Worst looking armor you've found?

+
I used the starting armour chest piece till level 14 because I kinda hate all the armour designs I've seen so far. Changed to Cat school armour, don't really like it that much, but the biggest disappointment was the Griffon school armour. I was so exited when I made that set and then sold the chest piece as soon as I saw how ugly it was. I miss Witcher 2 armours, the Kayran set especially.

I'm digging the enhanced cat and bear armor that I have, both sets i have are enhanced. I have the griffin armor too, but its still in the first stage and I havent found the next diagram sets for it. Still, I think I'm gonna stick with my combination of cat and bear armor.

its true tw3 doesnt have many good looking armor,i had one armor which had great stats but it looks like something those peasants on the streets would wears。。。。。。

Yes. The art design of the armors is based on the real medieval fashion.

But yes...there are very few Witcher armors.

haha it's really weird to see some armor that look like a hobo suit made of raggedy cloth, having defense stats higher than armors with chain-mail and metal plates... they should have added upgrade for more armors : P, so we can keep using the armors we like. Edna would have a heart attack seeing this.

kaer morhen was so cool and can be updated, but without additional storage space is a hassle to keep it, got rid of it in the first chapter : P , trying to keep my Temerian Armor Set but soon with have to go 100/130 weight.

Last edited:
"OMFG! Armor makes Geralt looks fat /cry"All these armors are amazing, based on actual medieval light armor. This is supposed to be witcher 3, not freaking nilfgaardian fashion week. If you are that annoyed for the sake of looks, follow Yennefer`s advice and use doublets, bitches

all thrown into garbage

Last edited:
"OMFG! Armor makes Geralt looks fat /cry"All these armors are amazing, based on actual medieval light armor. This is supposed to be witcher 3, not freaking nilfgaardian fashion week. If you are that annoyed for the sake of looks, follow Yennefer`s advice and use doublets, bitches

Bitch please... I am fabulous !

Attachments

• fp2_3210846_barm_bruno_premiere_062909.jpg
    fp2_3210846_barm_bruno_premiere_062909.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 93
The most disappointing thing...is that Devs have lost time to create those heavy useless armors which doesn't fit Geralt at all just to please some noob gamers.
I love the fact that armors are based on the medieval style...but there isn't a single armor which looks like a Witcher armor.

A lot of the armors are indeed ugly. To be honest, I only like the looks of Geralt's starting armor, Tremelian armor (from the DLC) and Ursine armor (bear). The rest of them look a little rediculous. I guess I finally found my one (and only) complaint on this game.

i hate the starting armor. chainmail is way too big and the whole concept is awefuel. i like the more medieval looking armors in witcher 3!

And here i am LOVING that all the armors look kinda silly....and that they are for normal people and that Geralt just happens to find....but from what i'v seen Witcher gear looks good so...yeah love the idea...the only thing i dont like is that the armor im currently wearing is green....:p

I'm ok with the armors, but those "flowers" at armpit level on the heavy armor have to go. I'll remove them when I have time.
I also need to get going on some retextures. Missing the W2 sash as well.

Every light weight armor has looked awful imo so far (level 1-25 or so). Still using the medium armor from the beginning of the game. Hah.

What's your point? So because it might be historically accurate (in a fantasy world which doesn't even fully follow the time period it's set in to begin with) nobody can call it ugly?

What can we comment on then? "Man, you can't say that vintage car looks like crap because it's historically accurate!" There's no harm in simply making a comment about something, good or bad. You have every right to say it looks amazing just like the person next to you has every right to say it looks like garbage.

Every single piece that I've seen except for the starting Kaer Morhen & Temerian armors has been HIDEOUS imho including the 3 witcher sets... really dislike them all.

The only one I've really liked so far is the Temerian set. Saying that - I'll take the armor from this one any day, over all those skin-tight leather pants from the second game (I seriously disliked them).

Could we maybe have these, please? :flower:

Every single piece that I've seen except for the starting Kaer Morhen & Temerian armors has been HIDEOUS imho including the 3 witcher sets... really dislike them all.

I agree. I say it again. As much as i love the medieval art style... devs have put too much effort in ugly medium and heavy armors which really doesn't fit the narrative background instead of making proper light armor that Geralt would wear.

It's kinda sad they went with such mundane armor in this game. One wonders what the art lead said to the team: "Well guys, take Witcher 2 armor and make it less interesting."

I hope they at least patch some interesting ones in the DLC program. Geralt just doesn't stand out as a Witcher anymore when he wears typical armor. I was hoping that awesome bear armor would make it in but it appears not.

Last edited:
Top Bottom