Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another day - another battle :disgust::angry2:

:lol:

Mb another theme for discuss:

What Yenn found in Geralt? Why he is so attractive to her?

Crach was cold with Yen at the beginning because he though she was Vilgefortz's accomplice,but their intercations were pretty friendly later on.
I don't see it as pretty friendly, rather mutual interest. And neither did devs probably, because the scene they made in the game showed them talking rather coldly again.

---------- Updated at 11:48 AM ----------

So the girl who gets enough friends is the girl who wins? My my, awesome.
Don't distort my words, okay? I never stated anything like this.

I don't see it as pretty friendly, rather mutual interest. And neither did devs probably, because the scene they made in the game showed them talking rather coldly again.

Crach even offered her to sleep with him:
“I count on it. Good night, Yenna… Hmmm…”“What, Crach?”“I was wondering if you would like to, well…hmmm…as lust would have it…”“No, Earl. The past is the past and was not written into the register. Good night.”

Crach even offered her to sleep with him:
“I count on it. Good night, Yenna… Hmmm…”“What, Crach?”“I was wondering if you would like to, well…hmmm…as lust would have it…”“No, Earl. The past is the past and was not written into the register. Good night.”
Yep, and this again was them being EXs, not friends.

Mb another theme for discuss:

What Yenn found in Geralt? Why he is so attractive to her?
Here's the cake. Didn't feel like it has to be repeated again, so why not quoting some old posts? ;)

There was a lot of talks about Yennefer and Geralt as a couple and many people think that they are not perfect match. Also many people think that another woman in Geralt life is better suit for his lover role. So I want to share my thoughts about this situation. So is really Yennefer not perfect match for Geralt lover? Also I must warn you that my thoughts are based on The Witcher books simply because there isn’t enough info about Yennefer in the game.So be aware of huge spoilers.
There is rumor that Yennefer and Geralt have very different characters. I must agree that they are not copy of each other but I think many people don’t see how similar their fate was. Let’s start from the beginning. Both Geralt and Yennefer have very tragic childhood. Both were rejected by their parents. One was send to Aretusa second was left in Kaer Morhen. And I don’t know who’s childhood was worse. Don’t remember your mother or been abuse by your own parents. But I see that this situation had a huge impact on their characters. Actually I think this is one of the many things that unite them and make feelings between them so strong.
Don’t forget that both didn’t forgive their parents for what was done to them. Both planned to have their revenge… though only Yennefer was able to do it. Geralt didn’t have a chance. Also Yennefer don’t regret what she has done to her parents. While Geralt wanted to see his mother suffering not physical but mental. So this is also united them.
Both have similar fate in the world. Yennefer was hated by other because of her hump. Even her parents didn’t love her. This poor child was living in world of hate. And in Aretuse things got even worse so she decided to make suicide. Tissaia said that she wasn’t joking or trying to get attention to her after seen her wounds. Yennefer wanted to die. While we never learned why she wanted this what we learned from book is that she has no regrets. Also it wasn’t her choice to become sorceress. Geralt had similar fate. He didn’t choose to became Witcher, his childhood was full of pain and he could easily died and I think was near his death many times during trials of grass. Yennefer got Tissaia and Geralt had Vesemir as their teacher and closest persons in their life.
So I think this is the reason the feeling between them are so strong. You can’t fully understand other people feeling if you didn’t have similar fate. Both perfectly know what is been hated by whole world, been abandoned even by your parent, been alone your whole childhood.
This is the reason why everyone thinks Yennefer has no heart and is a bitch, Queen of Snow. Because of her damaged childhood. Now been beautiful and powerful sorceress she is returning to the world debts of her childhood. But she didn’t turned in to mean person. She cares about people she barely know if they are kind to her or don’t treat her like a bitch. For example she says to Geralt to leave her In last wish story because she can’t grant him safety. The Jinn was strong and she hadn’t power to protect Geralt so she says him to leave. She can risk her life but she didn’t want to risk a life of unknown person. Didn’t this remind you something? Some person who’s job is to risk his life in order to save unknown to him people.
Like Yennefer, Geralt is hated by whole world because of his job. No one likes the Witchers. And it’s a big issue for him. So big that he is willing to join random company if people don’t fear him. Because of his job he almost has no friend and always travel’s alone. And Yennefer understand this because she had similar experience. That is why she thanks Dandelion for been his friend, for been close to him so he wouldn’t feel lonely. And Dandelion says that it’s not a big deal and Geralt had more troubles because of him instead of help. But Yennefer knows how this is important for Geralt. How it’s important to have someone close to you when whole world hates you.
Also both of them are very intelligent and educated people. Remember that it wasn’t common in the Witcher world. Both have read a lot of books and know a lot of things about world. Both had live a long life and seen a lot of things bad and good.
Both have doubts about feelings. Geralt because of trial of grass. But Yennefer problem is more complicated. I think because of her childhood she thinks she can’t love anyone. More likely she didn’t know what is love. Her parents didn’t love her, in Aretuse other girls didn’t love her and even Tissaia didn’t show her love. In Shard of Ice story she run away from Istred and Geralt not because she can’t decide who is better for her but because she thinks she is Queen of Ice who can’t love. She think’s that she can’t accept love while been unable to return similar feeling to Geralt of Istred. The girl who never experience love in her life is afraid that she would break other people feeling. That when they will learn her true self they will abandon her like many other. Each season someone new is running behind my carriage Geralt each season but when they get to my castle magic is gone and they leave me, leave Queen of Ice.
A lot of sorceress were ugly before Aretusa. But magic make them beautiful though it didn’t change their eyes… the cold eyes of ugly girls who hates world. Yennefer isn’t like this. She knows the price of true feeling just she think she has nothing in return. The magic had take away all from her even the most valuable for a woman. Like with Geralt and trials of grass. It wasn’t their choice and they don’t have anything left in them. This feeling unite them more than any other things.
As for Triss… she is a great friend and beautiful woman. But I think she will never truly understand Geralt. Never truly understand what he is feeling.
P.S. Gold Dragon said that Yennefer and Gerald were bond to be together that they are perfect match, but it’s not enough for them to be together.

That's a great post, really. I want to add something about Yen's behaviour, same thing I wrote a day or two ago.
Yen's shell is more for her emotions, she just doesn't want to show them properly, that's because they would make her a weak being in front of the others, or being misjudged, that's is a double edged weapon because this shell has the same cons too, people can misjudge her. She may seems emotionally stable and she is, but she doesn't want to show any of her flaws. Let's not talk about her past now, but about Tissaia De Vries words:

'And now... We're here alone, without witnesses. No one is looking at us, and I'm not going to say anything to anyone. Cry, girl. Pour it all out. Make it your last cry. Starting now you will never cry. There is nothing more pathetic than a sorceress in tears.'

Speaking of Geralt, he has a shell and a witcher moral code invented by himself.

And neither did devs probably, because the scene they made in the game showed them talking rather coldly again.

Devs not bothering with showing Yen's other side by her being nice and friendly with other people (beside Geralt and Ciri) ? Must be Thursday :p

Pretending the fact that being EXs after one night stand and some other frickle frackle sessions is actually a thing. But yeah Triss and Geralt were friends. But Geralt and Yennefer were too, remember his letter:

<<Dear friend...>> :pride:

<<Hi dear friend>> :pride2:

"Pox." :geraltsad:

I don't really understand why can't they be EXs AND friends at the same time?It definitely worked for Triss and Geralt.
They can, but offering to sleep has nothing to do with friendship. And it worked for Triss and Geralt because she not only tries to kiss him and get his attention, but they also have some rather warm conversations, some conflicts and their resolutions.
Still, devs decided that Crach's and Yen's relationship is quite cold. I'm not sure of this myself, because there aren't enough arguments from the book to support any point of view, but they did it like this.

Pretending the fact that being EXs after one night stand and some other frickle frackle sessions is actually a thing. But yeah Triss and Geralt were friends. But Geralt and Yennefer were too, remember his letter:

<<Dear friend...>> :pride:

<<Hi dear friend>> :pride2:

"Pox." :geraltsad:

I will never understand why he wrote that. Poor dude for 2 nights was thinking over how to start. And he goes with "my dear friend...". :facepalm2:
Literally ANYTHING else would be smarter, like "dear Yen" or just "Yen" :p

I will never understand why he wrote that. Poor dude for 2 nights was thinking over how to start. And he goes with "my dear friend...". :facepalm2:
The fact that he intensively thought about how to start the letter for 2 nights straight cracks me up everytime.

"Good, I think this is the best approach."
"Oh,dear friend."
"Approach failed, retreat, retreat."

I love their bantering, even if within a letter. I love the books, dammit.

I will never understand why he wrote that. Poor dude for 2 nights was thinking over how to start. And he goes with "my dear friend...".
He is too proud and stubborn. And afraid to deal with problem directly. It has nothing to do with rationality and even feelings - he is trying to play cold, to play offended, probably to make her bring excuses, but fails as always.

Well, Geralt got into not infrequently situation, like :lol:

Attachments

• gb.jpg
    gb.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 60
I will never understand why he wrote that. Poor dude for 2 nights was thinking over how to start. And he goes with "my dear friend...".
Literally ANYTHING else would be smarter, like "dear Yen" or just "Yen"

Dandelion must be laughin at Geralt about that letter many times.

:what:: Damn, I miss her and also need her help. What should I do?
:eredin:: Write a letter of course, silly. Try to be sincere but don't sound like a horny lover. Don't hide your feelings but don't show them all as well.
:smiling2: : Brilliant! Thank you, Din.

2 hours later

:evil2:: Want to hope that you've not screwed up but you better to read it.
:pride:: *cough* Dear, friend...
:eredinfacepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom