The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - The Enhanced Edition Update Pre-download starts today!

+
LordLethris said:
First off, I'm personally no bothered by the huge donwload (I have special unlimited, uncapped off peek privages, and it only took 40min to download on my fiber optic line). And for the record I'm not trying to Troll, but...

...can someone from CDPR post a full list of enhancements please?

I have searched High and Low on this website and I cannot find any where the full list of "Enhanced Edition" improvements, other than this quote posted EVERYWHERE

I speek for the rest of the UK, as not everyone has access to the type of internet deals a "small" number of us have got.

10gb is a HUGE chunk of bandwidth for most people here in the uk. Even with seemingly "unlimited bandwidth" they will be "capped" under the "fair usage" policy for sure!

People need to know if this 10gb download is worth it, because for the extra 35min of video and only 4 extra hrs of game play, its not looking very appatizing, considering when most other game mods that give you 4 extra hrs are less than 150mb!! AND even with extra speech files, can be less than 1gb.

Again, I'd like to point out Im not trolling, its just that almost everyone I have spoken to here in the UK have said how rediculously large this "enhancement" is, and is it worth going over there 3gb bandwidth allowance?
How about being thankful to the company that is generous enough to let you download a pre-patch before the actual release? It might also be helpful to get some patience as well.

skidpro said:
I dont why you say NO DISC is required to play the game as I applied the v2.1 patch and launcer appears after4 clicking desktop icon and it ask for a disc in D:\ drive sayng no disc in drive! It has to have the disc to run...?

That happened to me a few times as well. I just ignored the warning and the game started anyway :p

yes thank you CDPR for this opportunity of predownloading the files. only few days to go.
download is pretty fast, like they said on the spring conference they got some new hardware installed which makes it so fast.

GOOD LUCK WITH 360 LUNCH GUYS!

Razzak18 said:
So this is not for Steam versions?

No, we'll get it on 17th, the same day as everyone else gets the missing section and can start to use it. As someone with a slow download, I'd have liked to get it earlier, but on the other hand there have been so many issues with Steam TW2 patches that "keep it simple" is probably a good idea.

For some reason it shows that It`s downloading 20 gb, not 10. Main files and English voices are selected only. What is wrong?

steelboned said:
For some reason it shows that It`s downloading 20 gb, not 10. Main files and English voices are selected only. What is wrong?

I had this happen too, so I stopped early on and restarted. It showed up as 10 the second time.

This is just great. A developer taking such good care of its fans is a rarity these days. Hats off!!!!!
Please however modify your downloading program to allow downloads behind a proxy. I'll really appreciate it!!!!!

hi there...I bought the version with bonus dvd and soundtrack with italian language and i have updated with the launcher to 2.1...then i started the predownload of the enhanced version ...i will play in italian so for me this update is unnecessary?..i mean, in the predownloading installation italian language is missing so to see the new cinematics and other new content i have to play in english?
thank you

I'd say just download the audio in the languages that are automatically ticked when you start the downloader. In italian you will use the subtitles anyways. And if you check the Community section of this forum you will find an italian subforum, if you're interested. :)

btw, took me lil more than a hour to dl the patch.

Babik said:
Is possible to pause download? (I have slow connection and notebook at school....)

(Google Translator)

There are 30+ files (parts), each 300MB. You can not pause, but each part will be saved if you download it. If you download the entire part, then you can cancel and resume from the next.

Hate that steam users are unable, might cause me to have to play the game on a later date. I think they should have included that when they announced the pre-download on the forum. But still, it is nothing compared to the joy this expansion (I choose to call it that) will bring me. Thanks CD Project!

I just want to make sure I have it downloaded properly, because it finished downloading at night, when I wasnt at the PC. And when I try to start it again, it doesn´t start.

So if I have both EN and PL voiceovers, should I have 42 files in total? 4 for each voicovers and TW2EE_Patch 2-35?

give the guy who was talking about the crap uk isp's a wee break lads, im on an 'up to 20meg' line and heres a screenshot of the downloader
note my woeful speed.

thanks for the EE update and thanks for the pre-downloader.

I'm not looking forward to downloading it on launch day, I've got a download speed of 12.5MBps, which at full speed should only take about 13 minutes, but considering that there's going to be several tens of thousands of people at least, trying to download the game at the same time, I'm betting I'll be rocking 200KB/s :(

LordLethris said:
First off, I'm personally no bothered by the huge donwload (I have special unlimited, uncapped off peek privages, and it only took 40min to download on my fiber optic line). And for the record I'm not trying to Troll, but...

...can someone from CDPR post a full list of enhancements please?

I have searched High and Low on this website and I cannot find any where the full list of "Enhanced Edition" improvements, other than this quote posted EVERYWHERE

I speek for the rest of the UK, as not everyone has access to the type of internet deals a "small" number of us have got.

10gb is a HUGE chunk of bandwidth for most people here in the uk. Even with seemingly "unlimited bandwidth" they will be "capped" under the "fair usage" policy for sure!

People need to know if this 10gb download is worth it, because for the extra 35min of video and only 4 extra hrs of game play, its not looking very appatizing, considering when most other game mods that give you 4 extra hrs are less than 150mb!! AND even with extra speech files, can be less than 1gb.

Again, I'd like to point out Im not trolling, its just that almost everyone I have spoken to here in the UK have said how rediculously large this "enhancement" is, and is it worth going over there 3gb bandwidth allowance?
I'm sure if they could've kept the file size down they would have, but the graphics in this game are pretty awesome after all. It's not just four hours of extra game play in the same areas, there's new characters, new areas, etc.

The change list is roughly thirty posts back on the news feed at the home page. Here's part one, and part two.

Babli said:
I just want to make sure I have it downloaded properly, because it finished downloading at night, when I wasnt at the PC. And when I try to start it again, it doesn´t start.

So if I have both EN and PL voiceovers, should I have 42 files in total? 4 for each voicovers and TW2EE_Patch 2-35?

Yes, I've got the same content in my folder.

Epic! Thanks CDProject! I have been replaying the first Witcher in my spare time so that I can get into number 2 when the EE arrived. Downloading now, my internet here in South Africa is EXTREMELY slow so I hope it doesn't take more than a day. It usually runs faster but downloading from international sites always takes forever lol.

Top Bottom