CD Projekt RED and GOG.com Special Event: 18 October 2012 at 18:00 GMT

+
CD Projekt RED and GOG.com Special Event: 18 October 2012 at 18:00 GMT

CD Projekt RED and GOG.com Special Event takes places this Thursday (18 October) at 18:00 GMT. The conference will be streamed online at facebook.com/thewitcher and www.gog.com so be sure to tune in to watch our live broadcast. During the event CD Projekt RED will announce the official name of their futuristic new IP, based on the classic pen paper RPG Cyberpunk. More exclusive details about the project will be shown.
Not only console and PC users should tune in for the conference. Mac Computer users should be prepared for a bunch of thrilling announcements including more information about the upcoming release of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings for OS X.
Speaking of new operating systems, GOG.com will also be announcing that it is bringing the best PC games from throughout history to a new operating system. Thats not all of the news that GOG.com has planned for the Special Event, however: they will also be showcasing several new releases as well as giving gamers a unique chance to get some of the greatest classic games ever made for a literally unbeatable price.
Remember the live stream from the CD Projekt RED and GOG.com Special Event starts October 18th, 18:00 (GMT). See you then!

ok do name reveal of cyberpunk is exciting indeed! I also hoping for something about TW3 even if very little (and not something we already know, like "hey TW3 is officially in production!") :p ok that is not announced but no need to tell us you see. As for cyberpunk hoping for some more artwork atleast since a teaser or trailer I guess is too much to ask at this point...

I hope to see more concept art for Cyberpunk. I'm damn curious about the artistic direction the game will take.

I hope it strafes away from status quo in vision and art style compared to Deus Ex: HR and similar concepts.

wisielec said:
I hope it strafes away from status quo in vision and art style compared to Deus Ex: HR and similar concepts.

Hard to do, but TW2 admirably created a unique artistic vision for fantasy games. I'm hoping they can do the same for sci-fi.

Please, think about adding Linux support! Steam is doing this, why not GOG? And if adding Mac OS X support is possible, why not Linux? I don't see any difference. Same dosbox, same wine (which was actually developed for Linux in the first place). And if you're scared by the number of different Linux distributions, just offer support for Ubuntu, like Steam is doing. Other distributions will adjust by themselves, it's not a problem.

wisielec said:
Considering the art direction in Deus Ex is phenomenal, music is amazing, atmosphere thick and the feel of the game is great, I'd say HR have set a high standard regarding sci-fi's, at least when it comes down to presentation. I wouldn't mind to see Cyberpunk adopt a similar style. Or blend some of those elements with their own. Not saying I demand everything to look like DEHR nor that I want to.

Though since we're talking about Red here, I'm pretty sure they're gonna go for a hybrid. Put their own spin on established tropes. If they do opt to go all out creative and create their own style then great. Usually however, that's asking a little too much but we'll see. I'm eagerly anticipating more news and especially concept art.

DEHR is more sci fi than Cyberpunk. They said they'd include the Night City that looks like Bladerunner so no need to worry about it being the same as DEHR

I really want a contrast between 3rd world and 1st world different cultures and countries.

FoggyFishburne said:
Considering the art direction in Deus Ex is phenomenal, music is amazing, atmosphere thick and the feel of the game is great, I'd say HR have set a high standard regarding sci-fi's, at least when it comes down to presentation. I wouldn't mind to see Cyberpunk adopt a similar style. Or blend some of those elements with their own. Not saying I demand everything to look like DEHR nor that I want to.

Though since we're talking about Red here, I'm pretty sure they're gonna go for a hybrid. Put their own spin on established tropes. If they do opt to go all out creative and create their own style then great. Usually however, that's asking a little too much but we'll see. I'm eagerly anticipating more news and especially concept art.
Thats my gripe with DEHR. Its nice and all, but the locations are too empty, design too predictable, chara/fashion hardly fresh if you know Shirow and other manga (old and new) artists. Geometrical - triangles and diamonds - textures/structures were cool though. But the colour palette was too monotneus to my tastes, locations were too similar. Cyberpunk is the Melting Pot, merging, morphing, the change is constant if I may say so.
What I miss is the Hi-Lo tech accents, the overwhelming info stream and everpresent pulse of the city. A metropoly that never sleeps.

Making anything "in similar style" to DX:HR would be spitting in the face of everything the artists did to achieve their look. Others should pick up on their philosophy to create original visual identity, not do anything else. DX:HR look works for DX:HR because it was carefully designed for it, there is meaning behind the style. Using that style on anything else would be nothing short of amateurish.

That said, Cyberpunk concept art seemed to be going in a more 80s-inspired direction (just look at that tacky blue leopard print jacket...)

FoggyFishburne said:

it's a shame they ruined it with the ridiculous anatomical proportions. i've looked at the concept art, absolutely wonderful. then someone decided the in-game version needed to be stretched out garbage.

seamusgod said:
it's a shame they ruined it with the ridiculous anatomical proportions. i've looked at the concept art, absolutely wonderful. then someone decided the in-game version needed to be stretched out garbage.
Yeah, that was fucking awful. My theory is that Square-Enix forced anime-like proportions on the game, I don't see how any sane art director would allow that stupidity on their own volition.

The anime-fication happened to the new Lara Croft, too, if my theory needs more support :p

Top Bottom