The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - The Enhanced Edition Update Pre-download starts today!

+
A random question, which versions of TW2 will this patch? Any, or do you need to bring it up to v2.1 first?

I'm just wondering for future reinstalls, and with bad memories of Relic games such as Company of Heroes which had you install a long chain of patches to get current. It would be great to minimise the amount of steps. I made a tech support thread with my ideal being updated base setup files to just go straight to EE, which would also reduce the need to archive 10GB of setup + 10GB of patch, but being able to go from v1.0 -> EE would be a good second best.

skidpro said:
I dont why you say NO DISC is required to play the game as I applied the v2.1 patch and launcer appears after4 clicking desktop icon and it ask for a disc in D:\ drive sayng no disc in drive! It has to have the disc to run...?

I restarted PC and booted up the PC this morning, I tried relaunching the game v2.1 and it launched without CD inserted in D drive...now its updating to the EE files pre downloader:)

Cancelled the PC pre-order:)

Thanks CD PROJEKT!!!

Do I have to download the entire patch in one go or can I exit it and switch off my PC and continue it later? Thanks!

!!! What th'..You are the only game company doing this, I'm absolutely floored by this! Thank you CDPR!!!

BTW, It's well worth it to download the extra gig of the Russian language pack, I do wish I could bypass the North American Language pack though...

mikbhoy said:
give the guy who was talking about the crap uk isp's a wee break lads, im on an 'up to 20meg' line and heres a screenshot of the downloader
note my woeful speed.

thanks for the EE update and thanks for the pre-downloader.

I'm going to be on a slightly lower speed on 17th when I get to download it, the preload not being available to me. Based on past experience, I'm expecting it to take a minimum of 12 hours to download, which in practical terms means that I'll get to start playing it around a day later than the majority of the game's customers. I'm not the only one - the same will apply to a lot of people who are on Steam but don't have fast download speeds, to retail customers in rural areas in many countries who have bought retail because they have crap internet speeds and may need to travel some distance to get a decent connection, to those who simply aren't aware that this pre-load is available. There are also plenty of people in the world (countries like South Africa spring to mind) who have ridiculously low monthly caps, and who will definitely be having problems with downloads of this size.

Like you, this doesn't affect my gratitude to CDPR for providing the EE update. And THAT is why the earlier poster doesn't speak for you, or anyone else in the UK or anywhere else.

Woaaa! so many posts in a few hours! :) I'm gonna try to answer to a few of them.

@Skidpro
I'm glad you finally managed to download it :)

@GoG users
No GOG patch still

-Regarding the italian lagnguage pack:

You just need english and italian, you don't need to download the others, unless you're interested to have the polish voiceovers, for example or others.

-Regarding pausing and resuming the download:
Apparently you can. Same for GoG users. EDIT: thanks to Geralt The Riv for the info.

-Steam users
This patch IS NOT for steam! this already been answered a billion of times. Plz, browse the thread before asking once more.
Steam users will have their patch in their steam account. And yes, it'll be the same size.

-Proxy
No proxy, sorry.

-which versions of TW2 will this patch
It should be patch 2.2. But it's not cumulative, meaning that if you have version 0, you can directly patch your game from 0->EE
Hope that one of the Devs can confirm this, btw.

@steelborn
Plz, don't argue here. It's not the appropriate place.

For other questions, please, please: browse back the thread! all the answers you need are already here!

Oh great lol, I have to leave my PC on for 3 days to download the patch. It is going at 38kb/s constantly because I am from South Africa. Most downloads go at 500 kb/s here when I download from Steam or other sites. Is this patch available anywhere else? I really would prefer not to leave my PC on for 3 days.

secondchildren said:
-Regarding pausing and resuming the download:

Don't interrupt the downloader work. If you don't have to the time, download in another moment.
On the other hand, GoG users can pause Gog downloader is they want and resume later.
WARNING: it works from GOG USERS ONLY!

-Steam users
This patch IS NOT for steam! this already been answered a billion of times. Plz, browse the thread before asking once more.
Steam users will have their patch in their steam account. And yes, it'll be the same size.

-Proxy
No proxy, sorry.

-which versions of TW2 will this patch
It should be patch 2.2. But it's not cumulative, meaning that if you have version 0, you can directly patch your game from 0->EE
Hope that one of the Devs can confirm this, btw.

For other questions, please, please: browse back the thread! all the answers you need are already here!

You are incorrect! You can pause or even stop the downloader all together. No issues!!! All you have to do is go back the main screen on this site and hit the EE downloader again , it takes a whole minute or so but it just picks up where it left off!!! That will work for one and all!!

Oh well... thanks for the abuse of esclamations marks

Srsly: it didin't work for me. I initially launched CDP downloader, paused it and the processed aborted. Anyway, thanks for pointing this.

EDIT: post above corrected. Thanks to Geralt The Riv

So you can download through GOG downloader too? Is it exactly the same patch? Meaning does the GOG version of the game need a patch available exclusively through GOG or is the patch universal?

secondchildren said:
Oh well... thanks for the abuse of esclamations marks

Srsly: it didin't work for me. I initially launched CDP downloader, paused it and the processed aborted. Anyway, thanks for pointing this.

EDIT: post above corrected. Thanks to Geralt The Riv

No thank you.
and Yes I love !!!!!!

the reason I know it works is I have stopped and re-stared 3 times now as I use my phone for my main internet connection these days. When I leave the house I take my phone with me. Upon return I do as stated above.

steelbom said:
I haven't?

She probably meant me, and I'm just in a foul mood today, so I'll stop now :)

steelbom said:
Oh great lol, I have to leave my PC on for 3 days to download the patch. It is going at 38kb/s constantly because I am from South Africa. Most downloads go at 500 kb/s here when I download from Steam or other sites. Is this patch available anywhere else? I really would prefer not to leave my PC on for 3 days.

If you normally get better speeds than this, it may be worth just waiting for a while. I typically get similar download speeds at GoG as at Steam, so if you wait until it's available at GoG it may be faster. They're probably overloaded here today.

yayodeanno said:
So you can download through GOG downloader too? Is it exactly the same patch? Meaning does the GOG version of the game need a patch available exclusively through GOG or is the patch universal?
Same same :)
I can confirm coz I'm downloading right now, in this very moment.

Thanks to my crappy internet connection today!

yayodeanno said:
I haven't?

yayodeanno said:
She probably meant me, and I'm just in a foul mood today, so I'll stop now :)
Neither of you actually, probably I've used an unappropriate term. Better say:

Do not debate this here

couple of quick questions, i just looked in the folder where the EE files are dl'ing to and it starts with TW2EE_Patch-2.bin, is this correct? shouldnt it start with TW2EE_Patch-1.bin? or is number 1 the one that will complete it on release day?

mikbhoy said:
couple of quick questions, i just looked in the folder where the EE files are dl'ing to and it starts with TW2EE_Patch-2.bin, is this correct? shouldnt it start with TW2EE_Patch-1.bin? or is number 1 the one that will complete it on release day?
This question in answered in first post of the thread, and in many others later.

You can't install the patch now. The bin file are not installable. You have to wait until April 17th, download the last part (10 Mb) and the launch exe to install.

secondchildren said:
This question in answered in first post of the thread, and in many others later.

You can't install the patch now. The bin file are not installable. You have to wait until April 17th, download the last part (10 Mb) and the launch exe to install.

yes i know it cant be installed just now i was just asking if it was correct that it starts at 2 instead of 1 in case i had made some mistake during the download.

Top Bottom