Witcher 3 Graphics

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hated the change of the sharpen filter in 1.04 and the worse pop.
I went back to 1.03 and noticed the mipmapbias setting still works and can still be tweaked so I left it at -1 going to -2 drops performance by about 10%.

No im not trying to bait its just annoying seeing you repeating and other people repeating the same thing at least if you want to talk about graphics say something about the new released patch or some new thing keep the thread fresh with new things. And your idea about the Ultra settings is not a bad idea it just how hard is for the developers to do and if they want to put all the effort to do it.

Ok I'll start with something new , Having played the latest patch I personally don't see much improvement , but then again it could be my eyes are broken. The way I see it , the best route is to start slow , just release better and sharper textures for small things that can be toggled on and off or optionally downloaded , that would benefit everyone . Eventually adding different lighting settings like what they did with the amount of sharpening and additional options for soft particles.

Hopefully eventually with enough small tweaks it will all add up and we would be sorta close to what Sword of Destiny Looks like

I just find it interesting that people always say Gameplay before Graphics , yet the posts show otherwise ....

Is that hard to understand that when someone promote a product ( whatever the product ) and show various aspect of it during his developpement. And when you can finaly buy it you release that you have way less than what they show during the promotion.
Generaly you are not going to be agree with that.

So the actual cut down of the game is the graphic. but it would have been the same debate / bash if it was about gameplay element missing. And if they would have promoted thoses gameplay element so badly during 2 years.

ppl look to have hard time to understand the very basic about why ppl are upset....

Yes it has , but people need to deal with it - A setup with Titan X sli struggles to keep 60fps on ultra with 4k resolution - So i cannot help to think that CDPR downgraded so that everybody could have a chance at playing their game rather than 1% of less of the gaming community. Remember they didn't downgrade because they felt like it - they downgraded for a valid reason and the reason is that they wanted people to play their game. We as gamers need to except that games will be downgraded. If every gamer on the planet had the newest quad sli setup then it would have been a different story.

Aside form the fact you can't prove any of this, PC games come with OPTIONS. If your PC sucks you can turn them down and if it's a $12,000 rig capable of playing games at 11520x2160 on ultra well good for you, that availability of choice is pretty much the best things about PC gaming .. You can't justify lying to consumers with anything you said, and it was ignorant to do so.

I hated the change of the sharpen filter in 1.04 and the worse pop.
I went back to 1.03 and noticed the mipmapbias setting still works and can still be tweaked so I left it at -1 going to -2 drops performance by about 10%.

I think the pop in issue has been discussed quite heavily in the news Section of the patch. My eyesight must be broken I really can't tell the difference between 1.03 and 1.04.

---------- Updated at 02:11 PM ----------

Aside form the fact you can't prove any of this, PC games come with OPTIONS. If your PC sucks you can turn them down and if it's a $12,000 rig capable of playing games at 11520x2160 on ultra well good for you, that availability of choice is pretty much the best things about PC gaming .. You can't justify lying to consumers with anything you said, and it was ignorant to do so.

The strawman argument about performance has already been debunked . Thanks for having the same input as everyone else though.

This ^^

Exactly! There was a time that pc games were future proof, with only the most awesome rigs being able to play ultra. The Witcher 2 came close and made heavy rigs blow steam. That's the way it should be. If a rig couldn't handle it, you just tweaked the settings.
Now a powerful rig plays Witcher 3 at the same quality (almost) as the PS4....Sure we have 60FPS, but come on....This is a disgrace in my opinion.

This ^^

Exactly! There was a time that pc games were future proof, with only the most awesome rigs being able to play ultra. The Witcher 2 came close and made heavy rigs blow steam. That's the way it should be. If a rig couldn't handle it, you just tweaked the settings.
Now a powerful rig plays Witcher 3 at the same quality (almost) as the PS4....Sure we have 60FPS, but come on....This is a disgrace in my opinion.

I would run the game at 1080P 30FPS on my SLI 980s if The game looked like the Sword of Destiny Trailer.

Funny thing about the Witcher 2 , its easier to Run Native 4 K Ultra then 1440P Ubersampled.

Aside form the fact you can't prove any of this,

Yeah, its easy to proove, Lirik a twitch stream with a computer with 3 titan X ( yes 3 ) have just around 80fps in 2k x 1...k resolution ( dont remember the exact values of his resolution )
And its even more easy to proove it. Just look for lirik in twitch, check his vod and search for the one 1-2days after TW3 release date, he showed his fps with fraps during his live.

I mean, we are only speaking about a console game ported to PC. Its not like TW3 pc is a totaly different looking game compare to console version.... And well... "only" 80fps with 3 titan X...
I cant really say that game ( for a console port ) is well made / optimized. Because let me remind you that the current gen console have something like a 5-6 year old pc hardware like.

You think its that simple just press a button and the magic world opens.
If you want the same graphics as before it means that the developers has to do alot more than tweaking some things. It requires them to do a whole overhaul of their engine and the thing is. If the developers want to go trough all this to satisfy this minority of pc gamers that keep say the same thing (like you). Seriously why do you keep repeating your self. Every time i read this thead is see your posts and they contain the same text. Do you even sleep i mean you where here yesterday and your still here.

It seems you don't even know what they downgraded, a lot of the stuff literally is on/off or copy paste jobs. The textures in Novigrad for instance or the lens flare shader.

One question. Please can anybody say that is Emhyr meeting scene from SOD trailer still in game or not. Because i searched many time but did not find it. I mean this scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-9t8ppBDLU#t=1m05s

It wasn't in the introduction of the character so it appears they removed it. Other scenes were pretty grossly adjusted too, the entire swamp with the witches or the scenes with Triss as an example.

Yeah, its easy to proove, Lirik a twitch stream with a computer with 3 titan X ( yes 3 ) have just around 80fps in 2k x 1...k resolution ( dont remember the exact values of his resolution )
And its even more easy to proove it. Just look for lirik in twitch, check his vod and search for the one 1-2days after TW3 release date, he showed his fps with fraps during his live.

I mean, we are only speaking about a console game ported to PC. Its not like TW3 pc is a totaly different looking game compare to console version.... And well... "only" 80fps with 3 titan X...
I cant really say that game ( for a console port ) is well made / optimized. Because let me remind you that the current gen console have something like a 5-6 year old pc hardware like.

I run this game side by side , one is Native 4K Monitor with my i7-4790K+OC SLI 2 GTX 980s and a 1080P Monitor with my PS4 .

The game looks really similar except for some better textures , slightly better draw distance , 4K helps but really not much , the aliasing in this game is too strong.

Is that hard to understand that when someone promote a product ( whatever the product ) and show various aspect of it during his developpement. And when you can finaly buy it you release that you have way less than what they show during the promotion.
Generaly you are not going to be agree with that.

So the actual cut down of the game is the graphic. but it would have been the same debate / bash if it was about gameplay element missing. And if they would have promoted thoses gameplay element so badly during 2 years.

ppl look to have hard time to understand the very basic about why ppl are upset....

so when Audi or BMW show off their new "concept cars" at various motorshows and then the finished versions come out and they don't look the same for various reasons its something to shout and cry about is it?
CDPR have explained their reasoning for the downgrade; or as intelligent reasoning people refer to it; the choices they made to create a game the majority of their players would be able to play smoothly and without hitch; the choice CDPR made because they know their product and therefore made an EDUCATED choice as to which way to proceed.
that's really all there is to say about the situation...really it is!
the choice was made...right or wrong....we have the game as it stands.
whether CDPR open up the original renderer for usage is THEIR choice.

so when Audi or BMW show off their new "concept cars" at various motorshows and then the finished versions come out and they don't look the same for various reasons its something to shout and cry about is it?
CDPR have explained their reasoning for the downgrade; or as intelligent reasoning people refer to it; the choices they made to create a game the majority of their players would be able to play smoothly and without hitch; the choice CDPR made because they know their product and therefore made an EDUCATED choice as to which way to proceed.

Yeah right, and that's why the PC version looks almost exactly the same as the PS4 version. Because otherwise it wouldn't "run properly".... You believe that yourself?

Please stop using this Strawman argument , I apologise to everyone who has heard this for the 10th time.

A better UltraUltra Setting will NOT harm the performance of the average user since they will still be running on Medium-High and attaining the performance they desire .

I detailed in my previous post how they can go about this.

What is done is Done , no one here is 'crying' about the game , we know how it looks like , we own the game , we think it looks fine , we know it can look better.

Just slowly introduce Small HD Texture/mesh packs , give us additional lighting options , and optional settings for soft particles if needed.

This stuff will be OPTIONAL for higher end rigs.

Can anyone find a way to link a post so everytime someone brings up the whole , a Better Ultra Setting would totally destroy performance for the average PC User. We can just link that.

Last edited:
Yeah right, and that's why the PC version looks almost exactly the same as the PS4 version. Because otherwise it wouldn't "run properly".... You believe that yourself?

It really does look the same , I believe its fine for the medium-high settings to look the same but Most people don't understand the people here are disappointed with how the Ultra looks.

---------- Updated at 02:27 PM ----------

Looks great, aside from one thing: where are the raindrops? I can hear the rain falling, but I cannot see the rain falling. Actually seeing the rain is important to me. There's also a bug in the game which prevents the raindrops from being visible: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/38561-Cannot-see-rain-drops-falling? This is a big deal to me.

Wrong section , you should post under PC Technical issues. Or ask the Developers on Twitter , this is clearly a bug and can or should be easily rectified.

-- deleted post --

What is done is done the game is out , harping on this will get us absolutely no where .

The argument that Ultra should look only slightly better than Medium because a better Ultra setting will kill performance for Medium is weak , misinformed and ignorant at best.

I don't suggest mentioning the 'd' word in this thread , If you have been following threads like this prerelease that word always gets one or two people super riled up , start insulting and threatening the developers and the thread gets shut down. Yes , I did read the 5000 Post thread talking about grass being nerfed.

Everyone with Eyes can see the game looks worse than the Sword of Destiny which is really what Ultra should look like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two off-topic posts have been deleted, as the topic is neither about specific identified bugs, nor preferences on character models, both of which are best discussed in other threads (which do exist).

Further attacks directed at other forum members and at CDPR staff will also not be tolerated.

Two off-topic posts have been deleted, as the topic is neither about specific identified bugs, nor preferences on character models, both of which are best discussed in other threads (which do exist).

Further attacks directed at other forum members and at CDPR staff will also not be tolerated.

Sorry about the post about preference on Character models but can you link the thread , since I would love discuss it , I can't find it.

I don't think anyone here has attacked any CD Projekt staff.

If I seem to come across that way I sincerely apologise , Not my intention. Is pointing out that someone has a strawman argument considered an attack.

I'm really trying not to step on anyone's toes .

Really? Please do tell us what was so off-topic about these posts. I am genuinely curious.
I'm Pretty sure most people are discussing patch 1.04 and bugs on the news section or PC Tech support section .

Character Thread is above.

---------- Updated at 02:48 PM ----------

I think educating people on the topic at hand and discussing it is all we can do if we ever want to see the graphics returned. If you don't want to do that you should go post in other threads, downplaying posts like mine and suggesting a hot topic not be discussed is a waste of everyone's time.

And now I feel nauseous because my post contained none of that and was deleted. This is outright censorship :(

I'm not trying to 'downplay' it , moderators here are sensitive to the 'd' word and rightfully so , if you have read any thread that was a few hundred pages long discussing the graphics of this game , it almost entirely devolves into a flame war.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom