Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Diary of an Herbalist

We are getting closer and closer to defeating The Wild Hunt with every day. However getting closer also means more danger, we might all end up dying... Because of this and many other reasons, I have finally decided to tell her today.
She will refuse it anyways, but I will never know if I do not try. This day I will share my beautiful vision of our future.

Play it cool. Talk about politics. Take a deep breath. You have to do it. Do it for her, do it for yourself, just spit it out!

:geraltsad:Uhhh Yen, listen... what about a... small, secluded hut with ummm... a flower garden to tend to?
Why not? If that is what you dream of?

What?! Oh my god. I cannot believe this! She actually agreed with it? Oh shit. Yes! Yes! YEEEEES! I am so happy!

Last edited:
Diary of an Herbalist

We are getting closer and closer to defeating The Wild Hunt with every day. However getting closer also means more danger, we might all end up dying... Because of this and many other reasons, I have finally decided to tell her today.
She will refuse it anyways, but I will never know if I do not try. This day I will share my beautiful vision of our future.

Play it cool. Talk about politics. Take a deep breath. You have to do it. Do it for her, do it for yourself, just spit it out!

:geraltsad:Uhhh, listen... what about a... small, secluded hut with ummm... a flower garden to tend to?

:exasperation:Jesus, Geralt, it was a one night stand, get over it. Besides I prefer dark haired men.

:nice:

:geraltsad:Okay plan B... Uhhh Yen, listen... what about a... small, secluded hut with ummm... a flower garden to tend to?

Why not? If that is what you dream of?

What?! Oh my god. I cannot believe this! She actually agreed with it? Oh shit. Yes! Yes! YEEEEES! I am so happy!

Fixed. :p

Again, the aging issue is not related with the fixing appereance. Mages age slowly than ordinary people because of their powers (having access to magic delays aging), they don't need to use magic on themself in order to not appear decrepit old ppl. Francesca Findabair is beautiful and she doens't need to use magic on herself to not look like an old granny, same for Triss or Yen. If not Yen would have appeared like a decrepit granny in Last Wish but this is not the case. Sorceress were often ugly before the "magic surgery" because as stated in Last Wish they were the daughters that couldn't get an husband. Obv this statement regards sorceress that came from a medium class family, where the marriage represents the only "arrangement" for the women. This potentially excludes Francesca for example, since she's a queen and she didn't need an husband to settle herself. And could potentially exclude Triss, if she didn't have a family that needed to settle her in some way. Furthermore, I've checked today and in Last Wish it's clearly said that magic can remove birthmarks, smallpox marks and scars, so it's pretty plausible that Triss could have removed her scars from Sodden Hill if she could use "magic surgery".

Francesca is an elf, elves age much different than humans anyway. They can live hundreds of years, of course she doesn't need magic, if she looks like mid-20 for 400 years.

In Season of Storms this aging process is briefly mentioned, the sorcerer who invented that potion was already a grandpa, when he did it, so he couldn't make himself any younger anymore, only stop his aging at this point.

If Triss can't use this potion due her allergy, she will ultimatively age accordingly.

Mages age slowly than ordinary people because of their powers (having access to magic delays aging)

I can't remember that, i would even disagree, since as far as i know sorcerers don't age significantly slower, because they are sorcerers, it's the potion that make them ageless.

Is anythinge mentioned about druids? They are basically "natural" sorcerers, so they don't use that never-aging-potion of course, because that would be against nature and blah.

Video games are a lesser narrative medium. That's a fact for me that I don't need to discuss. ;)

If that's how you feel, maybe you shouldn't use it in discussions ;)

But that doesn't mean that they can't suffer from hubris or just bad decisions. Open world is one of these bad decisions...

At least we agree on this.

It's a bit presumptuous to say that. How do you know the what people suggest here "genuiely improve the game" and that theses suggestion would "please us all"? I think that you have no proof for that claim, I can even refute it pretty easily. You might go back a few pages to my concrete suggestions for changed dialogue. There were a lot of critical posts from people who didn't like my changes that much. And they had every right to feel that way. Just because I think a certain scene would work better in a different way doesn't mean others feel the same.

So please, don't mix up opinions of individuals with some kind of "facts". What we talk about here is fully subjective, as it's pretty much always the case when we talk about narrative and storytelling. ;)

You've somehow managed to completely miss the point. Please read my original post again.

I specifically pointed out it's not anyone's word for word suggestion that will make everyone here happy, but the refined version of it CDPR decides is worthy of implementing.

If we go back to your suggestion about Triss confrontation, I personally thought it had good and bad bits.

My personal suggestion on that topic was different and I don't expect everyone to like it.

If CDPR decides to implement a Triss Yen confrontation, regardless if they take our examples, just bits of it or a completely new version of it made by them, WE BOTH STAND TO GAIN what we wanted in the end.

That's why I said the core of our suggestions is the same, and stand to please us all.

The degree of pleasure depending person by person will obviously vary, but that is beside the point.

You can't refute this logic and line of thinking because CDPR already proved it with Triss case.

You're welcome to have your opinion set in stone and closed for discussion, I don't feel compelled to dissuade you :)

Just something I've been wondering... if the devs had decided to do a sequel closer to W2, and Geralt and Triss were still together at the start of the game, how do you imagine Yennefer's romance playing out?

Do you think the "rekindling of the old flame" would be up to the player completely (through Geralt's actions) or would she be the one making the attempts?

....I have a strong feeling that we won't get anything regarding Yennefer...so much of hate towards this woman all over this forum and net. Maybe she isn't worth to be in any of the expansions. :cry:

I started playing straight from W2, but first read all the books to help in the immersion, I came across a great game, but had nothing of the main characters only Geralt, no Yennefer and Ciri. And Geralt fully sunk in politics. Ok he was with amnesia, but the rest of the world does, no one spoke of personal reasons Geralt in W1? Erased Ciri and Yennefer the world? Well my hopes returned in W3, Geralt left side politics (recovered memory), but felt that Yennefer was nothing to him, as if nothing had happened (as if his amnesia kept only in relation to her).

Conclusion: For me CPR did a good job as a game, but spoil the whole content explored in the books, where every backdrop originated without the books, surely would not have the success it did, because RPG has to have content and that the books are vital. I should have included Ciri and Yen in W3 to have a conclusion in a W4.
And now continue ruining the history books completely changing the character of Geralt, putting everything aside what happened to the character and its people close to just meet a group of people who do not understand the contents as a whole. Exemple, he rebuking the Yennefer all the time and that the books made it clear that he would do anything, kill all to reach Ciri.

And now make expansions and remove the main characters again is a lack of respect with the world created by the writer and life and immersion that this has placed us.

I am not saying that the game should be linear, it is a RPG, but certain actions must be comprehensive, example, allow Geralt say you love Triss before breaking the magic of the Djinn, was understanding the other options, but say you love ... it took 10 years to say this to Yennefer still on the magic. And there's other things I will not mention.

Remember that the game forces you say you love Triss to take her to Kaer Morhen, but does not force to say who loves Yennefer, where is the option of calling Triss without saying that love?

The quest end of Triss should be released only after returning to Kaer Morhen, with the option to love Triss would be unlocked if you finish with Yennefer in Last Wish.

I like the game and I'm still playing, but the story and immersion were destroyed. Ruined a previous history to satisfy Dev and Players fans of some characters. Other words sell more.

Sorry about my English.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom