Recent News - A Moderator Message

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sad, to go through that much trouble over a video game.

I know! Imagine if they'd done it for a book or a movie, the Coca Cola Recipe or the Secret Fortress Plans. Much more valuable.

What it really is, is an attack on someone's work - many someones. Years of work. A chunk of their lifetime spent creating a story, a piece of art, that the hacker is now attempting to compromise the experience of.

Much of the truth of interactive entertainment depends on the sharing between artist and audience. Something like this leak is worse than mere vandalism - it is trying to permanently destroy your experience of the author's work, as the author(s) intended for you to experience it.

Not to mention a clear case of stealing someone else's ideas and giving them away without their permission.

Not worth a firing squad or anything so silly, but still, pretty low.

That's absolutely terrible.

I think CDPR should restrict or Freeze new membership on the forums for a while.(maybe even till release)You never know a troll could join just to post a leak and some poor merfolk could stumble upon it before a mod does.

Desperate times need desperate measures.Could be the best way to ensure the safety of the forums.

Pretty sad, to go through that much trouble over a video game.

A team of over 200 fucking talented artists, writers, programmers and managers worked on this game for almost five years.

Yes its worth getting angry over and its an urgent situation.A lot is on the line here.This about ruining a team's potential magnum opus.It IS important.

Last edited:
Yes, guy, this kind of leak should be persecuted on industrial espionage charges, and a hacker should get a jail time. This kind of info was never meant for our eyes at all. It is an internal property of CDPR, and game industry is not different from any other industry.
Those of you who is thinking about downloading - don't. A lot can be learned about the game, but to read spreadsheets is nothing in comparison to actually playing it, and discovering things in the game.

Last edited:

I think CDPR should restrict or Freeze new membership on the forums for a while.(maybe even till release)You never know a troll could join just to post a leak and some poor merfolk could stumble upon it before a mod does.

Unfortunately, that's a long time, and would stop a lot of genuine fans from joining. I think everyone will just need to be diligent for a while, and we definitely will be.

I'll jump on the thank-you wagon as well, as I appreciate all the measures taken by the mods to minimize damages. :hatsoff:
A shame this happened, though let us hope it won't affect CDPR in the long run.

Desperate times need desperate measures.Could be the best way to ensure the safety of the forums.

A team of over 200 fucking talented artists, writers, programmers and managers worked on this game for almost five years.

Yes its worth getting angry over and its an urgent situation.A lot is on the line here.This about ruining a team's potential magnum opus.It IS important.

Yes, it is worth being angry enough to do something. But preventing membership and free and orderly discussion on this forum is not any constructive thing to do; it will not redress any harm done, it will give this forum and the company a reputation for lashing out against people who had nothing to do with this; in short, it would destroy more good will than any other action CDPR could even think of taking.

Some sites already started to post some of the leaked material. Is there no law against this kind of thing? I mean this stuff intended only for internal use was outright stolen, and now it is being made public. WTF? :mean:

Some sites already started to post some of the leaked material. Is there no law against this kind of thing? I mean this stuff intended only for internal use was outright stolen, and now it is being made public. WTF?

I think we'll let CDPR worry about the legal stuff for now. But this is the internet, The Streisand Effect rules.

Whether you can prosecute depends on what laws or agreements the leaker broke. We don't really know who he is, or how he worked, and I'm not sure it would be a good idea to speculate about that on the forum. But protecting trade secrets is a burden that falls entirely on the owner of the secrets. To sound like Captain Redundancy for a moment, you have to keep them secret, and you don't have much recourse if you don't do so.

This is a situation where the good will CDPR enjoys is very much in their favor. Not many have been willing to dignify this leak by republishing any of the leaked material, and others have been cooperating with CDPR by removing the material when it appears. Sending in the dudes in the three-piece law suits probably would not yield a better result.

I just fucking hope its not going to be mAss Effect 3 all over again. Bioware had their story leaked too and I'm pretty sure they rushed and CHANGED the proper plot and ending to what we have ingame. Well, lookit how that worked for them.

That is the opposite to anti-DRM state. No ties nor restrictions for users, we are all majors in order to be responsable and consequent with our freedom.

Just please CD Projekt RED DO NOT change a thing of the plot.

Do not ruin or rush the story because of the leak. I had enough with Mass Effect 3 ending which was rewrited in order to avoid the original leaked plot. That would harm all the people and fans just because the one who leaked the stuff.

I mean, do not do the same as Bioware did. Just leave the plot exactly as you planned it originally. I am sure it is perfect.

Last edited:
Just please CD Projekt RED DO NOT change a thing of the plot.

Do not ruin or rush the story because of the leak. I had enough with Mass Effect 3 ending which was rewrited in order to avoid the original leaked plot.
Do not harm all the people and fans just because the one who leaked the stuff.

Do not do the same as Bioware did. Just leave the plot exactly as you planned it originally. I am sure it is perfect.

Actually if you finished the Witcher 1&2 already know(guess)how's gonna story end anyways, what's left to you is choose your side or not.
Here's quick sum,you know war is coming and Yennefer coming too and which king Geralt gonna favour..will shape the outcome.
So completely agree that at this point any change is unnecessary and may break natural flow of story.

All right, another reminder as posts have been deleted. As stated before - any single post hinting, commenting or otherwise referring to the leaked material in any shape or form will be deleted.

Users are asked to remember about one of the principal forum rules - to not spoil the fun for others. Please respect users of this forum and developers themselves.

Last edited:
Can anyone at least ask if vampires or werewolves are in? Dont see how knowing that is a bad thing

Werewolves are obviously in.

(not an actual spoiler, just saving screen space)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom