Windows 7 issues and solutions

+
@Elven_Storm - I'm having the exact same issue. I picked up the game from Steam this week and installed on my MacBook Pro which more than meets requirements. I get through the same cutscene and then it never finishes loading the Outskirts of Vizima. I thought it was something to do with the Mac version of the game, so I rebooted in Win7 and installed the Windows version; same result.

Extremely frustrating....

dmnk42 said:
@Elven_Storm - I'm having the exact same issue. I picked up the game from Steam this week and installed on my MacBook Pro which more than meets requirements. I get through the same cutscene and then it never finishes loading the Outskirts of Vizima. I thought it was something to do with the Mac version of the game, so I rebooted in Win7 and installed the Windows version; same result.

Did you verify the game cache through Steam . I may have a save just after the opening in the Outskirts .

dmnk42 said:

did you furiously press ESCape to skip the cutscene? that's the simplest solution
another one would be to upload your last savegame so we can do that for you :D

I already downloaded the 1.5 patch as a manual download from fileshack, and I have the enhanced edition of the game. Windows 7 of course. How do I apply said patch?

Anderfels said:
I already downloaded the 1.5 patch as a manual download from fileshack, and I have the enhanced edition of the game. Windows 7 of course. How do I apply said patch?
Just double click it to start the patch installer .
If that patch doesn`t work then try the 1.5 from the link .
http://en.thewitcher.com/the-witcher/1/updates/

I have a little problem i just buy the game The witcher 1 and 2 i installed the witcher 1 and it worked perfectly and i only installed the patch 1.2 i'm downloading the patch 1.4 and 1.5 but my problem is whenever i go to the witchers' Laboratory Geralt is just standing.... I mean the game is not freezing just geralt.... I can use the Invertory functions and others.... i load my saved game and go to the Witchers' Laboratory again the same thing happens again to geralt can someone help me with this problem ?

Zmple24 said:
I have a little problem i just buy the game The witcher 1 and 2 i installed the witcher 1 and it worked perfectly and i only installed the patch 1.2 i'm downloading the patch 1.4 and 1.5 but my problem is whenever i go to the witchers' Laboratory Geralt is just standing.... I mean the game is not freezing just geralt.... I can use the Invertory functions and others.... i load my saved game and go to the Witchers' Laboratory again the same thing happens again to geralt can someone help me with this problem ?
From where did you buy the game ? Is it disc or digital ?

never mind.... i have patched it to Enhanced Edition v1.5 and start a new game and the problem was gone thanks for trying to help me.....

BTW I buy the game in Disc...

Okay, this is not a deal breaker but . . . .
I play on two machines - one is Win XP. the other is Win 7. The Win 7 one is my laptop and at this time it get s the most play. When I switch machines I copy the save files through Dropbox and it works out very nicely.
The problem is this: when I save on the XP machine there is a nice little picture on the file save page showing where I was when saved. On the Win7 machine I don't get a picture, that space is just black. Like I said, it's not a huge deal but it's nice to see where I was - the descriptions just give the area, not very specific.
Note that I can see the images that were saved on the XP machine when they're seen from the W7 machine. And the looking at the W7 saves from the XP machine, well they're the same black boxes. So the images themselves do translate between the machine, they're just not getting saved at all on the W7 machine.
Anybody else experience this? Is there a cure? If not then . . oh well. But it would be nice if all the saves had a picture with them.

Okay, this is not a deal breaker but . . . .
I play on two machines - one is Win XP. the other is Win 7. The Win 7 one is my laptop and at this time it get s the most play. When I switch machines I copy the save files through Dropbox and it works out very nicely.
The problem is this: when I save on the XP machine there is a nice little picture on the file save page showing where I was when saved. On the Win7 machine I don't get a picture, that space is just black. Like I said, it's not a huge deal but it's nice to see where I was - the descriptions just give the area, not very specific.
Note that I can see the images that were saved on the XP machine when they're seen from the W7 machine. And the looking at the W7 saves from the XP machine, well they're the same black boxes. So the images themselves do translate between the machine, they're just not getting saved at all on the W7 machine.
Anybody else experience this? Is there a cure? If not then . . oh well. But it would be nice if all the saves had a picture with them.
Witcher 2 correct . Since W1 doesn`t have pictures with saves . Anyway have you tried deleting the entire Witcher 2 folder from Windows 7 . Hopefully that`ll work . Once you reply i`ll move this to witcher 2 section

Hey guys, thought you might be able to help me.

Have some performance issues with TW1 - EE. Currently Let's Playing the game recording with Fraps and playing the game through Steam. I already checked the "run as admin" as well as the "compatibility mode win XP" boxes of the application within the steam folder, I toned down shadow quality and AA and I tried to reduce every processor-heavy application I might have been running.

I am using my old PC currently because my new one still needs a few weeks to be ready. Basic Specs are:

Intel Core 2 Quad 2,33 Ghz
Geforce 9800 GT
8GB Ram
Windows 7 x64

Anything I can do to improve performance.
I know there is a texture mod and I downloaded it, but I am not sure if the mod will not just increase my problems.

Problems are occasional sudden framrate drops and a constant framrate of only 28 - 35 FPS while recording (I get 40 FPS+ on games that are half as old).
I guess it's a CPU issue but I thought you guys might have some advise. Thanks in advance.

Here is my problem:

I have windows 7 64bit
Cpu: AMD FX 8320
GPU: 2x Inno3d Ichill Nvidia 770 4g SLI
ram 16gb

When i launch the game i get the choice menù, play the game, read the comic, play the editor. the editor and the comic work fine, but if i launch the game, for a second it tell me that is preparing the game launch, and then nothing happen, no errors, no advise, simply does not launch the game ç_ç
I have the steam version, bought the preorder pach for the witcher 3.

i tried:
the command for the minimum requirements, not worked
verify the game cache, not worked
reinstalling, not worked
run directly the exe file, not worked
run the exe in campatbility mode (xp and vista) not worked
I don't know if i have the patch 1.5 installed, i tried the link provided in this topic but the link is no more working.

can somebady help? :(

EDIT:

I think i found the problem:
I had changed my windows language to english some time ago, now i restored it and the game launched... really strange o_o
well, is not that i understand the problem... but still, anyone having this problem ceck if you changed "in any way" your system language and set it back to normal :)

Last edited:
The game keeps crashing just after i skip the movie intro, each and every time, there's a strange glitch on the video itself. Windows says: 'The Witcher stopped working'

I have just installed from an old CD I've bought like 6 yrs ago, then installed patch 1.4, language pack PL, patch 1.5 from the official witcher website, Tages uninstalled

Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
AMD Radeon R9 200, all drivers up to date as of today
DirectX 11
Intel Core i-5 3570K @ 3.40 GHz
10 GB RAM

Any help welcome!

Top Bottom