Commanders horn should not be changed.

+
Commanders horn should not be changed.

I feel like this card is perfect that way. If it's over powered then that would only be for gold cards that can pull it. Those should be changed instead of nerfing commanders horn which is basically just going to make people stop using it entirely. Right now it might only see play with NR and SC that have gold cards that can pull it. There's also a chance that players won't even play it like that anymore because it takes a gold and a silver to achieve value that other cards can do by themselves. No one is going to run this card by itself anymore.

Agree with partci. 20 points right now is rather high, but 15 points is clearly too low. If it's an either/or choice, I'd take the 20 points. There are legitimate row hate cards (Lacerate & Hailstorm), it's just a matter of using them.

7 x 3 is interesting, actually. you'd have to REALLY sink in to get that many units. 5 x 3 looks too weak. Odd target for a nerf, too; save maybe that CH was an auto-include with John Natalis.

The problem doesn't lie in CH, the problem lies in the cards that can pull it. There are way too many tutor cards right now. Every fuckin faction feels the same.

DannyGuy;n10374262 said:
The problem doesn't lie in CH, the problem lies in the cards that can pull it. There are way too many tutor cards right now
Slowly but surely special cards are constantly getting nerfed (tremors, commander's horn) when they aren't the problems. The problems are the cards they printed which just slap 6 points onto a well designed silver card. Honestly natalis and letho: kingslayer should be nerfed to 3 points. Commander's horn should either stay the same or be changed to boost 7 adjacent allies by 3. Because butchering a well designed card to make Natalis slightly less broken isn't a good thing.

Pruny;n10385952 said:
Yeah i hate Natalis + marching orders + sile + horn
:rage:

Marching Orders can't pull Sile

Edit: I confused it with Reinforcement, nervermind

Last edited:
I agree with +3 to 7 units on same row and doomed. Big set up for full reward.

7x3 + doomed is also an approach I'd find quite interesting!

It's actually similar to how I always wanted Iris to be, because getting 5 units on the board seems too easy these days.

You can't afford to change Commanders Horn without changing Lacerate. Why? because Lacerate is a bronze spell that does 3 damage to all cards on the same row. That means a bronze spell has more value than a silver spell... Even if you change Commanders horn to 6*3 or 7*3 it doesn't change anything. Lacerate 100% counters it and you can have 3 of them.

If you have to nerf Commander's Horn then i strongly suggest turning it into a bronze card. 15 stale points is no longer ideal for silver cards. Originally 20+ points for commanders horn was always considered worth because of the "mini quest" to get 5 members together. With control decks currently being non existent except the odd ball like Viper witcher, of course commanders horn is going to see a large amount of play. The issue isn't commanders horn.

now with tons of cards with the "create" ability the miniquest is not so hard to archive. I agree with +3*6 or +3*7

I agree that CH needed an update tbh, now with the new create units like Elven Scout or Slave Driver getting 5 units is much much easier, also +1 for bringing up Iris because she needs a reevaluation aswell.

Another thing that disrupts the CH balance is the amount of tutors added to the game with, especially with the midwinter patch, cause right now i don't think there's a deck out there that uses CH from hand.

I like the 7x3 idea HOWEVER not doomed, i don't really understand why the increase of doomed tag in the upcoming patch when not long ago they were talking about more GY interactions. I think doomed tag should be kept at a minimum, only to prevent game-breaking chains or loops or other abuses.

Maybe 4×4? That way it's a decent tactic with cards like Natalis or Kingslayer, easier to use but at the same time quite a bit less powerful than before. Seems like a nice balance to me.

I'm not really sure the logic behind a silver hitting 15 points only when you line up 5 cards for it, when there is 12-point bronze that will hit value with 3-card setup. If tutoring CH was the issue, then limit the tutoring of it somehow. Personally, I don't see myself using silver slot for such a difficult 15 points. Could just mulligan a Neophyte or something :D

Top Bottom