Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, if you haven't already, I warmly recommend reading the interview with Andrzej Sapkowski in this thread. It's very insightful about what we're talking in here.

I think this part in particular brings it home as to why people dislike Yennefer:

Interviewer: "The short story The Last Wish (Ostatnie życzenie) is a long metaphor about being very careful what you wish. The way to reach our desires at all costs can be full of dangerous Djinns, meaning unscrupulousness. Here we meet for the first time Yennefer of Vengerberg, who can also be a very dangerous sorceress. Love is born between the two but don't you think it's really too dangerous for Geralt to keep craving for a woman we find out to be not that reliable?"

A. Sapkowski: "Ha! That's what makes the story interesting, don't you think? Being a huge fantasy reader, sometimes I find boring or disgusting the stories where the hero can have sex with any woman, because those women can't wait to have sex with him. In those stories women are the hero's prize, the warrior's reward, and as such they have nothing to say, they can only moan and faint in the hero's strong arms." <----- I recognize a romance option from the game in this description ;)

"I am convinced that only with contact with the other sex - wether it is cause of attraction, care, confrontation or opposition - a hero can fully grow. When I created Yennefer's character I wanted Geralt to fully grow, but then I decided to make things complicated. I created a female character who refuses to be a fantasy stereotype. To please the reader."

BOOM!

Last edited:
Great interview with Mr. Sapkowski...really like what he said about Yen.

Anyway here are some new nice gifs :D

---------- Updated at 04:33 AM ----------

Anyway, here we go, bigger, brighter, smoother ;)

And better! :D

A. Sapkowski: "Ha! That's what makes the story interesting, don't you think? Being a huge fantasy reader, sometimes I find boring or disgusting the stories where the hero can have sex with any woman, because those women can't wait to have sex with him. In those stories women are the hero's prize, the warrior's reward, and as such they have nothing to say, they can only moan and faint in the hero's strong arms." <----- I recognize a romance option from the game in this description ;)

Meh, I disagree. Triss grows into her own as a character in Wild Hunt. She manages to evacuate all of the mages from Novigrad, and secures a position for herself as the leader of the mage community and the chief adviser to the King of Kovir. She has a purpose and will of her own that is not entirely dependent upon Geralt.

I don't think you give her props, either, for all of the selfless acts which she performs through the game, e.g. submitting herself to torture in order to locate Dandelion, helping Geralt track down Ciri even if they aren't in a romantic relationship, and then subsequently defending the lot at Kaer Morhen.

Glad to see that, after a few days absence though, we are still squabbling about who has the better fictional girlfriend.

Have to resist but it's impossible
Too much summer freetime is "witcherising" me completely ^_^

Think I need to fix my top. The moment before the battle is my 2nd fav.
Maybe the softest Yennefer in the whole game. Even Geralt looks a bit rude compare to her in that scene.

And Yen's gentle "Why not?" after his ironic "the house with the flower beds"...meh. 10/10

Yes yes hell yes! I'm glad somebody else felt the same way about this scene. I was very happy about it and also very touched. Yen finally came up with her vision of future together with Geralt, very much just like Geralts own visions...

He thought of her. Yennefer smiled, listening to his thoughts. The smile trembled on her

cheeks with the silver by the moon shadow on her eyelashes.

‘A house?’ Yennefer asked suddenly. ‘What house? Do you have a house? Do you wish to

build a house? Ah... sorry. I should not...’

He was silent. He was angry with himself. Thinking about her had inadvertently allowed

her to read the thoughts he harboured about it.

‘A beautiful dream.’ Yennefer lightly stroked his arm. ‘A house. A house built with your

own hands and in the house you and me. You would raise horses and sheep, I would take care

of the garden, food and Cardaria would weigh the wool that we would take to the market.

From the orens that we would be given from the sale of the wool and various fruits of the

earth we would by everything we need, say a little copper kettle and an iron rake. Every so

often we would visit Ciri with her husband and their three children, sometimes Triss

Merigold would come and to be with us for a few days. We could grow old with dignity. And

if I get bored at night you would play the bagpipes made with your own hands. Playing the

bagpipes, as everyone knows is the best remedy for the blues.’

The witcher was silent. The sorceress coughed softly.

‘Sorry,’ he said at last. He raised himself on his elbow, leaned over and kissed her. She

moved to rapidly embrace him. In silence.

‘Say something.’

‘I do not want to lose you, Yen’

‘After all I have.’

‘This night is over.’

‘Everything ends.’

No, he thought. I do not want it to be so. I’m tired. Too tired to accept the prospect of

principals, after which you have to start all over again. I wish...

‘Do not talk.’ With a quick movement Yennefer laid a finger on his lips. ‘Do not tell me

what you want or what you crave. Because I might not be able to fulfil your wishes and that

would cause me pain.’

‘And what do you want, Yen? What do you dream?

‘Only about things that can be achieved.’

‘What about me?’

‘I already have you.’

He was silent for a long time. And waited for the moment she broke the silence.

‘Geralt?’

‘Mmm?’

‘Make love to me, please.’

This is easily the best part in the books for me, it's just beautiful, no need to describe it with any other words. Beautiful. The way CDPR interpreted this into the game with Yennefer being the one bringing this topic up just brought tears to my eyes, very well done. You can see Geralt acting tough while trying to be funny and all, but you can also easily feel and see that his heart was melting at that point and he was the happiest Geralt ever, perhaps even happier than when he finally reunited with Yen and Ciri at Stygga. I couldn't get pissed with Geralts "solitary cottage by the sea" because it was just too funny, but holy shit this tent scene made it up for me. I was hoping something like this would come for my whole playthrough and CDPR didn't let me down! Very happy. :)

Both of these are very good original post material for me. @Kallelinski please consider it. :D

Love Geralt's composure at funerals :) Can't blame him though.

There is a perfect gif threesome in the original post for this:

I just had to repost it, sorry! :D

focus on face ;)
a bit big, but for the love of god, i can't get it smaller in size and i refuse to lower the quality :)

Oh god, that smooth camera work...I need to fix that, before it haunts me forever.

This forum needs webm support, would be so much better than using gifs.

The quality of webm is almost identical to the original video, yet it has sometimes only 1/10 of the original size.

Anyway, here we go, bigger, brighter, smoother ;)

Yeah it's the look in her eyes which is NSFW, not the boobies. :) I completely suck at making screenshots and gifs, free camera mode was never for me. I'm the guy who enjoys swift gameplay but never skips cutscenes, I enjoy every moment of them, yet I'm not the one to capture them.

I was never good at taking screenshots or making gifs and I never will be. I like to play my game haha.

If I want to see some great pictures or gifs I just come here, this is the right place. Emotional train, get abroad lads!

This is why I (we) need
@0nakita in my life. When I asked for some Last Wish screenshots and gifs and she said yes (SHE SAID YES GUYS!!!) I was very happy, but did I expect fucking 100 posts from her? Of course I didn't.

It's amazing how awesome people you can meet on the internet.

Her screenshots and gifs are astonishing, most of these moments are my personal favorites that I was never able to capture and see again. I'm very thankful.

Please
@Kallelinski take a closer look at her posts when you got some time to waste, I think I saw at least three gifs that should be included in the original post.

My personal favorites:

Well shit, I think I've listed like 10 of them, but it's hard to pick the best ones, they're all absolutely breathtaking so good luck. :D

Once again thanks for making my day @0nakita :)

Fuck you for making me cry! :cry:

Meh, I disagree. Triss grows into her own as a character in Wild Hunt. She manages to evacuate all of the mages from Novigrad, and secures a position for herself as the leader of the mage community and the chief adviser to the King of Kovir. She has a purpose and will of her own that is not entirely dependent upon Geralt.

I don't think you give her props, either, for all of the selfless acts which she performs through the game, e.g. submitting herself to torture in order to locate Dandelion, helping Geralt track down Ciri even if they aren't in a romantic relationship, and then subsequently defending the lot at Kaer Morhen.

Glad to see that, after a few days absence though, we are still squabbling about who has the better fictional girlfriend.

I absolutely loved Triss in TW3. I have no idea how that happened. Her character was just so good in the game, mad props to CDPR for forcing me to love Triss despite strongly despising her in the past. Very well written, I couldn't resist kissing her at the party, ignoring the fact I sold my soul to that evil necromancer bitch.

What really made me smile in TW3 was Triss actually. Yen and Ciri moments straight up made me cry.

Last edited:

People like to say how poor Triss's ready to be tortured by the evil sorceress hunters but at the same are trying to ignore the fact that Yennefer was tortured by a real maniac for 3 months (not few mins) and didn't give the location of Ciri.

Actually if we're talking about good acts by someone then with this logic Cerys is the best choice for Geralt, right? The possible young queen is ready to help everyone (not her clan only), " helping Geralt track down Ciri even if they aren't in a romantic relationship"
"and then subsequently defending the lot at Kaer Morhen" by herself or her brother.

And If I've mentioned Cerys, a little offtop about her then.

For me she's the best totally new female character by CDPR. A real lively character.
It's great that Geralt can not romance her not just because she's too young for him. She's too good for him (reminds me of Essi :( )
Glad to see that REDs can make an interesting and lore character from scratch.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
If I want to see some great pictures or gifs I just come here, this is the right place. Emotional train, get abroad lads!

This is why I (we) need @0nakita in my life. When I asked for some Last Wish screenshots and gifs and she said yes (SHE SAID YES GUYS!!!) I was very happy, but did I expect fucking 100 posts from her? Of course I didn't.

It's amazing how awesome people you can meet on the internet.

Her screenshots and gifs are astonishing, most of these moments are my personal favorites that I was never able to capture and see again. I'm very thankful.
I'm glad that You liked gifs and screenshots.

Both of these are very good original post material for me. @Kallelinski please consider it. :D

Please @Kallelinski take a closer look at her posts when you got some time to waste, I think I saw at least three gifs that should be included in the original post.

My personal favorites:

Well shit, I think I've listed like 10 of them, but it's hard to pick the best ones, they're all absolutely breathtaking so good luck. :D

Once again thanks for making my day @0nakita :)

I agree that we need 0nakita's beautiful gifs and screenshots ont he first page! :)

Fuck you for making me cry!

You're welcome! :)

I absolutely loved Triss in TW3. I have no idea how that happened. Her character was just so good in the game, mad props to CDPR for forcing me to love Triss despite strongly despising her in the past. Very well written, I couldn't resist kissing her at the party, ignoring the fact I sold my soul to that evil necromancer bitch..

Yep I really liked Triss in TW3 too...her quests were really great and I enjoyed her companion a lot.

(Though I personally didn't like how she "yelled" at Geralt after he helped Ciri with Imlerith...:veryangry:)

---------- Updated at 06:52 AM ----------

Btw why @Scholdarr.452 was banned? I don't remember him acting in the "battle" two days ago.

Hopefully he will be back soon! I miss his posts!

Last edited:
Btw why @Scholdarr.452 was banned? I don't remember him acting in the "battle" two days ago.

I'm not 100% sure but I think I saw him posting some adverts lol. It was deleted from his post history so I can't make sure if I remember correctly.

I personally didn't like how she "yelled" at Geralt after he helped Ciri with Imlerith...:veryangry:

This is why Geralt could realistically never be with Triss. It would destroy him, Triss, Ciri and Yennefer. I don't think he would willingly hurt his family. Breaking hearts of his wife and daughter is one thing, but breaking his own and Triss in the process is why the choice can never be rational for me. He will never be able to stop thinking about Yen, it would require another amnesia and for him to become a completely different person (just like Trissefer tryhard cosplay in TW1). I don't think he could ever make Triss happy, how could a man who loves somebody else make you happy? Geralt doesn't understand Triss nor does Triss understand him, her still loving him and willing to give up everything for him despite knowing that he will never be able to return it proves it. The whole Geralt and Triss concept in the games strongly reminds me of any Rosamunde Pilcher movie plot with Triss playing the woman who he could never be with because his heart beats for somebody else. You know, when they test a man and his faithfulness - can this woman ruin his family and take him away from his wife and daughter? Will he resist or will he not? I hate it. I still like Triss because of how sad it is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom