CDPRed INTERVIEWS AND MEDIA about CYBERPUNK

+
The only mech i can recall in CP2020 are the AA Troopers in the Firestorm books.
Like the Arasaka LM-1

Never played with'em thought.

There's anothers here:
http://cyberpunk.asia/veh_acpa.php?lng=fr

If i recon correctly, they're used by military forces, stuff like that (or maybe for construction), i don't know how they would end in the streets (unless criminality became so badass that even AV are useless.)
Orbital Air have some, so it could be used for space maintenance aswell.

Were there mechs in 2020 that walked around the city?

The short answer is no.

The long answer is that there were no 'mechs', but there were some walkers in the form of small tanks on short, stumpy legs. There were also some robots. As Malcom mentioned, there were some Powered Armour suits too. None of these were bugger than a van, (at best,) and they were all high end military equipment. As such, they didn't many appearances in the cities, (unless the GM was particularly sadistic, a psychopath or just weak willed enough to allow players to get access to the stuff.)

Mike Pondsmith wrote a very good explanation about why that sort of Mecha just is not practical. The most important point was that the amount of pressure exerted by each of the walkers feet would be so great that it would sink into the ground with each step. Even high density reinforced concrete would not be able to support the weight.

http://www.nowgamer.com/ps4/ps4-pre...ue_mix_of_nextgen_hightech_ and_lowlife.html
Fragment of an article that will be available in Play magazine issue 237.

Okay, so 2077 will be more low-tech than 2020 in many ways.

Interview said:
Not only that, but a flood of lethal computer viruses has meant people can no longer communicate over the net. In many ways, the tech of 2077 is less advanced than that of 2020, and this is a key to maintaining the cyberpunk feel according to Monnier.

I've tried to find and download this magazine but I can't find any link... Maybe someone from UK can buy this magazine and write something about it on forum?

NEW INFORMATION!!!

And you know what, I'm very happy. Very happy indeed. I love the idea that tech will have both progressed and regressed. It's perfect.

http://www.nowgamer.com/ps4/ps4-pre...ique_mix_of_nextgen_hightech_and_lowlife.html
Fragment of an article that will be available in Play magazine issue 237.

“The world of Cyberpunk is so gritty, mature and deadly – it really fits the sort of games we make here at CD Projekt RED."

"They were asking me questions about stuff and the background history of Cyberpunk 2020," explains Pondsmith, "which showed they genuinely knew their stuff and were not just slapping a label on it, which happened with some of the larger companies we had talked to. They have the capability, they have the money, they have the team and they have the desire to do the real thing, as opposed to something that just has our name on it."

"The biggest battle we are having is we have to regress the technology enough to where we wouldn’t find a natural process of technological development," says Pondsmith, "where you are walking around with jet packs and flying cars and winged helmets. Lucky for us, we had a Corporate War that damn near destroyed most of the planet."

Not only that, but a flood of lethal computer viruses has meant people can no longer communicate over the net. In many ways, the tech of 2077 is less advanced than that of 2020, and this is a key to maintaining the cyberpunk feel according to Monnier.

"To keep the feeling of cyberpunk, you kinda have to keep things broken just enough. You have to keep the technology curve down to where it’s still people, interacting on a personal level."

Sounds good to me.

"a flood of lethal computer viruses has meant people can no longer communicate over the net"
So...no netrunners?

Damn, screenshots? Yes PLEASE. I'm dying to see what this game looks like. Also:

"To keep the feeling of cyberpunk, you kinda have to keep things broken just enough. You have to keep the technology curve down to where it’s still people, interacting on a personal level."

This right here shows they not only understand the genre, but the gameplay and story potential that comes from this kind of setting.

Damn, screenshots? Yes PLEASE. I'm dying to see what this game looks like. Also:

Just to pre-empt this, sorry guys, but don't post or link to screenshots/scans from printed magazines.

Not that any of you were planning to do so, of course.

UNLESS you are the content provider of course. Say, the publisher.

Perhaps I own several magazines. And a newspaper.

What? You don't know.

UNLESS you are the content provider of course. Say, the publisher.

Perhaps I own several magazines. And a newspaper.

What? You don't know.

Yes, dear.
In that case, would you please publish this on your website so that we can all get to see it?

God, no. I wouldn't trust you people with a wet hamster, never mind actual details about me.

God, no. I wouldn't trust you people with a wet hamster, never mind actual details about me.

I don't even want to know what you do with a wet hamster that makes such a comment pop into your head as a reply.

Top Bottom