The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - The Enhanced Edition Update Pre-download starts today!

+
secondchildren said:
This question in answered in first post of the thread, and in many others later.

You can't install the patch now. The bin file are not installable. You have to wait until April 17th, download the last part (10 Mb) and the launch exe to install.

not quite right about the 10 mb part, you'd have to download the last 300 mb part

secondchildren said:
If you use predownload on the release date you will need to download just 300MB

mikbhoy said:
yes i know it cant be installed just now i was just asking if it was correct that it starts at 2 instead of 1 in case i had made some mistake during the download.
You can't mistake anything. The downloader made the work for you and the downloader is supposed to work correctly (pretty much) :)

not quite right about the 10 mb part, you'd have to download the last 300 mb part
Oh thanks sorry seems I mixed up the old predownload with this new one. thanks a lot.

ok let me rephrase my question - is it correct that the EE download starts with TW2EE_Patch2.bin?

i apologise if this seems like a stupid question but it should be simple to answer with a quick look in your download folder. im only asking because i want this dl to go smoothly so i can play as soon as its available.

mikbhoy said:
ok let me rephrase my question - is it correct that the EE download starts with TW2EE_Patch2.bin?

i apologise if this seems like a stupid question but it should be simple to answer with a quick look in your download folder. im only asking because i want this dl to go smoothly so i can play as soon as its available.

Yes, it starts with TW2.
When you get the last part on the 17th It will be TW1 which will then launch an installer and then you can install the whole patch/update/enhanced edition!

it is gonna be so sweet!

GeraltTheRiv said:
Yes, it starts with TW2.
When you get the last part on the 17th It will be TW1 which will then launch an installer and then you can install the whole patch/update/enhanced edition!

it is gonna be so sweet!

thank you very much, see how simple that was secondchildren :p

GeraltTheRiv said:
Yes, it starts with TW2.

You mean TW2EE_Patch1.bin, as TW1 is Witcher 1

and for me it also starts with TW2EE_Patch2.bin, so I guess the last part is TW2EE_Patch1.bin with the executable installer

Daywalker30 said:
You mean TW2EE_Patch1.bin, as TW1 is Witcher 1

and for me it also starts with TW2EE_Patch2.bin, so I guess the last part is TW2EE_Patch1.bin with the executable installer

Exactly !!

reading through the comments..i see lot of happy faces, CD Project you made us happy high as f***! :) thank you :)

razorflea said:
do i have to pick my folder where witcher 2 is installed ? to download the patch in ?

It would be best not to download to the folder where TW2 is installed. Make a folder under your Documents or Downloads folder, or on a portable drive (I used a portable drive). The only requirement is that you use the same folder throughout, because the downloader remembers which folder you use.

GuyN said:
It would be best not to download to the folder where TW2 is installed. Make a folder under your Documents or Downloads folder, or on a portable drive (I used a portable drive). The only requirement is that you use the same folder throughout, because the downloader remembers which folder you use.
thanks for the reply i wasn't sure what to do thanks man

How do you resume the update? When I try to resume it just starts downloading the whole patch again.

Guys I have important (well important for me I guess :)) question. My internet connection is limited to 24 GB per month, which means the 10 GB patch is something I can´t really afford. However I am able to download it on a different computer. Now, two questions: Is it possible? I mean, will it work if I just copy it into my Witcher 2 folder? Second question: Do I need to install the Witcher 2 on the machine I will use to download the patch? (It´s not a problen, but if it isn´t necessary it would save me time)

Greetings from Slovakia, and sorry for spam :/.

GuyN said:

Too late! I downloaded to The Witcher 2 dir and it created a folder called downloads and put all the 10GB bin files in there, now is that going to be a problem?

When I get to the 17th and start the update will it not install to correct directory now as I put the pre download files in folder called downloads in the Witcher 2 dir? it appeared to make sense at the time to keep the files in the same place?

Do I delete the folder and its contents a redownload it all again to a completely separate folder? I dont see what the problem is where I downloaded it?

let me know Thanks

Akiyoshi said:
Guys I have important (well important for me I guess :)) question. My internet connection is limited to 24 GB per month, which means the 10 GB patch is something I can´t really afford. However I am able to download it on a different computer. Now, two questions: Is it possible? I mean, will it work if I just copy it into my Witcher 2 folder? Second question: Do I need to install the Witcher 2 on the machine I will use to download the patch? (It´s not a problen, but if it isn´t necessary it would save me time)

Greetings from Slovakia, and sorry for spam :/.

To use the predownloader you need to have the game installed on the computer your are downloading to.
But the regular patch that gets released on the 17th, you can download and save to any computer. No need to have witcher 2 installed when downloading that one on the 17th.

skidpro said:
Too late! I downloaded to The Witcher 2 dir and it created a folder called downloads and put all the 10GB bin files in there, now is that going to be a problem?

it shouldn't be a problem, but it would be best to move the downloaded files to another drive/partition, as you would need 10 gb again for the extracted files from the installation (the game is ~ 13gb + 10 gb from pre-load patch + 10gb extracted files from the patch = ~ 33 gb free hdd space. The normal size of Enhaced Edition would be ~ 23 gb)

skidpro said:
Do I delete the folder and its contents a redownload it all again to a completely separate folder? I dont see what the problem is where I downloaded it?

let me know Thanks

You wont have any problems. Where you put it should be important just so it know where to put the last part needed on the 17th. after that they said we can move/backup it like any normal patch.

dinek83 said:
To start downloading patch you'll need to have game installed before, but after once download whole patch you can archive it without any problems :)

I had no idea Fidel Castro worked for CDPR, now I know why he stepped down from Cuba's government :p

Top Bottom