Witcher Series Has Never Had A Snowy Region

+
Witcher Series Has Never Had A Snowy Region

Ok so I just noticed in all three Witcher games there has never been a fully explorable snowy region. And what I mean by snowy is full white snow smothering the ground, trees, white sky all of that. Skellige is more dark green and Loc Muinne from Witcher 2 is more patchy. The closest is probably the Ciri Empress White Orchard region where it is drenched in snow but thats only a short epilogue. What is everyone elses opinions on this? Would it be cool to have a fully explorable snowy region in The Witcher?

The end of TW1, the Grandmaster's vision of the world consumed by the White Frost. It's linear and there's not much to explore but it's pretty big and frozen solid.

The end of TW1, the Grandmaster's vision of the world consumed by the White Frost. It's linear and there's not much to explore but it's pretty big and frozen solid.

There's also the bit in the "Through Time and Space" quest where Geralt visits the Ice Plains. Pretty sure that's the same place.

I do like snowy landscapes, there's something rather tranquil about them. I kept trying to explore the area consumed by the White Frost in TW3, but it was pretty difficult what with the deadly cold and blistering snow.

I wouldn't have mind having more snowy regions other than the places from some of the quests, personally, the one place I would've liked to visit and see is Kovir considering that I always romanced Triss and moved to Kovir or Pont Vanis and from what I've heard in the game and read about Kovir in one of the books, is that it seems to be a rich place, up north, cold and with snow but considerably rich, I imagine it as a sort of Toussaint but with snow.

Who knows if there will ever be another Witcher game or how will the story be if there's another game but as I said, personally I would like to visit Kovir.

Well....Skellige
It looked great, but to be honest I thought it will have much more snow. But I get why they abandoned that idea (if it was ever there) - snowy regions are hard to do well.
Sound plays a huge part in this. And lots of physics. Also the fact many people find it boring, thanks to the games with half-assed snowy regions, probably cause it not to be the most popular area in town. Although that epilogue was well done definitely.

I have never really felt immersed in a snowy region in any game, aside from one - Mafia II. Pale light, great sound, small details - people tripping, snow falling off the car, different car handling - it took a lot of effort to do it. Especially they have two seasons.

Top Bottom