Witcher Franchise Speculation

+

Witcher Franchise Speculation

• I would like Witcher 4 with Geralt in a story after the Witcher 3 events. Warning! Unlikely!

Votes: 94 23.9%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with Ciri and a story that takes place after Witcher 3 events.

Votes: 107 27.2%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with a new PREDEFINED protagonist (not Geralt or Ciri).

Votes: 92 23.4%
  • I would like Witcher 4 with a PLAYER CREATED CHARACTER (skyrim, dragon age).

Votes: 71 18.1%
  • I would like a Witcher Prequel Series with a much younger Geralt.

Votes: 102 26.0%
  • I would like Witcher 1 remade and expanded upon in the new engine (and maybe W2 as well).

Votes: 103 26.2%
  • The new game(s) should build on the existing universe. Kingdoms and characters are largely the same.

Votes: 77 19.6%
  • The new game(s) should be a "a fresh start". New exciting lands, characters, companions, lore etc.

Votes: 45 11.5%
  • I would like more than 2 expansions for W3, maybe 4-5 to expand on Ciri, Triss, Saskia, Iorveth etc.

Votes: 179 45.5%
  • Once Witcher 3 is done I don't want more Witcher games. CDPR should do other things.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
Possibly, but also because many people have expressed a desire for more RPG-style stories with Geralt as the hero, or with one of the characters close to him. There is a faction of players who very much enjoyed the political aspects of Assassins of Kings, and would have liked to see many more plots like them in the games. That said, merely as an observation, one of the oft-repeated criticisms CD Projekt RED received about The Witcher 2 was that it was too political, and not realistic to Geralt's role as a witcher. This may be part of the reason why politics serve more as a backdrop setting rather than the foremost focus in Wild Hunt.
Here, this word, "politics". Do you mean the Northern Kingdoms' constant in-fighting, alongside Scoia'tael attacks and other rebellions like them?

Yes, the actions of petty kings, insurgents, and secret societies that concerned the resolutely neutral Geralt about as much as yesterday's weather -- until he hitched a ride on Foltest's gravy train, and it went off the rails.

Here, this word, "politics". Do you mean the Northern Kingdoms' constant in-fighting, alongside Scoia'tael attacks and other rebellions like them?
By the term 'politics' in the above statement I refer principally to the war between Nilfgaard and Redania, and the narrative associated with it directly, within The Witcher III.

The politics in the previous games focused upon the
Scoia'tael, Salamandra and the Order of the Flaming Rose, assassinations, the feuds for the throne of Temeria, the intrigues of the Lodge of Sorceresses, the question of Upper Aederin's independence, and the designs of Nilfgaard to disrupt the Northern Kingdoms prior to their invasion. By comparison with The Witcher 2 -- and perhaps even The Witcher -- The Witcher III contains far less direct involvement by Geralt in these sort of politically motivated situations. Thus I consider Wild Hunt's 'political' content to be more of a backdrop to the main story of the game, rather than a significant aspect of the narrative Although many of these previous incidents are referenced in the game, they seem to do little more than shape the setting, but could have been developed in greater depth, if the writers had so wished.

However, if we wish to discuss politics in the series in greater detail, we should probably do so elsewhere.

yes, politics in Witcher 3 is pretty much all side-quested.

however, it is worth noting that geralt's actions or non-actions in W3 have a -lot- more impact: depending on his actions, one king or the other dies, and one nation or the other becomes the main power on the Continent.

that's not true in W2, where geralt's actions pretty much have zero impact on the overall strategy that Nilfgaard is following.

Nah they could just create brand new RPG instead.

I would really like to see this :) Witcher series was super fantastic, but it's based on the books. It would be nice to see what CDPR can create from their own heads. But if they are going to make another fantasy RPG based on other books, I promise not to complain :D

I would like to see Witcher 1 remastered version on consoles. Or just Witcher 1 on consoles.

I'm stupid enough to buy everything with Witcher logo, but I think it would be better to stop now. This series has been wonderful, so let it be remembered that way. Although expansion with Ciri sounds interesting, but how that could be possible? If I'm playing the whole expansion as Ciri, I want to use inventory, so how can that be possible if expansion is like HoS where you can explore other places too? Do I need to change Ciri in Kaer Morhen and go to some other world where Geralt can't follow or go?

---------- Updated at 10:22 AM ----------

I don't mean to be rude or anything, but the way you guys talk so casually about this grand finale makes me feel like I'm the only one really sad to know that I'll never see Geralt again. :/

No, you are not the only one. That's why I still keep playing this game :D I don't want it to end...

---------- Updated at 10:56 AM ----------

Why are people excited about Cyberpunk?

Sorry but I can only get excited about a game after I see some actual gameplay/in-game screenshots, and thus far have seen none from that game.

Well... Cyberpunk doesn't look like my game at all. Still I'm exited and waiting for it because it's made by CDPR. If they created such a perfect game like Witcher, I think there is a pretty good chance that they can also make a game like Cyberpunk fitting for me. I'm anxious to try that anyways :) If it still doesn't work, then it doesn't work, but I'm sure going to try that!

When everybody were exited about Dragon Age Origins, I watched many videos about it. It looked kinda boring. But when I started playing it, wow! I got hooked right away. Videos and screenshots can give you some hints, but those won't give you the feeling. That's why I'm going to try Cyberpunk, even if it doesn't look like my game. CDPR has made my best games ever.

---------- Updated at 11:04 AM ----------

And whats wrong with milking the franchise and making money, CDPR don't deserve that?
As long as it's new story/locations with same quality as preavious games. I would LOVE to play it.
I enjoyed replaying W2 for like 7 times, the same many fans on this forum did. I'm sure I would enjoy new stories even more.
Not to mention there is people on this forums crying for remake of W1 with new engine, new mods and DLCs for Witcher 2 and what not !

Because milking money practically means crappy quality when just a "name is enough to sell a game".

If it truly is the whole new high quality game with whole new ideas, then it is new and good game, not milking money.

---------- Updated at 11:12 AM ----------

What's next are all the DLC that they will be making at $9.99 each.

Zombie mode

Extra maps

Extra extra maps

Deluxe editions of Extra and Extra extra maps

Horse armor

Wizard, Warrior, Thief preorder package bundle that you can purchase later on and get the extra goodies like a Vault 31 canteen, caravan shotgun, bladed gloves and a staff +1 in your starting inventory.

:rofl: I really hope this will never happen...

---------- Updated at 11:37 AM ----------

Am I the only person who thinks a Witcher MMO is a fantastic idea?!?!

No, no, no, nonononnoooooooo mmo! Why does everything has be mmo nowadays? :( The worst possible way of making this is put mmo and single games together. It ruined one of my favorite games. They made it "nice mmo which is supposed to be this day" and totally ruined that original single player idea of that game.

• RED Point
Reactions: 227
I would love to see more of Geralt. I know I'm not in majority, and I saw many people being bored of him, but for me CDPR did their job so well I got to care for him so much and for Triss and Yen and Ciri it's insanely hard for me to leave him be. For there is no other way then Geralt I'm sorry. I already expressed my idea of a Witcher game like GTA V, with switchable characters betwenn Triss, Yennefer, Ciri, Geralt and maybe some more, each with their own story, but also involved in some main missions together in a huge open world with many side quests and activities where I could really feel I live the life of a witcher (with my beloved Yennefer)! Man that would be my dream coming true :D

And, it's not just a real-time strategy game with the Northern Kingdoms, Nilfgaardian Empire, and Scoia'tael that I could have wanted.

Because it was established that Geralt had friends such as Dandelion, Zoltan, Triss and Yennefer, that I would have likely wanted a Gauntlet-style four-player co-op game, where each of the players control Geralt, Dandelion, Zoltan and Triss/Yennefer as they cooperate with each other to complete dungeons.

I mean, seriously! These four characters all fill out familiar fantasy/RPG archetypes, including the Rogue (Dandelion), the Warrior (Zoltan), and the Mage (Triss and Yennefer). How awesome would it be if Geralt carried them around as party-members, like almost any other RPG protagonist would?

Because it was established that Geralt had friends such as Dandelion, Zoltan, Triss and Yennefer, that I would have likely wanted a Gauntlet-style four-player co-op game, where each of the players control Geralt, Dandelion, Zoltan and Triss/Yennefer as they cooperate with each other to complete dungeons.

I mean, seriously! These four characters all fill out familiar fantasy/RPG archetypes, including the Rogue (Dandelion), the Warrior (Zoltan), and the Mage (Triss and Yennefer). How awesome would it be if Geralt carried them around as party-members, like almost any other RPG protagonist would?

That would not be awesome. Dandelion as a party member when completing dungeons? Crazy idea. And I really do not care about average RPG protagonists and archetypes. I like the fact that Geralt is an exceptional protagonist and not an average one.

Even in TW3 the story aspect of the game suffered because of open world. Your idea would be the next step to even more shallow story full of stereotypes.

I would prefer a smaller world, maybe more constrained, but with a high quality storyline, antagonists etc. Like in TW1 or HoS. With side quests and monster contracts as in TW3.

Better with a party?

While reviewing Kaer Morhen (reviewing each quest as I go through the game), it dawned on me how much more entertaining the open world concept would be were TW 3 a party-based game allowing two to four NPCs in the party that could feature NPC-driven side-quests. My intent is not to make The Witcher 3 another Dragon Age (wish Bioware had just stopped with DA:O or kept the same lead developer) or Baldur's Gate (still one of my fave RPG series), but man, there are some great characters in the Witcher. It's a pity we never get to experience them more than a bit here and there as non-controllable characters. Really a pity given how lonesome TW 3 feels at times.

Granted, the story would have had to be changed and less resources spent on developing side-quests, populating locations, and little things like the changing notices on the boards would have had to go, but maybe that would have been a good trade-off since many of the side-quests follow the same formula and can often be considered interchangeable. Not to mention stuff like the side-quests, locations, etc. could have been added/populated later via DLC or expansion packs and given CDPR another revenue stream.

Food for thought.

Last edited:
i had the same idea, and it could be interesting, but remember, witchers work alone, they are perfectly prepared to deal with monsters and all type of enemies by themselves, more characters helping would be overpowered, and doesn't make much sense, but maybe an archer or a mage/sorceres or an alchemist could be a great companion

Last edited:
i had the same idea, and it could be interesting, but remember, witchers work alone, they are perfectly prepared to deal with monsters and all type of enemies by themselves, more characters helping would be overpowered, and doesn't make much sense, but maybe an archer or a mage/sorceres or an alchemist could be a great companion

Enemies could be made stronger or more plentiful to fix the unbalancing issue (which might be a good idea anyway). And as for witchers working alone...

What's Vesemer doing there at the beginning if witchers work alone? Ditto for later on in the game when Geralt helps out Witcher X or when Geralt is accompanied by ? as a non-controllable character. :)

CDPR does not need to make another Witcher game, the graphic is already topnotch and the main story has ended pretty well in my opinion. Now what we need are more side quests, contracts and new maps to explore (Dat giant MAP!!!!). If you've played through the whole game, you would probably sense that a lot of side quest stories are cut short. For example, in Novigrad, the king of beggar explained his grand plan to take over the city from the temple and made it sounds like a biggg deal, but after that, almost zero interactions with him. The other example is scoia'tael. There is only one mission is actually related to scoia'tael which is unacceptable to me. I mean seriously, I want to know where the hell is Iorveth and Saskia? Also, scoia'tael is basically funded by Nilfgaard, so they are supposed to play a very important role in the entire war and I did not see that in the game. So what I personally hope CDPR to do is to keep expanding the witcher world in the current platform, add more expansions, more side quests, open up new areas for player to explore.

I love the continuity in the story of the games, one of the best features of them so (if they are to make TW4) I hope it will be character driven and hopefully continued with Ciri. Any game with a player created character loses everything I love about TW games, they just end up as follow the dot and get better stuff getting better stuffs sake, all story elements seem pretty meaningless. In the end quite brain numbing and forgettable.
More of the same please CDP Red

Seriously, I feel so empty inside. I've read the books. Beat all the games. I need a witcher 4. Please.. give me hope. I won't be able to go on much longer not knowing if there will be another Witcher story. I am going to die.. RIP:pride2: I LOVE YOU FOREVER YENNERFER!! *dies*

---------- Updated at 09:22 AM ----------

witcher 4 or riot

The Next Witcher Game We All Await

Hello to the great community of gamers. We all have luckily played or completed the Witcher 3. I have been so in love with the amount of work put into this amazing game.
I have played so many games during my life, and I could never say "This is the best game I have played yet" Until I played The Witcher 3.I completed the game so quickly that I had to play it all once more. I recently bought the new DLC and can't wait to start playing it. However, there is a question which has been running thru my mind. When is the next one comingAnd what better place to ask thank the community itself.
If anyone has reliable information on the next Witcher game. Or if they plan on continuing the story of Ciri. I'm pretty sure Geralt of Rivia is done, however, I cannot imagine a game without Witcher senses and such! WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN? We NEED answers! Haha
Anyways, thanks guys. Leave your comments below and any information pertaining to the next Witcher game. Or whatever they're cooking up for us!

Hello to the great community of gamers. We all have luckily played or completed the Witcher 3. I have been so in love with the amount of work put into this amazing game.
I have played so many games during my life, and I could never say "This is the best game I have played yet" Until I played The Witcher 3.I completed the game so quickly that I had to play it all once more. I recently bought the new DLC and can't wait to start playing it. However, there is a question which has been running thru my mind. When is the next one comingAnd what better place to ask thank the community itself.
If anyone has reliable information on the next Witcher game. Or if they plan on continuing the story of Ciri. I'm pretty sure Geralt of Rivia is done, however, I cannot imagine a game without Witcher senses and such! WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN? We NEED answers! Haha
Anyways, thanks guys. Leave your comments below and any information pertaining to the next Witcher game. Or whatever they're cooking up for us!

The short answer is we don't know. The long answer is that while CDPR has said they are interested in continuing the series with new characters, new settings, and no Geralt. There's nothing concrete however, and it's likely we won't know anything for certain until after Cyberpunk 2077 releases.

There was a 4 year gap from Assassin of Kings to Wild Hunt and with CDPR beginning to focus on Cyberpunk I think we will be waiting for quite some time before we get any news at all on the next Witcher installment

Honestly, CDPR could just put out a game that is nothing other than Witcher contracts and I would still be 100% on board. That said, I would love to see a game set back before the Witcher Schools were all raided/shut down/abandoned, to see and experience the "golden age of witchering" so to speak. For me some of the best moments of Wild Hunt were just when the surviving witchers interacted with one another, they all had interesting dynamics in their relationships. I guess the game could be set after the Wild Hunt depending on if the ending (where monsters began falling from the sky) happened worldwide and not only in Skellige, as I'm sure that would raise demand for Witchers dramatically. Perhaps even enough to convince the world that more Witchers are needed.

In any case I would love to be able to craft my own character, me being a sucker for customization and all. But I'm completely open to whatever CDPR decides to do.

Last edited:
Top Bottom