(Poll) What's your contructive opinion on Ciri's design?

+

(Poll) What's your contructive opinion on Ciri's design?

• It's perfect! (Leave it as it is)

Votes: 168 32.7%
  • It's great! ( some minor tweaks could be made)

Votes: 226 44.1%
  • It's Okay. ( Would like some adjustment)

Votes: 91 17.7%
  • It's bad. (Needs some major changes)

Votes: 21 4.1%
  • It's terrible! (needs to be completely redesigned)

Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters
Do I have to start every single sentence in a post with "to me" or "imo"? It should be very obvious that the whole post is based on my subjective opinion. ;)

Anyway, back to topic?!

Starting the statement with imo wouldn't change anything. None of us are Sapkowski and should not presume we are qulified to say who Sapkowski should or should not name as an official artist for his works. Anyway, as you said, this is going off-topic.

It's sad that we just had a very short look on her in the trailer.
It would be interesting to see more of her.

Do you think we will get some more scenes with Ciri until release? Or maybe poster, wallpapers, etc?

Do you think we will get some more scenes with Ciri until release? Or maybe poster, wallpapers, etc?
Hm, tbh I hope not.

I would like to have some surprises left to the game. Showing too much upfront takes away from the magic of gaming and exploring imo. I mean what do you want to see from her that you haven't already seen? Her scar? I prefer looking forward to playing the game and finding out for myself. :)

Hm, tbh I hope not.

I would like to have some surprises left to the game. Showing too much upfront takes away from the magic of gaming and exploring imo. I mean what do you want to see from her that you haven't already seen? Her scar? I prefer looking forward to playing the game and finding out for myself. :)

I prefer to fix the problems before the game release and before millions of people see it

I prefer to fix the problems before the game release and before millions of people see it

We can call out problems as we see them, but that does not entitle us to become reviewers. The developers are more qualified to determine whether the problems we bring up are such as need fixing.

Things like details of Ciri's or Yennefer's appearance, whether Geralt can use crossbows or fight underwater, or how many swords you can carry in your portable armory, are not high on my list of potential problems. I'm more concerned about whether any of the major relationships and decisions in the game could end up downgraded from themes to plot points.

And yes, I agree with @LordCrash, too much detail about the appearance of major characters counts as really bad spoilers, not as exposing potential problems for corrective advice.

Agree. Could you elaborate or link to a previous post if possible?

I'd prefer to suggest reading the Yennefer vs. Triss threads that have been around ever since it became apparent that Yennefer was going to figure in TW3. You'll find opinions ranging from approximately "Yennefer is the only woman for Geralt; his relationship with Triss contradicts the Lore" to "it's my free choice" and various remarks about Triss having bewitched Geralt, or Yennefer and Triss going at each other like the Kilkenny cats.

If there is to be a decision, it's not reducible to a lore question or a game decision or a plot conflict. It's a deep question of what it means for Geralt to love another person. What motivates Geralt has to be exposed in order for the player to make the decision, and the consequences should be heartbreaking.

Hopefully not.
I'd prefer not to see too much of her before the release of the game~

But if they decide to do any major changes to Ciri's appearance based on the forum feedback,
maybe another short glance at her ( not showing the scarred side of her face of course ) would be ok.

Because the feedback of this community might have prevented a brown-hair Yennefer,
it might also prevent other design flaws the devs forget about when it comes to Ciri.

On the topic of Ciri's appearance:

Seeing how every fanart has her scar in a different place, I'd prefer if CDPR goes with Vysogota's description.
In it the scar goes from below the eye socket toward the ear~

When has Ciri talk to you about possible Yennefer's hair changes? When? Where? How?

I think you misunderstood what I wrote, wichat~

But don't worry: Yennefer's hair color will be fixed.

I have seen devs read the Yennefer thread, which means they care for feedback.
After all, they just want to make the best possible game they can.

Have faith in CDPR. They won't defy Yennefer's hair.
Nothing defies Yennefer's hair. She uses anti-defiance conditioner on it.

I think you misunderstood what I wrote, wichat~

But don't worry: Yennefer's hair color will be fixed.

I have seen devs read the Yennefer thread, which means they care for feedback.
After all, they just want to make the best possible game they can.

Have faith in CDPR. They won't defy Yennefer's hair.
Nothing defies Yennefer's hair. She uses anti-defiance conditioner on it.

No, I didn't ... but my faith is stronger than any other reallity and I cannot imagine the horrible possibility that CDPR could ignore our opinions about Yen's hair ;)

But if they decide to do any major changes to Ciri's appearance based on the forum feedback,
maybe another short glance at her ( not showing the scarred side of her face of course ) would be ok.

Oh please, Ciri is already perfect.
I hope if they ever change something, let there be no disappointment from those already liking her.

Ciri was described as kinda "tomboyish" in the books,
however she was gone for the bigger part of her natural "development period", so I expect her to look like an athletically built, slim woman.
The few elven traits shoudl be visible,
her trademark eyes are important
Her hair is supposed to be ashen blonde (meaning a greyish shade of blonde),
(seen with the glimpse I feel CDPR did a good job on this)
what's more important than the looks however is her behaviour. She is a strong character in the books, impulsive, defiant, tends to be arrogant and weak in some ways - I hope her character has not changed too much during her time away...

I really don't know how Ciri should look like... it's a new character being introduce physically into the games so i'll refrain myself from stating an opinion on her design.

That's what I said...
Ciri looks too soft(she is a witcher) -period-
Sorceress are meant to be soft(not witchers) with makeup and magic cosmetics -period-
Ciri is not a sorceress, she is a witcher, so she should look more rough/tomboy

Lee con más atención, jaja!

I think they nailed the design of Ciri, she's beautiful and feminine, yet retaining some traits of her witcher past.
The only one thing that should be improved: hair color. Hair need to be ashen blonde, not straight grey/silver as we have seen so far.

-Make haircolour to stand out more different than with Geralt. So you can tell apart the ashen haired girl and white haired witcher. Now I dont see much difference between Ciris hair and Geralts.

- Books described Ciri to have almost abnormally large baby eyes. She seemded to have smaller eyes than triss in the trailer, but I could be wrong of course.

-Slimmer body build. CD Project, I know it is hard to you but you dont have to emphasize so much poor Ciris butt and boobies to make her look attractive. She can be beautiful without curvy body, just like it was largely hinted in the books

Otherwise good work.

Top Bottom