Your favorite Witcher moments - Contest

+
I don't know about favorite but one of the most memorable moments was facing down Dethmold in the Witcher 2, only to find later that in the translation for Time of Contempt in english the translator named him Detmold... DETMOLD! LIKE HE OWES MOLD SOME CASH!

Not exactly a moment inside the games but the fact that you guys still take the time to release patches and free dlc to improve the base game of witcher 2 is why I love the team and is also enough for me to know that you guys will pull off an amazing 3rd game in the series. Other developers should learn from you.

Keep up the awesome work!

The most magical moment of the entire Witcher series? Long before the first game came out! I had just finished reading the original books by Andrzej Sapkowski when I heard about the video game adaptation to be released in the future. I still remember the moment when CDPR released a couple of demos for the game soundtrack. One of the tracks was called "An Ominous Place" and man, it felt so damn fantastic. Every single second of the track was filled with that original atmosphere of the books-based storyline. To this day it gives me goosebumps and brings back all the memories of waiting for the game release, and spending long days on analysing first artworks and screenshots being published very slowly and carefully. Seeing Geralt pacing through a field under the dark sky on my PC screen? Or seeking shelter from the rain in a dark, chilly inn? I craved for those things as I read on the books! But the thing is, I would never imagine it could actually happen someday. When The Witcher came out, though, I could completely fall into those small things such as getting drunk in the woods or hunting monsters, not to mention catching up with the storyline. The power of this series lies in the atmosphere which is in such a great demand, and yet so unique. Absolutely fantastic, this game is.

Not so much a specific moment, as a take away from the whole first game. After years of being scared to make in-game decisions (what if it doesn't turn out the way I want it to? I'm going to have to reload, aren't I?) The Witcher 1 taught me to stop caring and to just play. Because of how the result of your decisions played out, it was all but impossible to reload your game and try again. I had to live with my decisions, and in the end I found the whole process to be extremely freeing. I have since had a much more character driven focus (what would this character do at this point in time?) and my engagement with cRPG has increased exponentially because of it. So when I sit here and look back at it, the whole of the first game was my favorite "Witcher moment".

Well, I was born in Poland and moved to the Netherlands at age of 10. Playing the witcher games started to make me homesick for some reason. In the first game when you walk trough the murky waters and fields, the soundtrack and the world building reminded me of the 10 years I lived in Poland. Thats why the game has emotional value to me, soundtrack, visuals and the references to Easter-Europe. End then there is the fact that the witcher game series has a amazing story and very fun gameplay mechanics.

Happy birthday Geralt! And thank you, CDPR for making such phenomenal games, and to Mr. Sapkowski for creating the Witcher saga.

My favourite moments would be:

1) Exploring the Outskirts of Vizima during daytime; it was quite a surreal experience. I felt like I was transported back in time to a village in Medieval Europe. I truly enjoyed the phenomenal music and observing the interactions between the villagers. It was definitely an immersive moment.

2) Another example would be exploring Vizima's Trade Quarter for the first time. The Peaceful Moments music was absolutely brilliant and helped to convey the grandeur and security of the Trade Quarter in contrast to the Temple Quarter and Swamps.

3) I enjoyed interacting with Siegfried as I admired his noble and gallant behaviour. He is the perfect archetype of the chivalrous knight! My favourite moment was when he asked me what he should name his new unit after the Battle of the Swamps. Whoever hired Siegfried's VA should be commended!

Last but not least ...

4) Purchasing a copy of the Witcher for the first time. I was thoroughly impressed by the Witcher 2 reveal trailer when it was announced a few years ago. I immediately contacted local retailers for a copy of the original game, but they were all sold out except for an EB Games location. I was disappointed to acquire a used copy of the game, but thought it was better than nothing. I enjoyed the extra goodies that CDPR bundled with it; the map, game guide, and bonus discs. The game itself was truly exceptional, and I regarded it as my favourite RPG (it had surpassed the original World of WarCraft)

By the time of the Witcher 2 release, I had purchased a copy of the Collector's Edition, a brand new copy of the Enhanced Edition, the European Collector's Edition, Polish Collector's Edition, digital copies on STEAM and Good Old Games, and the English translations of the saga! I've even gifted several copies of the video game and books to friends and associates.

Favourite Witcher 2 moment:

1) Foltest's army breaching the walls of La Valette's castle.
2) Finally defeating Letho during his encounter with Geralt in Flotsam.
3) Saskia's speech to the defenders of Vergen during Henselt's final assault on the walls.
4) Roche and Ves helping Geralt against Vanhemar and the Nilfgaardians.

I wrote a haiku about my favourite moment

Under ruined bridge
A lonesome troll tolls vodka
His mate beheaded

I find it incredibly sad when a monster or animal is separated from his partner because of human sport/ego. :( I felt like this simple scenario with the troll captured the sadness I felt from it succinctly, and it really hit home with me. It was incredibly heart wrenching for me to discover the head of his mate on some dudes wall, and I felt compelled to help him survive, and consequently help the other trolls survive as well.

I remember in the first Witcher going into the first accessible cave without a Cat potion, using a torch to see. It was terrifying because I couldn't see much but I could hear some monsters nearby (I think they were some sort of necrophages), and when they attacked I could either use the pitiful torch or switch to my silver sword and swing blindly. I tried both while screaming and failed horribly. Fighting in the dark is no fun!

Another memorable thing for me was during the boss battles the best music played for those scenarios. The electric guitar in some of the fights was brilliant and really helped me kick some butt.

One word : Lesbomancy!

On a more serious note what i like about the witcher series the most ( and thta's not only game series ) is Geralt's struggle for humanity, and the risks he is willing to take in order to keep it. I love the relationship between him and Yennefer, Ciri and Tris for me the love for them is the most memorable of the whole witcher series, game and books. On a side note please include those awesome witcher chains in the collectors edition. The chain and wulf pendant are the mose iconic wtcher memorabilia, and im sure people would love to have one. Keep up the excelent work CD PROJEKT RED!!!!

From Witcher 1 : Everything related to Alvin.The way Geralt can affect his life and development , by either creating a strong ,parent-like, bond with him or by giving him the cold ,shoulder really made me attach to the character ,it made me feel like his father and brought up the protection instinct,making me willing stand against all the enemies at once just so he can be sage.Not many game can boast with such an achievement, but Witcher 1 is definitely one that can.

From Witcher 2 : What impressed me the most is the relationship between Geralt and Leto , the uncertainty whether he is a foe or a friend, whether he is right or wrong.The best part is in the epilogue when they have their much deserved dialogue which hold quite a emotional weight and makes you realise a lot of things, not only about Geralt`s past ,but about the cruel world that they live in. The relationship between them is quite unique and one of my favorites of all time.

The Witcher 2. I was only buying time, trying the game out for the first time, on a PC that wasn't mine. Quests and side-quests went by. Decisions were made. Suddenly, Geralt fell into a hole in the ground and my only thought was: "F*ck, now I have to fight that huge guy who freezes boats and kills kings and collects heads??"

Needless to say, that huge guy who freezes boats and kills kings and collects heads kicked my butt and, most ashamed of my gameplay performance, I must say he made Geralt of Rivia look like a scared little girl running around and tossing Samums in any direction but the accurate one.

That same day I came home, bought the game, downloaded it and started playing properly. And some days later, that huge guy who freezes boats and kills kings and collects heads was terribly sorry for what he did...

-In Flotsam when Loredo appears to break up the fight at the hanging:
What the hell is going on here?- I said what the arse fuck is going on?!" Clover trying to report, I think I laughed to hard for my own good.

-In Vergen the meeting with the dwarves at the Inn... Sheldon Fucking Skaggs.

-A Sackfull of Fluff: Geralt: Pretty warm for this kind of year -Uh it is colder usually, yes.

The amount of times I've slapped my knee and started clapping like a retarded seal during this game have made the experience extremely worth while.

I found myself staring at the beautiful waterfall outside of Flotsam. Our of nowhere, the Drowners appear. I turn to face them, and Nekkers attack me from behind. And then the Squirrles come...
An epic 4v4v2v1 battle raged near the waterfall.
After two minutes of mad rolling, scrambling, and strategically striking, only Geralt remained, the sole victor midst the dead.
This moment wasn't a cutscene, planned to provoke emotion... It just was.

My most memorable moment, was managing to beat the first encounter with Letho.

"That's nothing special Coastal"!

Well my friends, I did it on the release patch. No blocking for me!

It was the most frustrating experience I've EVER had in a game, and I actually lost my temper quite severely at one point, trying to fight him, and I don't think I've ever been so angry at a game since I was a frothy-mouthed counter-strike kiddy.

I'm yet to replay The Witcher 2, and I've already forgotten how the battle ends, but I will NEVER forget the frustration that guy put me through.

I'll never forget the introduction to The Witcher one, you see all the landscape, setting and atmosphere for the game to come. You see how Geralt relearns some abilities and remembers slightly who he is. The first experience with the combat system that's not the usual one. The death of your companion and how the adventure starts as you travel to another place. The first hours of The Witcher, you get overwhelmed. You know the game is going to be straight awesome since the very beginning.

There's nothing like the beginning of the series for me.

To be honest the entirety of the story line for both games is what was so memorable for me, seldom do you ever connect with a character in a game anymore, they might have back grounds, which you barely notice, but in the Witcher it's completely different, you are plunged into an amnesiac who is trying to figure who he is, it's a quest to discover who he is, and that above anything else in the series drew me to the games as the most memorable.

Well... One thing that i never forget and really amazes me in The Witcher is to make decisions like you do in real life. Killing monsters? That's ok for me like it is ok with Geralt, i mean i can bring mayhem to the swamp and make monsters sorry for even existing, but choosing between Triss and Shani? Man... that was one of the most difficult choices i've made in a game. I was there sitting and talking to the screen:
"Shani is lovely, peaceful and safe. A woman who makes you feel comfortable after slaying monsters or kicking Masked Warriors' sorry asses (I hate Masked Warriors!) However, Triss is the one whom you can slay monsters with. She is powerful, sexy and dangerous. What am i gonna do?"

As if i was a guy trying to choose the angelic soothing or devilish hot mage. In the end, i chose Triss, because she can train Alvin, but it made me question the reason why guys choose hot chicks over cute ones and the vice versa. Damn Geralt, i was always sided with the cute ones, but every inch of your body and your soul was yearning for Triss. Sorry Shani, forgive me? :/

Bloth said:
Berengar poking at his little fire, watching me with a furrowed brow.
The Resolute Girl skipping and playing on the shore.
The Fisher King hauling in his nets once again.
The Elves sat by their fires, hungry and proud.
All sheltering under the Ladies outstretched hand.
Simply standing and walking along the lakeside was enough for my Geralt, a little dream of peace and a way of life he'll never know in the midst of all this tragedy. Respite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9es3gtxHMU
Yeah. This. Act 4 in The Witcher 1 is probably my favorite moment in gaming.

From The Witcher 1:

1. I loved that moment when confronting Jacques De Aldersberg and he says "silver sword? this one is for monsters" It was a powerful ending and a great moment.

2. I also loved when Berengar fought with me in the end and died. I could feel him and his inner feelings all the time.

3. When Geralt is asked 'steel sword for humans, silver for monsters' and he immediately replies, "both are for monsters". It was simply my favorite line in the game, it also occurs during De Aldersberg's confrontation when he says ""silver sword? this one's for monsters" and in the "Killing Monsters" trailer.

From The Witcher 2:

That moment when you are fighting the battle of Virgin and a massive army of Scoia'tael units appears in the horizon. Led by Iorveth, the elf who would do anything to achieve his dream of freedom. It gave me an adrenaline rush, just like all the movies when the cavalry arrives to the battlefield at an epic moment :)/>/>/>/>

Funny things for sure are "Odriiiiiiin" and the conversation in Henselt's camp while drinking beer. I also liked the great lines that Geralt says in the Prologue, when being interrogated by Roche. I felt sad for Roche, who was eager as hell to find the kingslayer!! And I was simply saying: "I'd go have a beer" and other provoking responses.

My wish is that I get a Witcher medallion but I live in Syria and I know you wouldn't send one there. But you know how it sucks here with so many snipers and bombardment, so I wish you would send me a Witcher medallion, you can deliver it to Turkey, UAE or Lebanon and I'll just go and get it! It would give me a blast of happiness. Anyways, thank you and keep up the good work ;)/>/>/>/>

Top Bottom