Worst looking armor you've found?

+
Shiadhals Armor.

I was very very excited once i found the Diagram. I was eager to craft it, but i had to level up a bit. But then it was a real bummer. The Armor looks exactly like the Verden Archer Gambeson, and is ugly as shit. :(

It's ugly? I've been sitting on that diagram for a while now... hoping to use it when I'm leveled up higher. Damn. I really can't wear crappy looking armor... not in RPGs.

I find a lot of the armor seems to be made to look more on the "realistic" side which is nice but kind of sucks since realistic looking medieval armor generally looks stupid compared to the badass fake stuff you can get in fantasy movies and games. Realistic checkered patterns and "fat" looking layered armor or rounded chest plates just don't look as badass as fantasy studded leather armor or chain-mail bikinis and such

I think most of the armors in the Witcher 3 are ugly except the Ursine set.
Witcher 2's armors are much more aesthetically pleasing, and I had hoped that some the designs would make it to the Witcher 3.

I think most of the armors in the Witcher 3 are ugly except the Ursine set.
Witcher 2's armors are much more aesthetically pleasing, and I had hoped that some the designs would make it to the Witcher 3.

Mmm I have to agree.

I know pre-release whenever the subject of armour came up and most of the stuff we'd seen was pretty meh, I kept saying, "Just wait, as long as there's variation it'll be fine, I'm sure those more Witcher 2-style armours will exist". Sadly this never really came true. Really the only sets that look remotely like 2's style are DLC (Temeria) and then the sets that Eskel/Lambert have, which you can't obtain (Cat is ok until you start upgrading it, but that's more Witcher 1-style).
DLC aside, the Ursine armour is the only one that I find truly aesthetically pleasing, and even then it still doesn't reach the amazingness that was the Concept Art.

Honestly I'm pretty much just sticking to the DLC Armour or Ursine from now on. I'm doing a slow and steady follow-up Death March playthrough now, and even though I'm constantly finding new armour with better stats then the Temerian Set (Which better stats is meant to be vital for higher difficulties), I just end up saying fuck it and sticking with the Temerian stuff because almost everything else is meh at best, with most of it being straight up ugly.

C'mooon Redkit.

Mmm I have to agree.

I know pre-release whenever the subject of armour came up and most of the stuff we'd seen was pretty meh, I kept saying, "Just wait, as long as there's variation it'll be fine, I'm sure those more Witcher 2-style armours will exist". Sadly this never really came true. Really the only sets that look remotely like 2's style are DLC (Temeria) and then the sets that Eskel/Lambert have, which you can't obtain (Cat is ok until you start upgrading it, but that's more Witcher 1-style).
DLC aside, the Ursine armour is the only one that I find truly aesthetically pleasing, and even then it still doesn't reach the amazingness that was the Concept Art.

Honestly I'm pretty much just sticking to the DLC Armour or Ursine from now on. I'm doing a slow and steady follow-up Death March playthrough now, and even though I'm constantly finding new armour with better stats then the Temerian Set (Which better stats is meant to be vital for higher difficulties), I just end up saying fuck it and sticking with the Temerian stuff because almost everything else is meh at best, with most of it being straight up ugly.

C'mooon Redkit.
This is exactly the case with me.
The Temerian set reminded me of the blue jacket Geralt started with in the Witcher 2. I used the Temerian set until I reached level 17, then I started using the Ursine armor.
I really hope CDPR releases some badass looking long armors like the Ursine in the upcoming DLCs, because there is a lack of them although the cloth simulation is fantastic.

The knight gloves are horrible. They look like oven Mits.
There are a lot of overblown complaints and hyperboles flying around in this thread, but this is something I can genuinely agree with.

Personally these are the armors I like so far:

- The two DLC armors (Temerian and Nilfgaardian) are absolutely competent and decent looking.
- The feline and ursine sets, except maybe for the Mastercraft feline ,which in my opinione makes what was a nice design in the previous tiers a bit too busy.
- Few of the traditional-looking cloth jackets like the Freya's Armor and the striped one, can't remember the name.

...And I guess that's pretty much it? The rest range from "MEH" to "Ugh!", especially heavy plate armors that seem tailored for knights and don't really fit the character.

Top Bottom