Witcher Franchise Speculation

+

Witcher Franchise Speculation

• I would like Witcher 4 with Geralt in a story after the Witcher 3 events. Warning! Unlikely!

Votes: 94 23.9%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with Ciri and a story that takes place after Witcher 3 events.

Votes: 107 27.2%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with a new PREDEFINED protagonist (not Geralt or Ciri).

Votes: 92 23.4%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with a PLAYER CREATED CHARACTER (skyrim, dragon age).

Votes: 71 18.1%
  • I would like a Witcher Prequel Series with a much younger Geralt.

Votes: 102 26.0%
  • I would like Witcher 1 remade and expanded upon in the new engine (and maybe W2 as well).

Votes: 103 26.2%
  • The new game(s) should build on the existing universe. Kingdoms and characters are largely the same.

Votes: 77 19.6%
  • The new game(s) should be a "a fresh start". New exciting lands, characters, companions, lore etc.

Votes: 45 11.5%
  • I would like more than 2 expansions for W3, maybe 4-5 to expand on Ciri, Triss, Saskia, Iorveth etc.

Votes: 179 45.5%
  • Once Witcher 3 is done I don't want more Witcher games. CDPR should do other things.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
I think that's a bad idea. The universe of The Witcher has given almost everything, there is no sense on telling more stories of the same known world. Better concentrate on the Cyberpunk 2077 project.

That can`t be further from truth. Just by terms of explorations, the games cover a very small part of the known world, we haven`t seen Zerrikania, Kovir or Nilfgaard, and those seem to be the "nations" of the future. We don`t know whats beyond the sea and then we have this multi-verse stuff. The universe, on size alone, has much, much more to offer.

In fact, i would love an expansion to travel to Zerrikania, this games need a desert location. We don`t know whats beyond the Dragon Mountains in the north or the Blue Mountains to the east. The world of Witcher has still LOTS to give. Maybe we just need to trascend Geralt, as charming as he is.

I'd think a sequel with Ciri would be great. Only thing to change would be her gameplay because she is kind of OP.
Either change monster difficulty to adjust to her gameplay or change her combat style.

a) and d) are the best answers for me. I also hope, this is not end of Geralt's story. We saw just three games - first one - great, but it's just like prologue, second improved graphic and changed game style, third finally brought everything to next level. And if I take storyline - how many years cover those games? Two? Three? That is like game about two months of life of very interesting regular human.

I hope there will be another game about Geralt - another 4 years, for example are enough to prevent this to became classic game series.
I already said it - it would be great to give a chance next year to express fan's wishes. Now it's too early to decide, but after year, when everyone realize, there will be no more games about Geralt, many and many players will ask for his next story.

Branching storytelling in video games is always cheap because if you burn a house down or save it, you can't write around the house being both burned down and standing forever.

Sorcerers! 'twas Sorcerers I say! House just built itself up'n outta the ground like. Won't they ever stop a meddlin'?

You awaken in the middle of nowhere and are interrogated by someone. You get to explain to them...

1. "I remember a terrible disaster where I almost died."
2. "I remember being at a ceremony for my coronation..."
3. "I remember hunting a monster."

Then the game moves on.

So basically how Witcher 2 started which had 1) An interrogation by Roach 2) 3 different instances where you act out the story before the game progresses. Your idea is not bad it's just been done by the same franchise before.

I have mixed feeling about this to be honest. On one hand I feel that the witcher story should end with Geralt as I don't see any other options to continue it. On the other hand, I feel that it's a pity that I'm actually playing TW3 knowing that it maybe the last of the trilogy...

I've thought of giving Ciri a chance for the witcher sequel, however, I can't really see her being the main protagonist that can live up to Geralt. Furthermore, she's not really witcher per say so making her as protagonist in the sequel doesn't really align to the witcher series.

Introducing an unknown witcher(through character creation) might be viable option but again, it will still be overshadowed by Geralt's tremendous presence in the witcher series.

So in short, I don't know lol :facepalm:

Introducing an unknown witcher(through character creation) might be viable option but again, it will still be overshadowed by Geralt's tremendous presence in the witcher series.

This might be a good start, with only one girl to romance, Ciri. The character can be adopted via Geralt's random journey where he accidentally saved a boy with a special brew of Witcher potion, just like Lena from Tomira's hut , Geralt left and years later... Once upon a time, an unknown Witcher arise somewhere. haha.

I would like to see the series ending since I don't like the idea of creating my own witcher and also because I think Geralt's story can't be tipped (his character evolved for over a decade). Also, Ciri isn't a witcher.

Last edited:
I would be down for another game with Geralt but there is no TW without him imho (at least for me)
And as much as I like Ciri playing as her wouldn't be fun, she is too OP and I'm not a fan of "the chosen one" protagonists

What I wanted to see in the Witcher 4 was the evolution of what we saw in the Witcher 3 with the duo of Geralt and Ciri.

The next step from Witcher 3 was to take the Witcher in the direction of GTA V, where the players would able to switch between characters at will. Imagine being able to switch between Geralt and Ciri at will with them having their own special activities and quests. The main quest-line should have connected them together with an interwoven story that brought them closer and closer together, which would have made complete sense within the lore because Geralt and Ciri's destinies are interwoven.

The Witcher will never be the same without Geralt. We could have had the best of both worlds, if CDPR had decided to give us a Geralt and Ciri adventure where we could switch between them at will like in GTA V.

I would like a new witcher with a great story. There are a lot of witchers mentioned since witcher 1. For example one of the witchers from the viper school that letho told geratl about. 2 of them are still on the path but the location unknown.
Or maybe one of the legendary witchers that we read about during the tracking for witcher gear ( Kolgrim, Kyian, George, Raven from the witcher 1)

Even though they are retiring Geralt like Mass Effect has retired Sheppard, I'd still love for there to be more games set in the Witcher universe (also just like what Bioware is doing with ME).

Considering the state of the Witchers and the world they live in, I wouldn't mind seeing a game set a long time prior to Geralts trilogy. Maybe a completely different Witcher we haven't seen before, or even a young Vesemir! Witchers are rare now but would be great experience a world full of them.

With the game ending with another
conjunction of spheres
, i think it would be pretty normal that world would need witchers again... so reopening witcher schools would be something we could expect from such event...

Well it's possible to make another game in the future I imagine with a custom Witcher/Ciri...
I can't complain, love the universe and the series but if I am going to be fair and honest, as sad as it is, it's a perfect ending for the series.
Same for Mass Effect 3 that should have been the last, end it with the climax... Mass Effect 4 idea is awesome and people are expecting it of course but it just doesn't feel right story wise after the events of the ending.

I won't mind a sequel with Ciri as the main protagonist.

Just need her abilities revamped because her dashes make me feel like I'm playing a hack and slash game like Devil May Cry.

It would be difficult to do a sequel unless CDPR decided to pick a cannon ending for the third game.

Of course, they always seem to pick cannon endings, so I would not be surprised if they do it this time as well.

I think their best bet will be some adventures with Geralt set around the time of "The Last Wish " novel .

I like Ciri as a character, but I wouldn't like her as a main character for two reasons. 1, don't like "chosen one" main characters that much. 2, combat feels too hack & slashy. Fighting with Geralt is more thoughtful, more RPG like, fighting with Ciri feels more like playing a hack & slash action game.

Top Bottom