[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
People wanna enjoy something that was meant to enjoy. Game was built for exploring and replayability with multiple choices. If you enjoy playing through game's story once, hats of to you, but we have different goals, needs, dreams etc.
And what are these needs?

Really.gif

I don't think you got the idea, but ok.

Some people just like or rather need escapism, especially during a time where we're getting bombarded with constant fear-mongering where if we step outside and someone sneezes us on we will die.

Just let them play the game, and enjoy it.
--

As for them adding a DLC to add such an ending, I mean, maybe? Wouldn't bet my last eddie on it though.

What would make it enjoyable for you?

The feeling of V triumphing in the end over impossible odds. When the entire game constantly tells you "you'Re gonna die", if you see V constnatly in pain and suffering and fear, I would truly enjoy seeing her raise the middle finger to all the people that tried to use her for their own ends, all the people that gave up on her, told her death is her fate etc.

This short, fuzzy warm feeling of "yes, we did it, V" is what most people here would love to see...

And not just that - people would also love to see a V that gives up her warm fuzzy future and sells out to become a full blown corpo-assassin Adam Smasher Style! Or become a sentient AI like Alt!

Different paths for different Vs in our imaginations...that is what people want. Not just a "sugarcoated" happy ending for everyone.

The feeling of V triumphing in the end over impossible odds. When the entire game constantly tells you "you'Re gonna die", if you see V constnatly in pain and suffering and fear, I would truly enjoy seeing her raise the middle finger to all the people that tried to use her for their own ends, all the people that gave up on her, told her death is her fate etc.

This short, fuzzy warm feeling of "yes, we did it, V" is what most people here would love to see...

And not just that - people would also love to see a V that gives up her warm fuzzy future and sells out to become a full blown corpo-assassin Adam Smasher Style! Or become a sentient AI like Alt!

Different paths for different Vs in our imaginations...that is what people want. Not just a "sugarcoated" happy ending for everyone.
You want to live in a lie? In a meatgrinder city where an individual has zero value, where you are raised to be a tool, to be a working robot for the needs of some really deranged people/entities? You are out of your mind.

I don't know why people think they have any influence over a product. You eat food and you either like it or not and not gonna revolt about its saltiness, right?
Post automatically merged:

I'm already enjoying it. I'd enjoy it more with fewer bugs and one ending that doesn't result in me dying at 23.
The story tells all. You are duped and used. That is what life in Night City is like, but people are too blind to realize.

You want to live in a lie? In a meatgrinder city where an individual has zero value, where you are raised to be a tool, to be a working robot for the needs of some really deranged people/entities? You are out of your mind.

I don't know why people think they have any influence over a product. You eat food and you either like it or not and not gonna revolt about its saltiness, right?
That clearly isn't what they said. They want a chance to survive. People do survive in this city, it's stupid to assume that they don't. Rogue, for instance, is literally a 70+ year old woman, who's at the top of the game after helping land a blow against an evil corp. The only reason she dies is that she came into contact with you.

If for some instance you don't like the idea that the underdog can actually 'survive', then why would you pick up this game? It's sold on the idea that you can survive and thrive, stick it to the man. That was its selling point. To become a legend, to be rich and get out of the slums.

Some of us want to achieve what we set out to do as in Act 1. Make it big, and live.

The game really is only 100+ hours if you literally empty out the map 100%. The main story and the more important side quests are 40+ hours max. That is not a acceptable AAA $60 game. No matter what all the other shitty publishers conditioned you to believe.

For me The Witcher 3 was one of the most fair releases because just the main quest itself was almost 100 hours. With multiple actually very diffferent endings.

The main story andl ack of actualy player agency kills off any kind of replayability for the game. And replayability is literally one of the main features of an open world game.

I am doing my second playthrough which is basically gonna be mostly like my first, simply because I skipped some of the more important sidequests, thinking if I get rid of Jhonny, I can enjoy it more. But after being loaded back to a previous save by the game, I had no desire to continue leveling that character.

Instead I am going to focus on clearing all the map before even considering finishing the game.

The story tells all. You are duped and used. That is what life in Night City is like, but people are too blind to realize.

Then it's a quite the dookie of a story. It doesn't really fit the way the game and its story were marketed, nor is it really a good story for its medium. RPG which is marketed with "you can be anything" and that "your choices matter", doesn't really hold up when you get this kind of a conclusion.

No choices didn't matter, nor did it feel that you were necessarily the main character, seeing how Johnny seemed to get preferential treatment. You can enjoy it all you want, doesn't make it wrong that others didn't and want an option that would allow them to get a more preferrable ending. Most ain't even asking for a fairytale ending, just an ending that doesn't include being a soulless husk, suicide/death nor being the flesh coat for Johnny.

That clearly isn't what they said. They want a chance to survive. People do survive in this city, it's stupid to assume that they don't. Rogue, for instance, is literally a 70+ year old woman, who's at the top of the game after helping land a blow against an evil corp. The only reason she dies is that she came into contact with you.

If for some instance you don't like the idea that the underdog can actually 'survive', then why would you pick up this game? It's sold on the idea that you can survive and thrive, stick it to the man. That was its selling point. To become a legend, to be rich and get out of the slums.

Some of us want to achieve what we set out to do as in Act 1. Make it big, and live.
Well, what did Grayson say about Rogue? Hm?

Well, what did Grayson say about Rogue? Hm?
Dude, at this point I'm just going to assume you're a troll. Someone who thinks that everyone should just be happy with the lot, of dying. Good for you. I'm not interested in engaging with you after this.

Then it's a quite the dookie of a story. It doesn't really fit the way the game and its story were marketed, nor is it really a good story for its medium. RPG which is marketed with "you can be anything" and that "your choices matter", doesn't really hold up when you get this kind of a conclusion.

No choices didn't matter, nor did it feel that you were necessarily the main character, seeing how Johnny seemed to get preferential treatment. You can enjoy it all you want, doesn't make it wrong that others didn't and want an option that would allow them to get a more preferrable ending. Most ain't even asking for a fairytale ending, just an ending that doesn't include being a soulless husk, suicide/death nor being the flesh coat for Johnny.

Agreed on this point. It's not much of a choice when they're all the same. Die now, or die a tick later.

Except you are literally the number 1 merc in town near the end of the story. You clearly aren't a nobody that the City would swallow. Except, noone in the game really recognize it except for the occasional "You are the best I know, this job is only for you." V is literally a legend and isn't at the same time according to the story telling. It needs to pick a lane. We are either the best, or nobodies. And if the letter is the case, then most missions should have been a at least 2 person missions where the NPC is actually pushing forward the story and progress, and we just tag along. But that would be another can of wurms.

I don't think you get it. The game is suppose to be RPG, where player choices matter and leads to different endings, something like The Witcher 3. Yet all we get is 7 flavors of death. No post game exploration, nothing, you die, go back to previous save and try another death. if it was linear, yes, play once, then forget about it, but it isn't.

This is not a movie or a book, where writers chooses specific path for a main character and takes it. And even if this was a book or a movie, it would have a shitty ending anyways. Who would read/watch about someone who is in constant pain and suffering, trying to reach their destination but fails, what is good about that? If you want to make a story about being used or just being dark for the sake of dark, just make a movie or TV series if you like the edgyness, but let me ask you again who would watch that? What good would come from it?

A character that can't achieve it's main goal, even though the whole movie he takes the most difficult task to achieve it but at the end he just diesfails, because it's grim? That is not how good stories are written. Great stories leads to MC achieving their goal, their destiny, so you could say. It can be finding a love, saving a family, sacrificing for something greater, surviving the impossible. There are many movies and games, that have been mentioned before, that are dark but has meaningful ending for a main character. Here, all we get for trying the hardest to survive? A middle finger basically.

I don't think you get it. The game is suppose to be RPG, where player choices matter and leads to different endings, something like The Witcher 3. Yet all we get is 7 flavors of death. No post game exploration, nothing, you die, go back to previous save and try another death. if it was linear, yes, play once, then forget about it, but it isn't.

This is not a movie or a book, where writers chooses specific path for a main character and takes it. And even if this was a book or a movie, it would have a shitty ending anyways. If you want to make a story about being used or just being dark for the sake of dark, just make a movie or TV series if you like the edgyness, but let me ask you, who would watch that?

A character that can't achieve it's main goal, even though the whole movie he takes the most difficult task to achieve it but at the end he just dies, because it's grim? That is not how good stories are written. Great stories leads to MC achieving their goal, their destiny, so you could say. It can be finding a love, saving a family, sacrificing for something greater, surviving the impossible. There are many movies and games, that have been mentioned before, that are dark but has meaningful ending for a main character. Here, all we get for trying the hardest to survive? A middle finger basically.
Exactly, in a game about surviving - doesn't matter if you 100% it all and have done everything. You're not rewarded for your hard work in the current state of the game. Some people are fine with that, but for others, it's ultimately hollow. A 'why the heck did I bother then'.

This is not a movie or a book, where writers chooses specific path for a main character and takes it. And even if this was a book or a movie, it would have a shitty ending anyways. If you want to make a story about being used or just being dark for the sake of dark, just make a movie or TV series if you like the edgyness, but let me ask you, who would watch that?

A character that can't achieve it's main goal, even though the whole movie he takes the most difficult task to achieve it but at the end he just dies, because it's grim? That is not how good stories are written. Great stories leads to MC achieving their goal, their destiny, so you could say. It can be finding a love, saving a family, sacrificing for something greater, surviving the impossible. There are many movies and games, that have been mentioned before, that are dark but has meaningful ending for a main character. Here, all we get for trying the hardest to survive? A middle finger basically.

I mean it can be cool to make a grim movie with someone struggling to survive and dying in the end. But keep it for 1h30 movies, not for immersive RPG where you want your choices to matter.

Interactivity is key here. If all roads lead to death or sacrifices, well, thanks but it's not what I'm looking for.
Getting a terminal illness is sad, thanks for the memo.

Not sure how can anyone defend this game endings.

Even when they feel like "good endings", you can still smell the middle finger around : you either leave everyone behind, or come back with 6 months to live (which is even less than the first release date in april vs the actual release of the game).

Exactly, in a game about surviving - doesn't matter if you 100% it all and have done everything. You're not rewarded for your hard work in the current state of the game. Some people are fine with that, but for others, it's ultimately hollow. A 'why the heck did I bother then'.

That's biggest issue I have with this game. I HATE wasted effort, doing something only to realize that I did it for nothing, that I wasted my time doing it when it didn't make any difference whatsoever.

I'd rather go back and sink another several hundred hours into Skyrim, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, The Witcher 3, etc. than to even think about playing this game a second time for even an hour at this point.

Right now this game has no replayability for me. Unless they address this issue with DLC, there will never be any. I waited 8 freaking years for this game, that hurts. A LOT.

Top Bottom