats. And you need to make sure you're wearing the right kind of rags for the right kind of job.

Perphaps having additional stats for the clothes for style and streetwise where the more you have streetwise the less favorably the suits or law look at you and vice versa for style. Both providing a sort of style of their own, but "style" for different folks and different purposes.

And obviously handled so that you can't carry a full wardrobe with you. That you need to make some decisions when you drop in your house.

And obviously handled so that you can't carry a full wardrobe with you. That you need to make some decisions when you drop in your house.
That seems to be the case in CP2077. We have no indication we can change clothing other then at V's apartment (and presumably a clothing vendor), so no wearing one set for 95% of a quest then changing to another at the end for some quest reward benefit it offers.

That seems to be the case in CP2077. We have no indication we can change clothing other then at V's apartment (and presumably a clothing vendor), so no wearing one set for 95% of a quest then changing to another at the end for some quest reward benefit it offers.

That would be an interesting restriction, but from what I gathered, it seemed more like they were doing a traditional Witcher-style inventory.

The original 2018 demo was more unique, but the Deep Dive video showed what appeared to be pretty much a copy-paste from Witcher 3. If so, I assume we can equip and change equipment (clothes included) on the fly.

Hope I'm wrong. I like the idea of needing to go back to your apartment for more than scripted story situations. But it's not a big deal for me either way.

I don't understand where you get this. Geralt in Witcher 3 could change clothes at any time, anywhere. (well, except when he was stuck in "narrative" in the palace)I see no reason why CDPR would change this, as they seem very set in their ways and this sort of thing is very classic gameplay. As in, its not even attempting to be realistic. They are not going to animate you dressing up, so why bother limiting this.

In the deep dive video they showed this same mirror thingy, where you can see yourself, twice. (It appears to be on the street of some sort judging from the reflected background behind V).

To me this seemed to be a reaction to the heated discussion about third person perspective, and they are subtly trying to point out things we are worried about. (First time I saw that I thought it was V walking through a door. Now I have realized its a mirror. ). However this also implies ability to change your looks and check your appearance.

mirror 1.jpg

I don't understand where you get this.
Unless I missed something in one of the demo vids, entirely possible, I didn't notice any indication that V could swap CLOTHING on the fly. Weapons, yes, clothing, no.

Far to many people seem to assume CP2077 will be a Witcher 3 clone in terms of many (most?) of it's game mechanics, I don't. Why would it be? Or do people just assume CDPR is incapable of creating/implementing new/different game mechanics?

In the deep dive video they showed this same mirror thingy, where you can see yourself, twice. (It appears to be on the street of some sort judging from the reflected background behind V).
That's a clothing vendor, so yes, that's one of the places I suspect you'll be be able to change what you're wearing.

Top Bottom