[TW1][tool] Save game editor

+
I have been trying to change my Vitality and Endurance with this but every time I go back into the game it reverts the changes back to what they were. My character is in the Prologue and I'm trying to double the Vitality from 60 to 120 and Endurance from 25 to 50. I have tried adding items to my character and those stay on my character so it isn't an issue with Windows locking my save games.PS. I'm using FCR and I like the combat changes but I die too quickly (even on easy) so I need to be able to survive and also signs are taking too much of my Endurance.EDIT: Never mind I found out what was resetting the Vitality and Endurance and how to increase them. The witcher_atr_abl.lua file within FCR is what was resetting my Vitality and Endurance and I just needed to change the numbers in there rather to increase them.

guenthar said:
I have been trying to change my Vitality and Endurance with this but every time I go back into the game it reverts the changes back to what they were. My character is in the Prologue and I'm trying to double the Vitality from 60 to 120 and Endurance from 25 to 50. I have tried adding items to my character and those stay on my character so it isn't an issue with Windows locking my save games.PS. I'm using FCR and I like the combat changes but I die too quickly (even on easy) so I need to be able to survive and also signs are taking too much of my Endurance.EDIT: Never mind I found out what was resetting the Vitality and Endurance and how to increase them. The witcher_atr_abl.lua file within FCR is what was resetting my Vitality and Endurance and I just needed to change the numbers in there rather to increase them.
i'm having much the same issue but i cannot find witcher_atr_abl.lua anywhere on my comp im running win vista home premium sp2 32-bit and the enhanced edtion ver. 1.5 ill keep lookin but i can't seem to find it anywhere on my computer

go to your The Witcher folder and go to Data\z_FCR\lua and you should find the file and you can open it with notepad.)EX. for me it is D:\Games\The Witcher Enhanced Edition\Data\z_FCR\lua)

Even without running any mods, if you alter your hp/end it resets once you go in game. I wonder if theres another file that needs to be edited if were not using FCR.

So I am trying to fix my messed up save file, I have tried multiple versions of java from 1.6 on, and I am not having any luck at all. My shortcut looks like this, however I don't think this is the problem C:\Windows\System32\javaw.exe -Xmx256m -DTW.install.path="C:\Program Files\The Witcher Enhanced Edition" -jar "C:\Program Files\The Witcher Enhanced Edition\TWEditor.jar"

When I try to launch the editor though I get this.

Exception while initializing application window

java.lang.NullPointerException After this comes a large chunk of lines with (unknown source) at the end. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Oh, and Im using windows 7 32 bit and currently running the latest JRE

I'm trying to edit this save file with the TWEditorEnhanced, but after making changes, saving and starting Witcher 2, none of the changes I've made happen...

Long story short: I finished Witcher 1, messed up with my hard drive and now I want to start Witcher 2 with raven's armor and aerondight silver sword.

So Witcher 2 (which is updated to 2.0) loads the W1 save game just fine, but with moonblade silver sword even though I have removed it from the equipment and replaced it with areondight with the editor...

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

iledius said:
I'm trying to edit this save file with the TWEditorEnhanced, but after making changes, saving and starting Witcher 2, none of the changes I've made happen...

Long story short: I finished Witcher 1, messed up with my hard drive and now I want to start Witcher 2 with raven's armor and aerondight silver sword.

So Witcher 2 (which is updated to 2.0) loads the W1 save game just fine, but with moonblade silver sword even though I have removed it from the equipment and replaced it with areondight with the editor...

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Which version of Raven`s armor . I have 6 saved games from W1 and most with Aerondight .

Tommy said:
Which version of Raven`s armor . I have 6 saved games from W1 and most with Aerondight .

I had the neutral version. I also did not kill Adda, so if you have saved game with the items mentioned and Adda alive, I'd very much appreciate it.

Thanks for replying :)

iledius said:
I had the neutral version. I also did not kill Adda, so if you have saved game with the items mentioned and Adda alive, I'd very much appreciate it.

Thanks for replying :)

I have a saved game with Raven's armor and Aerondight here: http://www.mediafire.com/?vel4avt5x1nk12e

Corylea said:
I have a saved game with Raven's armor and Aerondight here: http://www.mediafire.com/?vel4avt5x1nk12e

Thank you, but it appears that that save is for the Scoia'tael path and since (afaik) choosing between order, scoia'tael or neutral path is one of the few choices that actually get carried to W2, I'd like to have a save with the neutral path chosen (because that's what I chose in W1).

Also... a solution to my TWEditor problem would do... :D

There's been some call for this recently, but people have been having trouble finding it, so bumping it to the front page.

This editor is no longer available from ScripterRon's page. I'm not sure why he took it down, but it sure was useful, so I'm uploading it here.

I didn't write this; I'm merely re-uploading it -- all credit is due to ScripterRon.

This is for The Witcher; don't try to use it with The Witcher 2.

(Remember that you have to be logged in to see attachments.)

if anyone could help. I have this thing unzipped but i cant get errors to stop. im running win7 x64 with the latest java. any help would be a blessing

Lidelse said:
if anyone could help. I have this thing unzipped but i cant get errors to stop. im running win7 x64 with the latest java. any help would be a blessing
Can you be more specific with the errors you`re getting ?

Just to note for those who want to run this editor on Linux, if it's useful for anyone - you can't just use Linux Java, since the editor relies on some weird Windows exec calls. You need to install Windows build of Java under Wine, and run the editor through it.

Top Bottom