FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's more immersive than actually BEING your character? That's immersive. Simply watching your character do something from a camera floating above his/her head is a huge disconnection from personal interactivity. They are vastly different vibes entirely.

That's YOUR opinion. And it's valid FOR YOU. But you need to accept that for others, TPP is what provides the best immersion.

Not by a long shot, vocal minority out of a very small sample size. Rarely indicative of anything of worth in the grand scheme of things.

I've been here before. I started an anti-crossbow thread for W3 back in the day.

But that still doesn't mean people shouldn't be able to voice their opinions/concerns of course.

You can argue that an internet poll isn't valid because it's not getting a true representative sample. Internet polls in particular are subject to sample bias because they're "opt in". It's entirely possible that the people who are happy with the choice are underrepresented because they have no reason to be in the thread complaining. You can also argue that the sample size of this poll simply isn't large enough.

Those are both fair and valid points.

But there's literally no proof that the people who prefer TPP in Cyberpunk 2077 (not talking about the gaming industry in general) are the "vocal minority".

If anything the available evidence suggests that the FPP folks are the ones in the minority.

i don't like 1st person view, it is not immersive for me, the best choice would be the oportunity to choose FPV or TPV and play your adventure as you want, well, thats my opinion. Anyway congratulations cdpr for the amazing trailer and for the game i will play it for sure if i can. Maybe in pc, modders can do something with the perspective or cdpr change his decision. And sorry for my English.

For me personaly and thousands of other people.If not millions..have no issue with this title being in FPP.
I get some people's issues with motion sickness
I understand because there have been games in the past that when I first started playing kinda gave me issues..but after a few times of playing the eyes/brain just adjusts.
For some people it might not be like that.That's just my personal experience
Games like Witcher 3 ,Horizon Zero Dawn and the like work very well in 3rd person because of the combat style..swords and the like.
But a game involving gun play..it's only best played in first person
They can leave combat in FPS, but normal walking around should be in TPS. i can not play this game if its only FPS. i get sick about 10-20mins after Playing FPS

I have to be honest, a first person only is a big bummer for me. I understand CDPR had its reasoning for doing this but I still can't hide my disappointment for this choice which I must be honest kind of killed the hype for me. I prefer the TP perspective ala TW3, I feel like I have more control over the character and his actions and I feel I can admire better the graphics and customization aspect of the character with this.

If Rockstar can have both I'm sure CDPR can as well. I still hope one day they manage to put TP in the game or after release through updates.

I really want to love this game but FP kind of killed it a bit. Looking forward for more insight on this.
Now this is finally an optimistic comment. Indeed this can be changed in upcoming patches etc. Lets not force the game to be in delay even more, just because of this 1st person thing.

Guys you are making from this 1st person convo subject like is the end of the world. You haven't even seen gameplay and you jump around already. Honestly if they gonna delay the game for 3 more years because all you just did is moaning about a thing, which the developers who created the game, knows that will work wonderfully...I'm gonna hate you all lolz! Just wait for gameplay for god's sake.
I am a pro 3rd person gamer mainly, but I accept compromises if the game is done well and makes me feel great in 1st person too. AND we do know that CDPR is gonna deliver!!
Do you not understand the concept of motion sickness? obviously not

Guys you are making from this 1st person convo subject like is the end of the world. You haven't even seen gameplay and you jump around already. Honestly if they gonna delay the game for 3 more years because all you just did is moaning about a thing, which the developers who created the game, knows that will work wonderfully...I'm gonna hate you all lolz! Just wait for gameplay for god's sake.
I am a pro 3rd person gamer mainly, but I accept compromises if the game is done well and makes me feel great in 1st person too. AND we do know that CDPR is gonna deliver!!
Nobody here complains that there will be awful gameplay, people just want to see their characters... :(

Now this is finally an optimistic comment. Indeed this can be changed in upcoming patches etc. Lets not force the game to be in delay even more, just because of this 1st person thing.

It won't happen.

Just like the EA guys haven't fixed the goddamned absence of facial animations in Andromeda after release.
If TPP has to be done, it has to be done as soon as possible, before releasing.

My two cents.

Do you not understand the concept of motion sickness? obviously not
I am sorry to say this but then it's a no buy for you. Not all the people can be made happy when a game is developed. As stated before, they can add 3rd person through a later patch.

Look at how many changes been done to Witcher 3 through the patches.

The gameplay justification for FP is there. But the created character has been a big sell for 2077 and I'm not sure how much we get out of that for the occasional cutscene. I'd hope there's some kind of extensive voice customization, as well as some sort of vanity option that lets you view your character at will. They could even accomplish this with the pause menu if TP is really that difficult to implement.

Hmm - How do you know these cut scenes are only occasional? Do not forget that the dialogue is in 3th person also!

We are talking about an RPG here!. That means lots of cut scenes, and lots of dialogue. It's the "bread and butter" of RPG's! It's "only" the fighting/walking (and stealth and crawling trough "whatever they designed") that is in first person. You will see your character even more often in 3th person than you could imagine now. That's what I predict.

Just slap a camera above the character's head! Simple /s

Why do you think so many FPP games don't have working mirrors? It's really not worth the work involved. Has CDPR officially confirmed working mirrors in the open world setting? Or was it only during that specific scene where she's putting on makeup? That's different -- it'd be a small set of animations that could be controlled and hand crafted. And mirrors typically work in video games as a duplicate render of the scene entirely flipped around.

Actually, yes, they have confirmed working mirrors. They've stated that we'll be able to see our character in reflected in mirrors and, IIRC, some screens/environmental conditions (I'm guessing water).

I am sorry to say this but then it's a no buy for you. Not all the people can be made happy when a game is developed. As stated before, they can add 3rd person through a later patch.

Look at how many changes been done to Witcher 3 through the patches.
Idk looks like Rockstar and Bethesda seem to accommodate all their Fans. But CDPR had to alienate half? makes no sense to me. I thought they wanted to be more like Rockstar? seems they wanted to be more like Disney.

I have to be honest, a first person only is a big bummer for me. I understand CDPR had its reasoning for doing this but I still can't hide my disappointment for this choice which I must be honest kind of killed the hype for me. I prefer the TP perspective ala TW3, I feel like I have more control over the character and his actions and I feel I can admire better the graphics and customization aspect of the character with this.

If Rockstar can have both I'm sure CDPR can as well. I still hope one day they manage to put TP in the game or after release through updates.

I really want to love this game but FP kind of killed it a bit. Looking forward for more insight on this.

This.

Do you think we are getting a gameplay later this year?

Guest 3573786

Guys you are making from this 1st person convo subject like is the end of the world. You haven't even seen gameplay and you jump around already.

Why is this so difficult for some people to understand?:

-We know the game will be mostly in first person
-We know what first person perspective plays like
-We know what first person perspective feels like
-We've played first person games before

Honestly, I have no idea how the whole "you have to see/try it first in order to judge it" argument seems even remotely relevant here.

Idk looks like Rockstar and Bethesda seem to accommodate all their Fans. But CDPR had to alienate half? makes no sense to me. I thought they wanted to be more like Rockstar? seems they wanted to be more like Disney.
Oh come on, people, stop with hyperbole and drama already! Jeez... "half their fans"... CDPR is the new EA, we are all DOOOOMED!

@InsomniumX It's still true, though... especially FPP games can have a wildly different feel to them, so we really can't know how it will play until we see it.

You realize when rockstar added first person they did it in an entirely new version of the game? That took 2 years to develop? And Bethesda animations are half assed, it's not hard for them to add both. CDPR has a higher standard

IMHO nothing suits this kind of game better than the first person view.
Adding a third person view would mean TON of rework on every single animation, the proportions, the gunplay and fight mechanics, the interactions with every object, etc.

You can argue that an internet poll isn't valid because it's not getting a true representative sample. Internet polls in particular are subject to sample bias because they're "opt in". It's entirely possible that the people who are happy with the choice are underrepresented because they have no reason to be in the thread complaining. You can also argue that the sample size of this poll simply isn't large enough.

Those are both fair and valid points.

But there's literally no proof that the people who prefer TPP in Cyberpunk 2077 (not talking about the gaming industry in general) are the "vocal minority".

If anything the available evidence suggests that the FPP folks are the ones in the minority.

There is proof indeed. No one is baiting an eye about FPP but some people. It's a vocal minority if you think that millions want to play this game and only a couple of thousands are asking for TPP.

Hmm - How do you know these cut scenes are only occasional? Do not forget that the dialogue is in 3th person also!

We are talking about an RPG here!. That means lots of cut scenes, and lots of dialogue. It's the "bread and butter" of RPG's! It's "only" the fighting/walking (and stealth and crawling trough "whatever they designed") that is in first person. You will see your character even more often in 3th person than you could imagine now. That's what I predict.
Have you not played witcher? you can spend days without seeing a cutscene specially if your exploring. Witcher has what 14 hours of cutscenes? but 300 hours of gameplay? now implemenet that to cyberpunk. that means you would only get too see or enjoy your character customization about less than 1% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom