Worst looking armor you've found?

+
I like it, that's how armor was back in the day. Witcher is not some high fantasy world whit perfect look armor out of fashion elf weekly. The belly that everyone has problem with is in fact a defensive mechanism, a sword, an arrow or what ever has to penetrate further pass metal layer to dmg the person that has it on. That's why it look how it looks. Defense stats are vs humans to.You want Witcher gear? for monsters? go hunt for it , you have 3 school to pick from and several upgrades Tier that change the look of it to.

It's kinda sad they went with such mundane armor in this game. One wonders what the art lead said to the team: "Well guys, take Witcher 2 armor and make it less interesting."

I hope they at least patch some interesting ones in the DLC program. Geralt just doesn't stand out as a Witcher anymore when he wears typical armor. I was hoping that awesome bear armor would make it in but it appears not.

You know you've done something wrong when simple re-textures of your previous game's most basic armor are more distinct, stylish and flavorful than 90% of your new game's armor.

---------- Updated at 07:48 PM ----------

I like it, that's how armor was back in the day. Witcher is not some high fantasy world whit perfect look armor out of fashion elf weekly. The belly that everyone has problem with is in fact a defensive mechanism, a sword, an arrow or what ever has to penetrate further pass metal layer to dmg the person that has it on. That's why it look how it looks. Defense stats are vs humans to.You want Witcher gear? for monsters? go hunt for it , you have 3 school to pick from and several upgrades Tier that change the look of it to.

Sadly the beloved Witcher's Bandolier from TW2 is gone and none of the Witcher's armor in this game looks nearly as good as the concept art for it.

RIP epic fur collar ;(

Were their wyverns, Forktails, Endrega's in medieval times? No? Then please for the love of god Hush Please.

It is OBJECTIVE fact that 85% of the armors (85% Because i am feeling nice, I use a signs build and i have to use the dumb**** looking griffin armor) looks f***ing stupid on geralt.

What happend to the concept armor? No wait... What the hell happened to the armor in general? Why doesn't geralt look like a f***Ing witcher?

Were their wyverns, Forktails, Endrega's in medieval times? No? Then please for the love of god Hush Please.

It is OBJECTIVE fact that 85% of the armors (85% Because i am feeling nice, I use a signs build and i have to use the dumb**** looking griffin armor) looks f***ing stupid on geralt.

What happend to the concept armor? No wait... What the hell happened to the armor in general? Why doesn't geralt look like a f***Ing witcher?

What's worse is that the Griffin armor looks pretty decent apart from that horrible Cuirass.

It makes geralt look like he's had way too much vodka and donuts over at the tavern. Yennefer would be shocked and appalled to see him dressed like that.

I miss my vran armor.... :(

I beat the game wearing the starting armor upgrade because i hated all the other armors lol hopefully the expansion armors wont be as fugly looking.

Really don't get why they decided to throw away the concept art they released and make the ones we got now. Out of all of them, there are like 4 that appeal to me.

Seriously saddened by ALL the armor I've so far found in the game, and still using the upgraded version of the first armor (now I' level 20 or such). It's either plate armor, which doesn't suit a witcher at all, something that looks completely stupid, or it's an armor of some faction (Temeria/Nilfgaard/Kaedwen/Witch Hunters, etc) that a witcher would never wear. Where the hell are all the armors that are in the concept art that we can even download with the game?
I mean... The graphical downgrade is somewhat understandable, but why the hell would you remove all the armor sets that look cool and make sense, and add in a bunch of shite-armor??? This game has very little number of reasons to be disappointed, but those few reasons are really major...
Hope to see modders get their hands on armors as quick as possible. First import Witcher 2 armors, then create more. Cuz I really don't want to finish the game with the same piece of armor I started with.
:sad:

I'm just really upset they took the bath towel out of my inventory. I was planning on wearing it for a majority of the game

Which are not so much better. They are too elaborate.

Something more your taste?

I like the coat... but who's the emo kid wearing it?

;D

Yes but back then... there weren't Witchers. This is a fantasy game and while the clothing should fit the era, the Witcher wore gear that would best be described as Hunter gear. In the books actually describe in great detail the armor of a Witcher.

So the era clothing maybe correct for people, but Witchers wouldn't be wearing that stuff. They've clearly expressed how they feel about those clothes in the game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom