Worries For Character Creation

+
But where?:shrug: I don't want to believe "no third person cutscenes" without proof :(
Post automatically merged:

I don't know, it wasn't very clear and she didn't confirm or deny, and she didn't seem all that sure, or willing to share on that one (probably for some good reasons) I care a lot about customization, and I also want to be able to see my own character a lot (and I'm okay that it's mostly first person in game)

I'm not saying I like it, I'm just telling you what she said, which was effectively, "you might just see your character in the inventory menu."

You're right that she didn't seem entirely sure -- she did say "might," after all. Devil's advocate, that could be construed as her simply being embarassed to be the one that has to "break the bad news," so to speak. We will undoubtedly find out soon enough, as they will probably have this decision made around or shortly after Gamescom or Pax.

I'm not saying I like it, I'm just telling you what she said, which was effectively, "you might just see your character in the inventory menu."

You're right that she didn't seem entirely sure -- she did say "might," after all. Devil's advocate, that could be construed as her simply being embarassed to be the one that has to "break the bad news," so to speak. We will undoubtedly find out soon enough, as they will probably have this decision made around or shortly after Gamescom or Pax.
Hopefully CDPR just told her "if they ask something like this, stay quiet! it's a surprise! shhhh!!" and Poor Lilayah was like :( "oh noes I can't talk about this, it's supposed to be a secret"
*hugs for Lilayah*

Great no third person view for a game and now not even third person cutscenes, like really they hate people who like third person?

More related to getting the game out earlier if you ask me, as third person animation requires more work than 1st person one (and we know that this animation thing is still on the work, reason why they changed the Sasquash hammer thing during last demo).

Great no third person view for a game and now not even third person cutscenes, like really they hate people who like third person?
This has not been confirmed or denied. People everwhere (not necessarily here) are making crazy assumptions left and right, I don't know why. Nobody said this was proven. Just be patient. It's all gonna be okay. :)

More related to getting the game out earlier if you ask me, as third person animation requires more work than 1st person one (and we know that this animation thing is still on the work, reason why they changed the Sasquash hammer thing during last demo).
What was changed about the hammer? And couldn't they simply render the existing character graphics into a moving 3D scene? I'm just curious.

This has not been confirmed or denied. People everwhere (not necessarily here) are making crazy assumptions left and right, I don't know why. Nobody said this was proven. Just be patient. It's all gonna be okay. :)

What was changed about the hammer? And couldn't they simply render the existing character graphics into a moving 3D scene? I'm just curious.

You could pick the hammer, then after the journalists says the animation wasn't good they did not show that part again.

You could pick the hammer, then after the journalists says the animation wasn't good they did not show that part again.
You mean- pick it up and hold the hammer? use it as a weapon? take it home and save it and use it again in the future?
If the animation isn't good then it's just early development. There have been many hammers in many video games for years. I'm sure it will be fine. :)

You mean- pick it up and hold the hammer? use it as a weapon? take it home and save it and use it again in the future?
If the animation isn't good then it's just early development. There have been many hammers in many video games for years. I'm sure it will be fine. :)

You missed the point. I said that as a example that they are still workin a lot on animations, and that it would be easier for them to entirely avoid 3rd person animations as they requires more works (as you see more things).

You missed the point. I said that as a example that they are still workin a lot on animations, and that it would be easier for them to entirely avoid 3rd person animations as they requires more works (as you see more things).
Oh okay. Thank you for helping me understand that. If anything this makes me more confident that the first person experience will be even more immersive and special, since maybe everything happens from the same perspective that it would in real life.

I doubt that, FPP isn't real life perspective (read FPP Vs TPP topic if you wants more information about that).
Why is it that every change I hear about is going in the wrong direction. :cry:
Could devs please reinstate my faith in them...
Welcome to my world. It's been a pretty steady downhill ever since the first batch of concrete info last year, and for some of it even earlier.
Cmon, do you really believe CDProjektRed is really going to leave the character without any way to see themselves? There's huge amounts of character customization (from what we have seen so far) and I'm hoping that mention of them changing it means they are adding even more customization, So there must be ways we can see ourselves right? Mirrors, the inventory menu, 3rd person on motorcycle, and again, NOBODY confirmed third person cutscenes or (things that could be called a 3rd person cutscene, but for technical reasons are not called that) would not be in the game. This is being made up completely out of thin air, and we are worrying for no reason. Everyone relax! :shrug:
If I am wrong, someone please prove me wrong with undeniable evidence.

I doubt that, FPP isn't real life perspective (read FPP Vs TPP topic if you wants more information about that).
First person perspective is the perspective of all human beings. Only difference is in a video game you do not have the same degree of control, but it's still counts as first person perspective. :shrug:

First person perspective is the perspective of all human beings. Only difference is in a video game you do not have the same degree of control, but it's still counts as first person perspective. :shrug:

Video game first person is actually quite different, if you read the thread Kakita is talking about, you'll see what he means.

Video game first person is actually quite different, if you read the thread Kakita is talking about, you'll see what he means.
Maybe I will give it a read. Okay. :think:

I was speaking more in general terms about the news provided about the game.
...Yes....? :shrug: News about the game that talks about what the game will/might possibly be like...?
We're on the same page, No? :shrug:

Only difference is in a video game you do not have the same degree of control

Lack of control AND all of the senses (vision, smell, taste, touch, hearing) and intuition insofar as understanding and interpreting your surroundings go through those senses.

...Yes....? :shrug: News about the game that talks about what the game will/might possibly be like...?
We're on the same page, No? :shrug:

I thought I'd clarify since you quoted me and spoke only of "seeing the character".

Seeing the character is irrelevant to me (as an isolated topic). My comment was a general one of how the game looks to be shaping up.

Last edited:
Lack of control AND all of the senses (vision, smell, taste, touch, hearing) and intuition insofar as understanding and interpreting your surroundings go through those senses.
Forgive me, I assumed that you also assumed that I understood that. I didn't think to make it clear enough so I apologize, those are excellent points, and even if I was subtly aware of them before, I'm definitely more aware of them now. The only thing I have to say at this moment on that besides what I have already stated, is that I even further assumed that senses like (smell,taste,touch) were already assumed as something we were probably not going to experience inside of a videogame in 2020. I never once thought any of those senses would be included in CyberPunk2077, so when I was referring to perspective I meant it strictly in a visual/area/positioning format, as if to say that as a human being, and V in the very masterfully made CyberPunk2077, were most definitely at the very least (since First Person Perspective) going to share the same visual experience and location of eyes/perspective in a visual sense (give or take the ability for the level of fine control a human being in real life has, for example I doubt I can scratch my nose or change my tongue positioning or bend down and look at a specific spot on my stomach or turn my arm over and look at my elbow in CyberPunk2077, which is quite honestly totally understandable) I hope this clears things up. :)

(43 pages!) (do you have any points you felt were very good? like above?)
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...e-thread-open-be-nice.10991716/#post-11265724

SKyrim.jpg

For who is saying that sliders make character less believable or don't work as intended (If you are not good at it you can't blame the tool).

THis char is mostly vanilla she has only better texture and is a good showcase how a slider system is far better for character customization than just a underdeveloped system based on presets.

View attachment 11008681

For who is saying that sliders make character less believable or don't work as intended (If you are not good at it you can't blame the tool).

THis char is mostly vanilla she has only better texture and is a good showcase how a slider system is far better for character customization than just a underdeveloped system based on presets.
The reason people have problems with sliders is their implementation.
O-------------------------------- O=button ------------- = large range of options/settings
Problem is that the button = O is slippery like a banana or a bar of soap, and the settings = ------------------------ are not clearly marked or numbered, and when selected, do not give any indication of which is currently selected.
O------------------------------------ = bad because of bad presentation and representation of all settings, and lack of fine control

[1]-[2]-[3]-[4]-[5]-[6]-[7]-[8]-[9]-[10] = the same exact thing, but each setting/option is now its own button, there is no more slippery button, options are clearly marked and numbered, and the player always knows exactly where their setting is, and can even write it down to remember it later or share it with someone else. It's just a better presentation and representation of the same code and software, it's just that the GUI is better.

The player who cares very much for character customization, can now spend those same 10 hours in the character creator having fun and enjoying the experience, VS 10 hours of constant paranoia and second guessing, and false game starts, quitting once they see the player looks "off" in the actual gameplay, and restarting and re-trying in the character editor countless more times. Good GUI = 10 hours of fun. :)

Top Bottom