Witcher Franchise Speculation

+

Witcher Franchise Speculation

• I would like Witcher 4 with Geralt in a story after the Witcher 3 events. Warning! Unlikely!

Votes: 94 23.9%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with Ciri and a story that takes place after Witcher 3 events.

Votes: 107 27.2%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with a new PREDEFINED protagonist (not Geralt or Ciri).

Votes: 92 23.4%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with a PLAYER CREATED CHARACTER (skyrim, dragon age).

Votes: 71 18.1%
  • I would like a Witcher Prequel Series with a much younger Geralt.

Votes: 102 26.0%
  • I would like Witcher 1 remade and expanded upon in the new engine (and maybe W2 as well).

Votes: 103 26.2%
  • The new game(s) should build on the existing universe. Kingdoms and characters are largely the same.

Votes: 77 19.6%
  • The new game(s) should be a "a fresh start". New exciting lands, characters, companions, lore etc.

Votes: 45 11.5%
  • I would like more than 2 expansions for W3, maybe 4-5 to expand on Ciri, Triss, Saskia, Iorveth etc.

Votes: 179 45.5%
  • Once Witcher 3 is done I don't want more Witcher games. CDPR should do other things.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
I think Ciri, despite only appearing in The Witcher 3, is too close to Geralt but I wouldn't mind seeing another game in the universe. Since The Witcher 3 headed towards semi-open world, perhaps something in the vein of Skyrim where you get to create your own character (or perhaps Dragon Age Inquisition with simple voice sets) would be interesting to see. Of course I expect that would require a lot of work and an even larger landscape but it would be interesting regardless.

I am really surprised by people who want to make their own Witcher.

I thought the appeal of the Witcher is you're a fully formed character with history and connections.

I love other RPGs but don't their personalities always come off as...generic?

Well Ciri can hope worlds which could make for a very interesting dynamic if you get to go to different worlds and explore ect that would be good but the OPness in combat would really need to toned down and what would Ciri's story be? She's kind of an oddity she's a full blown Witcher either and she's a source.

I think it would all depend on the story and the setting if it was just another Witcher game with the same dynamics as the other games no thinks we have enough clone games like Cod 1-5000 ect and fifa 2011,12,13,14,15.

Hell i'm not even sure I could stomach another mass effect and Bioware are pressing ahead with ME4 without The Shepard...not even sure how that will work or how a Witcher game without Geralt in it would work either.

If I was writing the Ciri game, I'd have it start with someone like Phillipa Eilhart draining away Ciri's powers and leaving her only a fraction of them.

Then Ciri would have to struggle to regain them with her training in Sorcery serving as the Tree.

Also, potentially using Ciri's own experimental variations on Witcher potions.

Another possibility is Ciri's powers are permanently damaged from defeating the White Frost and she can only do small teleports now (though we, humorously, might have the Fast Travel System LITERALLY be her teleporting).

Last edited:
Would rather play the whole plot of the witcher saga from sword of destiny to lady of the lake.
Think of it like TW1 to TW3 is LotR while the witcher saga is to the Hobbit.

Yeah, Geralt and Lambert have a conversation option on them when he asks about who the latter is Avenging. Lambert explains that it was a Witcher of the Cat School.

Lambert: "The Cat school is almost extinct you know."

Geralt then says: "Yeah, they kind of had that coming, engaging in murder for HIRE for the nobility."

Apparently, the Cat School is the source of all those rumors Witchers do dirty WORK for coin.

Which kind of makes it awkward I dressed Geralt up in Superior Cat School armor and tools.

So, in fact, Lambert's friend was murdered by another Witcher of the same school.
Oh. Okay, I think I just confused myself, I could've sworn I read somewhere that the School of the Cat mutations caused them to lose their minds. However, I could just be imagining things.

Would rather play the whole plot of the witcher saga from sword of destiny to lady of the lake.
Think of it like TW1 to TW3 is LotR while the witcher saga is to the Hobbit.

That would kind of limit freedom, especially as I'm a Triss man.

I gave my vote to Ciri, but CDPR really needs to think about how to 'reset' her back to level 1 if they choose her in Witcher4

At this point, I don't care if they continue it with an existing character or start fresh with their own non-Canon character (which may be pretty neat), I just would like more Witcher games in the future if Witcher 3 is now the baseline for how good it would be.

"next witcher : create ur own witcher + ciri as ur companion & romance interest."
Shes not your god damn npc side character!

I'd love a new game with Ciri, I immensly enjoyed her character, I found her so cool from the first few minutes of experiencing her and it actually made me want to play as her instead of Geralt.

So yes I'd love to play as Ciri in a new witcher game, it be so fucking awesome.

This
A game with Ciri as a Protagonist it's not a Witcher game. CDP can make an expansion for TW3 using the time, when Ciri is training with Geralt after the ending.
Vesemir can be a perfect protagonist of a Witcher game, showing us a young Geralt, his past and his mother. I only can imagine a game with Ciri if only is a new IP. Traveling to differents worlds, killing monster, helping people, etc. Maybe traveling to the past and meeting a young Geralt and helping him.

Ciri is a witcher.
She is not mutated, but this doesn't mean she isn't a witcher.

She's not a witcher. Only trained by them:
Known witchers in Andrzej Sapkowski's books are:

Geralt
Lambert
Coën
Vesemir
Eskel

Trained by Witchers:

Ciri - trained in witcher sword styles and given only non-magical herb mixtures; no mutations
Source

Furthermore in Ciri's story
there is an option to directly say: "I am not a witcher". Even if you take "they made an exception for me" option she answers the question about being "she-witcher" that she's not entirely one of them, because she was not subjected to mutations. It's rather clear that she ain't a witcher.

Last edited:
Well, if what's said in the game doesn't convince you (edited my previous post, in case you missed it) then nothing will. I rest my case.

She's not a witcher. Only trained by them:

Source

Furthermore in Ciri's story
there is an option to directly say: "I am not a witcher". Even if you take "they made an exception for me" option she answers the question about being "she-witcher" that she's not entirely one of them, because she was not subjected to mutations. It's rather clear that she ain't a witcher.

Where are you in the game?

Top Bottom