Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not explicitly written but it is implied, for me at least, when they talk in Belleteyn about the breach between them, for example, one is having a child together.

I think it's pretty clear and logical to assume that every since Yen fell in love with Geralt, she wanted to have a child not just with any man, but with him mostly ;) (even if it's impossible)

I think the first moment of confidence they ever had together is the bath scene.

The one where they were willing to kill themselves? I think they already had a confidence and beautiful moment in Thanned.

---------- Updated at 04:37 PM ----------

I think it's pretty clear and logical to assume that every since Yen fell in love with Geralt, she wanted to have a child not just with any man, but with him mostly ;) (even if it's impossible)

I agree. And in the scene of Belleteyn, this fact (the two having a child) is even clearer. I think that after A shard of ice, her depression because of this cause was bigger and painful for her than ever.

Actually for me this was the night of broken hearts, even more than Belleteyn, because this time Ciri was around. Yennefer had no confidence in their future, nor did Geralt. They could always just live for the moment, should it be one night or one year, but that's it. I think the first moment of confidence they ever had together is the bath scene.

I meant only the side of their relationship between each other. Even mostly her side (she believed in him till the end) while Geralt played the dumbsadface role (thanks to Milva, Regis and other awesome guys they helped that moron witcher to stop whining and act).
Of course they had tons of troubles with Ciri, politics, the Lodge, Vilgefortz, Nilfgaard etc. but love finally became a constant.

The reason Yennefer survived in Stygga - she truly believed that her prince sadface lover will come and save her. That's why I see a real confidence in Yennefer.

OK, my english is bullshit and maybe I haven't explained myself very well when I made the question. I'll try again. :p

Yennefer had been looking for a child for many years even before she met Geralt (f.e. that's the cause why she wanted to capture the Djinn in The Last wish). My question is, when did she realized she didn't want a child with any man anymore. When did she realized she only wanted now a Geralt's child and not any man's child?
Again, it's not a problem with your English. I just don' think that this ever happened.

The question of motherhood always separated Yen and Geralt. At no time Yen decided that she "wanted a child only from Geralt". On the opposite, her decision for Geralt (out of love) ripped her apart internally since that also meant that her wish to be mother would perhaps never be fulfilled. That's exactly the tragic element of their relationship, like Borch told them. Being together with Geralt meant for Yen to give up her desire to become mother. There was no hope in their relationship for new life and both Yen and Geralt knew that very well.

Well, until Ciri changed everything between them.

Last edited:
In other words, when she had decided that Geralt is the one with whom she should seek Something More (even without direct connection to children, maybe)

I think she never did.

---------- Updated at 07:01 PM ----------

The reason Yennefer survived in Stygga - she truly believed that her prince sadface lover will come and save her. That's why I see a real confidence in Yennefer.
Actually she thought that Geralt would come to save Ciri - and he did. That's more than confidence in love, it's confidence in the forces of destiny.

It actually felt like:

Regis: Let's find your ladies!

Geralt: Leave me alone. I'm so sad.

Milva: We are ready, lead the way!

Cahir: We must hurry!

P.S. Need emoticons with Regis, Milva, Kagir and Angulema asap.

http://veganya.deviantart.com/

Last edited:

Guest 3842753

Again, it's not a problem with your English. I just don' think that this ever happened.

The question of motherhood always separated Yen and Geralt. At no time Yen decided that she "wanted a child only from Geralt". On the opposite, her decision for Geralt (out of love) ripped her apart internally since that also meant that her wish to be mother would perhaps never be fulfilled. That's exactly the tragic element of their relationship, like Borch told them. Being together with Geralt meant for Yen to give up her desire to become mother. There was no hope in their relationship for new life and both Yen and Geralt knew that very well.

Well, until Ciri changed everything between them.

After the dragon told her that she could never bear kids she gave up on that possibility, period, regardless of who the guy was or would be.

I meant only the side of their relationship between each other.

Yennefer was finally confident in Gervant and his genuine feelings for her, that's true. I wouldn't say that she
"believed in herself and Geralt together" though. The moment was nice as usual - Gery told her he loves her,
she saw his vision of future and all, but I honestly fail to see any confidence in being together. Pink glasses.

Powiedz coś.
Nie chciałbym cię stracić, Yen.
Przecież mnie masz.
Ta noc się skończy.
Wszystko się kończy.

A czego ty pragniesz, Yen? O czym marzysz?
Tylko o rzeczach osiągalnych.
A ja?
Ciebie już mam.

If you want to talk about the night of broken hearts, talk about Thanedd (sad hopes), not Belleteyn (no chance).

Last edited:
Yennefer was finally confident in Gervant and his genuine feelings for her, that's true. But I don't think she "believed in herself and Geralt together" like you said.

The moment was nice, Geraldo told her he loves her, she saw his vision of future and all... but apparently I fail to see any confidence in being together. Pink glasses.

Powiedz coś.
Nie chciałbym cię stracić, Yen.
Przecież mnie masz.
Ta noc się skończy.
Wszystko się kończy.

A czego ty pragniesz, Yen?
O czym marzysz?
Tylko o rzeczach osiągalnych.
A ja?
Ciebie już mam.

If you want to talk about the night of broken hearts, talk about Thanedd, not Belleteyn. >_>

After experience they had it really looks like a faith in each other but no doubt pretty far from ideal.

At Belleteyn there was no hope in future.
Thanedd restored the things, reloaded everything between them.

Honestly, I found pinkglasses only in the game.

Guest 3842753

Well, we don't know whether she really gave up. She definitely thought about it. Her internal conflict was imo always ongoing, only ever to be resolved by Ciri.

RIght, even though she accepted that it would never happen, she couldn't help thinking about it sometimes or just chatting about it with Geralt (Belletyn).

She fell silent. He didn't like to see her fall into such darkness. He knew too well the reason for it. It's starting to gnaw at her again, he thought. There had been a time when it seemed that she had forgotten or accepted her fate. He moved his shoulders, rocking her like a child. She did not resist. Geralt wasn't surprised; he knew that she needed it.

Thanedd is just the consequence of Ciri affecting both of them in the first place. ;)

Yeah, and everything is just the consequence of the last wish ;)

By Ciri or not but for me Thanedd is the place where family was born. Not completely but it was a start.
Because later in Stygga castle when Geralt saved them both it looks like they already were a family.

Yeah, and everything is just the consequence of the last wish ;)
Nope, Ciri wasn't. Ciri has nothing to do with the Last Wish. Without Ciri the Last Wish was just bound to fail...

By Ciri or not but for me Thanedd is the place where family was born. Not completely but it was a start.
Because later in Stygga castle when Geralt saved them both it looks like they already were a family.
Thanedd was the place when Geralt and Yen translated their changed attitude into a mutual experience. But that was just the last moment in a long process that started with Geralt finally accepting Ciri as his destiny and Yen, doing the same, later on.

Just wanted to post a simple thank you for 1k pages in this topic. Its quite an impressive achievement, your passion towards Yennefer character is huge and i hope it will not stop from here. Yen is for me the best female character in modern computer game history, it is really nice to see so many people appreciating her personality and overall character. Good job.

I didn't mean confidence with pink vanilla scent luvmegervantIuvu. Of course not.

I meant another sorts:

The first confidence (classic for her) - overconfidence - almost cost her life.

The second confidence - faith - saved her life instead. Five months in Vilgefortz's cage without faith is pure death.

Faith is what she found only after Thanedd. Faith is not just like "damn if I want to live I want to believe in something". Nope.
Faith was given to her by Geralt and Ciri. A motive,a reason to live for the best.

Yennefer even had more faith than Geralt who was totally missed in two trees (into Triss).
It's a thing I called and meant as confidence.

That's why I see Thanedd as an important point for Yennefer, as a start of something more we can call family.
And that's why there starts a new, second chapter of Yennefer&Geralt relationship for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom