Homecoming stream 16.10.2018

+
You had two reminders to keep things civil, so rude posts are going to start getting deleted now. One is already gone.
Keep it civil, or don't post at all.

It's fair towards new players that will join during Homecoming. If you are a player with a lot of accumulated experience after level 100, you will easily grind your way to higher level of prestige.

Thank you I have no desire to grind so much again
And this explanation is as old as the world.
It is better to give more bonuses to new players than to reset the progress of the old ones.

Hi guys, thank you for your great work!

I also watched the live stream for Homecoming the 16.10.2018, and I feel totally excited! 😃
The new ideas you showed are really brilliant.

I have only one remaining wish for the player ` s profile or the rank list/ladder:

I would like to have some kind of (dirty war) COUNTRY FLAG to show during a match and in the ladder from which country you and your opponent come from (me from Germany 🇩🇪 for example)…
So you can see in the ladder from which countries the players come, not only Europe, Asia, etc.

Also for you guys it would be interesting to see, from where the players come from and when they are online, etc.

That is still missing, but would be so great!

Thanks a lot for your great work!!! 👌🏻 ❤️

Cheers and best regards, Bernd

rrc

Forum veteran
But now you need more experience to get 100 level than 60, how is that fair?
In addition, many players have a lot of accumulated experience points after level 100.
I think you should watch the steam again. They never mentioned that it is going to take more time to reach L60 in HC than reaching L100 in current Gwent. In fact they said that levels are progressed much faster.

About the 100+ levels, the experiences, my take is very different.. I am plenty happy that 74(ish) experience will not go wasted and I will immediately have Prestige 1 (and it's awesome perk). I would probably have been happy even if I had way more experience past L100 that at least most of my experience is not wasted.

Wow! 😃👏👏👏 The good stuff keeps on coming. And what a great sincere guy, that Jason!

Personally think that it is very important to have a good system for progression.
The hard part imho, to keep it interesting for both new and pro players. Damn, think you hit it on the head with the prestige rankings and story book features. Very impressed, can’t wait to get started.

Really want to thank all the guys for the hard work they’re putting in it. Like the way Homecoming is going so much, and this news is the big ass cherry on top!

Chapeau!!

I think you should watch the steam again. They never mentioned that it is going to take more time to reach L60 in HC than reaching L100 in current Gwent. In fact they said that levels are progressed much faster.

Eeeeeeeeeh??

My point was that now you spent more time to get level 100
But in return, you will get much less after converting (100 level =/= 60)

Eeeeeeeeeh??

If you are lvl 100 now than you are Prestige lvl 1 + lvl 40 in HC. 60+40=100. You need only 20 lvl to get Prestige level 2. It's not that bad...(I'm lvl 100 too, but I don't care about XP over lvl 100.)

If you are lvl 100 now than you are Prestige lvl 1 + lvl 40 in HC. 60+40=100. You need only 20 lvl to get Prestige level 2. It's not that bad...(I'm lvl 100 too, but I don't care about XP over lvl 100.)

Good luck to get 1 low level for your high 100 XD
One day or hour of grind against a week or even more! (not equal amount of experience points)

I am very, VERY impressed with what was seen on this stream! CDPR went above and beyond with what was shown. Even though had an initial mixed/semi-negative reaction to Homecoming during the PTR--as (let's face it) many of us did--the progression system and everything else shown during this stream showed how dedicated CDPR has been to this game.

NOW is the time to hype Gwent to friends and family, folks and, in a few days' time, show them what they are missing by playing the many lesser card games out there. I am not the least bit interested in other card games, current or forthcoming, based on what I have seen in streams or elsewhere. I am 100% behind Gwent as only, sole card game and this stream convinced me that I am correct. Well done, CDPR.

Eeeeeeeeeh??

You don't get much less, you get the same exact level as you are now, just in the new system.

And sure, you won't start at prestige 10 if you are max level now. If that was your concern. And why should you? There would be no point in this rewamp if they give you max prestige asap.

You don't get much less, you get the same exact level as you are now, just in the new system

It is not the same level, even a child can understand it.
As someone on the reddit said, level 40 way faster than you did 0 -> 100 in old gwent.

Good luck to get 1 low level for your high 100 XD
One day or hour of grind against a week or even more! (not equal amount of experience points)

Why is this so important to You? What did "LEVEL" in the current version of Gwent give You? Every 10 level: one card. That's all. You lose nothing...After LVL 100 I did not look any more to the XP bar. It meant nothing. Now we have a goal we can fight for. I don't understand your problem with this "LEVEL" thing.

Why is this so important to You? What did "LEVEL" in the current version of Gwent give You? Every 10 level: one card. That's all. You lose nothing...After LVL 100 I did not look any more to the XP bar. It meant nothing. Now we have a goal we can fight for. I don't understand your problem with this "LEVEL" thing.

Why do you keep asking me then if this is not important?
You are the initiator of the conversation and not me, I even wished you good luck
You lose small, but nice bonuses for each prestige level.

Why do you keep asking me then if this is not important?
You are the initiator of the conversation and not me, I even wished you good luck
You lose small, but nice bonuses for each prestige level.

I only wanted to hear your opinion about it...
I wish You good luck and Good Games too.
Peace (y)

Because it has potential to be something special

Thats the problem. Gwent had potenial since Closed BEta, but never really achieved it. Just try to remeber what was the best meta you had in gwent (for yourself) and see what happend since then. For me it got straight downwards, the slope wasnt that high, but continously.

@DMaster2, here some stuff to prove your point: Since when you play Gwent. I know you wont like this, because it is a poll.

But by researching this old poll i found two very interesting newer ones:
Gwent after PTR
Gwent after first Revealtrailer

A you can see, the opinion went from 50/25 (good/bad) after the trailer to 29/50 after PTR. So even the optimists changes their mind (or lost their majority)

Did I miss the part of the stream yeaterday when they spoke about gameplay? Btw, PTRs gameplay was significantly better for several reasons. Is novelty one of them? Sure. But so is planning and not solely relying on lucky draws. Even 2 bronzes cater to higher skill ceiling. There is more... Again, we'll have to wait and see but it looks much, much better than current version.

I'd rather not comment on what you did or did not see in the stream yesterday. I don't keep up to date on your daily routine. :)

Game play > graphics/UI means the graphics and UI can be as great as they can be but it's immaterial if the game play doesn't make the cut. There is no need to assign any additional meaning to the statement. Whether the game play is or is not satisfactory remains to be seen.

I'd rather not discuss the specifics of the game play here. That would be off-topic and arguably constitute animal cruelty. Let the dead horse rest in peace.

Did I miss the part of the stream yeaterday when they spoke about gameplay?
This stream focused mainly on such topics as the development and ranking sytems. There was no gameplay shown in this one, and not much reference to it. I assume that may come in the next stream.

More bells and whistles. How surprising...not.
I don't mind all the bells per se, the book thingy for example looks fun, but when "Gwent" is becoming more and more all glitter and no substance, what's the point? Maybe the game was just rushed and the upcoming expansions will really increase the substance/good gameplay factor, but i'm not holding my breath.
Whatever. It's obvious who the target audience is, and it's been thoroughly dazzled. Good job CDPR.

And on top of all the ripping off of ( sorry, i meant being inspired and influenced by :rolleyes: ) other games' mechanics and visuals, they also copied the ranked system of HS?
"Gwent" the copycat card game. This is just sad...

A you can see, the opinion went from 50/25 (good/bad) after the trailer to 29/50 after PTR. So even the optimists changes their mind (or lost their majority)

I was not an optimist but definitely annoyed by all those "nay-sayers" who already decided it from themselves just by one 5 min reveal video that showed almost nothing but the new board. Then it came the streamers who had the honor to experience HC first hand said that there were rarely any card synergies. Now we all know what HC is about from PTR.

Guys like you (and those that upvoted you) deserve EA as publishers. Then maybe you have a right to complain 24/7.

I feel like you are just trolling every post that expresses disdain towards what you like. I've learned to skip your comments but sometimes it's so outrageous that I can't overlook. There's so much wrong in that one sentence I don't even know where to start.

The complaints have been always about the game mechanics and gameplay changes. No one questions CDPR's ability to deliver a game. They have proven that to us with The Witcher 3, which is still the best RPG game to this date, and the preview of Cyberpunk 2077 that wowed many.

In fact, I am impressed by what I saw in this video. The amount of effort that CDPR put into HC to personalize the game for players is indeed commendable. The concern is that no matter how alluring and dazzling the skin is, if the fruit tastes dull and bland, there won't be many patrons left to support. From PTR, the polls, it seems exactly the case. Even if the polls had been 50/50, it would be still a problem to the fan base since 50% discontented fans may consider the departure from Gwent for good. This is not a small minority. But at the end it all comes down to CDPR. If they are fine with that, there's really nothing more I can say. After all it's their business, and all I can do is either support or not.

P.S. People have right to speak 24/7. If you don't like that, it is YOU should avoid public forums such as this.

Top Bottom