Will the Witcher 3 have an Enhanced Edition?

+
since the game is complete for me

Meaning you wouldn't actually play an EE if there was one?

Why should they invest more time into a finished game that got so many patches
For goodwill which can aid their future products even further as people can they say with ease "While it took some time, CDPR is a company that actually did good on their promises in the end and put their fans first, please buy their games and support them!"

when they could work on "TW4", Cyberpunk 2077 or any other game ? :)

As aweome as Cyberpunk 2077 might be (or might not be, who knows?) what they do with that other IPs is of no benefit to witcher fans and were are discussing this in the witcher forums are we not? Also a "TW4" is ways and ways off, an EE edition of TW3 would make that wait for fans far easier.

They could also stand to gain financially from it in another way as well, by timing the release when the the new consoles (Scorpio and PS4 Neo) will be out.

No one said the GOTY Edition should have EE Content, we are just talking about the EE Version and Witcher 3 should get one too.

Well, there certainly were some people on forum who strongly believed it will be the case, so I don't think "no one said" is a correct statement. But of course I agree, GOTY and Enhanced Edition are two completely different things.

Btw, if you spin this further...

when they could work on "TW4", Cyberpunk 2077 or any other game ?

Think about..
If Cyperpunk will have the same problems, will that not matter anymore because their next game is than already in production ?
Where will this end after a few games ? I can already imagine it...

That's not really a goal to looking for...

Well seems like we start the whole discussion from the beginning again, that's why I just wrote "No".

I do not think that there will ever be an EE, since the game is complete for me, not like TW2 (or TW1) at the day of Release. Why should they invest more time into a finished game that got so many patches, when they could work on "TW4", Cyberpunk 2077 or any other game ? :)

I don't give a rat's ass about Cyberpunk 2077 or any other IP they might work on. Witcher put them on the map and how they left things with the franchise is far from perfect to say the least.

I do not think that there will ever be an EE, since the game is complete for me, not like TW2 (or TW1) at the day of Release. Why should they invest more time into a finished game that got so many patches, when they could work on "TW4", Cyberpunk 2077 or any other game ?

I am having a hard time believing that you actually consider the main story to be "complete" in its current state.

although by that time they might be more interested in showcasing the new hardware with Cyberpunk 2077 as soon as possible, a new game that is already made with such hardware in mind and probably on an improved version of the engine has more potential than "enhancing" the visuals of The Witcher 3.

exactly, while it would be a good occasion for an EE of W3, its an exceptional chance for a Cyberpunk reveal ..

---------- Updated at 02:14 PM ----------

Well seems like we start the whole discussion from the beginning again, that's why I just wrote "No".

I do not think that there will ever be an EE, since the game is complete for me, not like TW2 (or TW1) at the day of Release. Why should they invest more time into a finished game that got so many patches, when they could work on "TW4", Cyberpunk 2077 or any other game ? :)

either we didnt play the same game or you're blindly defending it, to this day ther's unfinished contents, questline that drop in the middle of nowhere, NPC talking about followup quests that dont exist ect ... this is excluding the visual downgrade, the mess at the ending of the main quest and the many, many, many bugs, even patchs introduced new bugs

ther's no "finished" state for creations of this size, you just run out of time or money or both, then you make sacrifice ( unfinished quests, bugs, downgrade ect ....) to release it

either we didnt play the same game or you're blindly defending it

Listen. This is a free forum and everyone can have their own opinion. Alright? Good and I'm pretty sure, I'm not the only one who loved TW3 on this world or did all these goty titles and great reviews on steam,gog,metacritic and co. just came to cdpr, because everyone is "blidnly defending" it ?

about followup quests that dont exist ect
First time that I hear that, but ok you can have your opinion,too :)

Last edited:
No you are not...
Again... i think everyone here loves Witcher 3 but that doesn't matter here if we talk about an needed EE Version.....Cannot or will you not understand this ?

Sorry, but @essenthy was quoting me and saying that we played different games. He was not talking about the EE, so why do you ask me if I understand it?

Ideally, in a perfect world, every game that people like would be updated endlessly over the years. But gamers often forget the human element here. The devs have worked on TW3 (many of them nothing but TW3)...for years. Eventually, people are going to want to do something else.

If it gets passed off, it's hard to pick up another person's work in game development. It can take months or years just to sort through all of the code, shortcuts, and tricks. Then years again to update / add new features for a remaster or remake. There are going to be major costs and risks involved in that as well.

There are piles of games that people would want "modern" versions of. I would imagine the majority of the TW3 team is ready to move on, though! In a few years, if there is enough demand for a Witcher 3 EE, who knows?

If I didn't love this franchise so much I couldn't care less for an EE.

And just because a game gets a lot of GOTY awards it does not eliminate the need for an improved version of the game.

Just look at Last of Us, I'm pretty sure most who played absolutely loved that game and it got a bunch of GOTY awards. Still Naughty Dog decided to come out with a PS4 remaster that put the original version to shame. Same with Grand Theft Auto V.

Ideally, in a perfect world, every game that people like would be updated endlessly over the years. But gamers often forget the human element here. The devs have worked on TW3 (many of them nothing but TW3)...for years. Eventually, people are going to want to do something else.

If it gets passed off, it's hard to pick up another person's work in game development. It can take months or years just to sort through all of the code, shortcuts, and tricks. Then years again to update / add new features for a remaster or remake. There are going to be major costs and risks involved in that as well.

There are piles of games that people would want "modern" versions of. I would imagine the majority of the TW3 team is ready to move on, though! In a few years, if there is enough demand for a Witcher 3 EE, who knows?

Same with the Books...Sapkowski has put all his efforts in the Witcher Saga! And i guess, everyone would have loved if he had continued with the Novels!
But as you say..."people are going to want to do something else".

You cannot get everything in your life sadly...we have to accept that!

Here's the thing, this is CDPR, and I doubt if they had the actual opportunity to do an Enhanced Edition that they would pass on it, even the lead quest designer expressed this:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/42393-Politics-in-TW3?p=1770603&viewfull=1#post1770603

Sadly, they had to do expansions, although they were great, you can expand all you want, make masterpieces like Hearts of Stone, but the main story still has severe problems, seeing as Mateusz Tomaskiewicz (and I am guessing here) decided to move on to the Gwent campaigns because they would possibly feature characters that lacked presence in the game it seems to me that the management decided against doing an EE when the game badly needed it, and this is their way of "making up" for it.

If the game will never have an Enhanced Edition, I hope the campaigns will be good, but let's be honest, even if they do their best writing and best storytelling, it is still a card game, it will never beat a possible Enhanced Edition, sadly, the decision was already made for this to happen, which is a shame.

Dump de dump.

Moderator Magnet Thread.

Evvvveryone be nice, thanks.

The devs have worked on TW3 (many of them nothing but TW3)...for years. Eventually, people are going to want to do something else.
And this is exactly the reason why they should release a full version Modkit. When the devs dont want to spend more time on the game, but the players want more content or graphical enhancements, a active modding community and proper tools are needed. The developers wouldnt have to spend time on an EE and the playerbase would get the content. Btw Skyrim shows that this system works. So in short: imo theres no need for an EE but for proper mod tools and an active modding community

Top Bottom