(Poll) What's your contructive opinion on Ciri's design?

+

• It's perfect! (Leave it as it is)

Votes: 168 32.7%
  • It's great! ( some minor tweaks could be made)

Votes: 226 44.1%
  • It's Okay. ( Would like some adjustment)

Votes: 91 17.7%
  • It's bad. (Needs some major changes)

Votes: 21 4.1%
  • It's terrible! (needs to be completely redesigned)

Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters

Some one suggested in the thread about the characters that someone could make a poll, and i though that was a good idea. So here it is.

Personally, i do this because i'm a fan of the character and i care about her design so i want everyone to be completely honest on this poll.

Mind you, this thread isn't about complaining about what you didn't like, but about giving constructive criticism to anyone at CDPR that might be watching this thread.

That isn't to say that CDPR should listen to every little demand in this thread (like that obsessive fanboy who is making this poll :p) since then the designers would be changing their designs every 5 seconds, but simply to check and consider the overall opinion of the fans on this board.

As for myself my opinion is that while at first i wasn't the biggest fan of her design. I am really starting to like it.

First of all, I'm really liking the long, slender elf like "shape" of Ciri. it really shows that she has some elven blood.

Also like her clothing, from her belt , to her knife to her world weary clothes. Really shows that shes gone through some adventures this past several years. I've also grown accustomed to her face and now i think its okay. (would need to see a longer take and see her scar to give a better opinion.) although its still seems abit too Triss-like.

The other nitpick is that i feel like her hair should be atleast a bit longer. Since i feel like her hair is a bit too similar to Geralt.

It's too early to think something, we even hadn't see a scar.

For 20-year girl she seems to look fine. I'd say that her hair looks more white than ashy in trailer (but probably it's just a trick of the eye under this lighting). And her eyes doesn't look very big - but girl is grown up, she shouldn't look exactly like she looks in the books

Are we looking at the same Ciri? I would not have called the woman in the trailer long, slender, and elf-shaped. She is tall and powerfully built. The Ciri of the books is wiry and not tall; mature, she would be no taller than Ves or Shani, and lighter in her build.

I like her hair, and what little we get to see of her face, though.

Not here to debate opinions, but to me she does look thin and slender. maybe is best described as wiry like the book since that means thin yet strong i do think she has long legs and arms like the elves.

as for tall, we dont have anyone to compare her to, to know exactly how tall she has grown.

Last edited:
Haven't seen enough to form a real opinion of how she looks. :(

Edit: Just my own thing, but I would have really preferred seeing her with her hair down. Probably much easier for the team with her hair up though.

I know fans are enthusiastic, but we have literally seen her face, that too only a part, for less than a second. I think we should show CDP our support and let them pursue their artistic vision for the game. Maybe she doesn't look exactly like how she's been described in the books, but don't you think CDP are already aware of that? Some aspects wouldn't really carry over that well to a visual medium, like Yennefer having violet eyes or Geralt being a real albino.

To be 100% clear, I dont really want them to be tinkering with all the work that has been done. I have a feel the team doesnt exactly have LOTS of time to redo Yennefer, Ciri, etc...
Having said that :p IF they do it, this is what I had envisioned from the novels... Basically bigger, dreamy eyes, and a big nose. :p
Some examples:
View attachment 3715
View attachment 3714

Attachments

• zireael_by_love_squad-d31tqbi.jpg
    zireael_by_love_squad-d31tqbi.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 690
  • maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 118
Keeping my constructive criticism simple:

- Her hair shouldn't be completely gray (as in pretty much the same color as Geralt's hair color)
- I can't remember specifically who said this or when it was said, but Ciri has been described in the books as someone who has a juvenile look and would probably look that way even when she hits her 20s or 30s. Here, however, Ciri kinda reminds me of a (of course, younger) Wynne, from Dragon Age: Origins.

I love everything else, but those things above are really bugging me.

Last edited:
Keeping my constructive criticism simple:

- Her hair shouldn't be completely gray (as in pretty much the same color as Geralt's hair color)
- I can't remember specifically who said this or when it was said, but Ciri has been described in the books as someone who has a juvenile look and would probably look that way even when she hits her 20s or 30s. Here, however, Ciri kinda reminds me of a (of course, younger) Wynne, from Dragon Age: Origins..
Her hair turns grey by the end of the books, but again the devs don't necessarily have to follow the books.
Secondly, she did not look juvenile in the books, she was juvenile. I'd expect her to look like a grown woman now.

Last edited:
The ONLY problem i have with Ciri in the trailer is no boob physics. I mean i'm no pervert but at least when she's running so fast at least the chest clothes (not necessarry boob) moves alittle. But it doesn't.

Her hair turns grey by the end of the books, but again that the devs don't necessarily have to follow the books.
Secondly, she did not look juvenile in the books, she was juvenile. I'd expect her to look like a grown woman now.
Oh, her hair actually gets gray? Hmm, my bad then. Didn't remember that.
But about looking juvenile, not only she was juvenile but she was described as having that look in her face and probably keeping it for many, many years to come. So at least here I'm pretty sure of what I'm saying.

I voted that some minor tweaks could be made, but I am not really sure what should those be. First of all, I loved the clothing, it was spot on. Second thing that came to mind was her body. It felt really out of place at start, but then it actually grew on me, and now makes perfect sense to me, since Ciri won't be the Ciri we knew from the books. It is very clear that she is a full grown woman, so the body suits her I guess. Her face at start felt a bit too rough for me, but now I am not so sure. I imagined her having more subtle face features, more like a princess I guess, but I can't say I do not like CDPR's version. Still we haven't seen much of her face, as stated before. The hair colour is amazing. Some people say it is gray but I think it is as it should be. It might seem gray because of the lighting as well. The length I can not judge because her hair is tied up. I think it should be a bit longer than shoulder length though, not quite sure.

seeing her as a grown woman surprised me.

You shouldn't be, after all, several years have passed, it's normal for her to grow up.

Besides, we don't know what she's been through all this time, she could have had a hard time, which may bring a more mature look to her.

At least as per the books' ending, it looks like she could have a "normal" life, but who knows. :)

Her face and figure is great. Only thing- just hairstyle. I`d like to see her with untied or ponytail style hairstyle.

Her body is way to shapely for my taste (it's attractive of cause, but that's not what Ciri's design should be about). She's described as boyishly and small - this body looks more like the idealized 90-60-90. And yes, I know she's grown up since the books, but it hasn't been that much time and she was in her late teens already when the series finished. A girl that's described as boyishly at the age of 16-17 (I think that's where the books roughly ended?) wouldn't change to a 90-60-90 later on without plastic surgery.

She might be looking more attractive this way, but I think she's got to be much more slender, meaning she's gotta lose some of her tits and ass. There're more than enough women pleasing to the eye that we can afford one that doesn't fit our beau ideal imo.

Top Bottom