Predicted witcher 3 system specs? Can I run it .

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this game runs well on my AMD card. Just got R9 290 not long ago. Probably gonna wait when DX12 maturize before getting an NVidia card.

If a high end 880/880 ti launch before Witcher 3 I'll upgrade if only because my 290x has a ton of coil whine. If not i'm sure the 290x will run it fine.

Hopefully Nvidia releases GTX 880 Ti before TW3 comes out. I mean GTX 780 Ti was released about 6 months after GTX 780. So if they release 880 next month, Ti might come like February/March.

Well after building the latest computer back in April . I wanted to wait til later but the old one died so didn`t have a choice . Anyway I picked up 2 770`s for about $50 less than one 780 Ti so there`s always that to consider as well . Can`t say for witcher 3 yet but witcher 2 all maxed with Uber on and 60+ FPS is no problem at 1980 x 1020 .

I was under the impression the GTX 880 with the new maxwell tech would be on par, if not better than the 780ti. Am I wrong?

About 14% on straight performance, if rumors are validated. Because the 880 will be lower powered, maybe 35% on performance per watt.

Integrator overclocking, coolers, or special deals may make the difference. All four cards are competitive.

The big maxwell is not gonna come until a year after 880 will arrive. And probably a Ti version, only if AMD launches something powerful than 880.

The big maxwell is not gonna come until a year after 880 will arrive. And probably a Ti version, only if AMD launches something powerful than 880.

Something to remember about nVidia is, they don't really much care what AMD is doing. AMD isn't a big player in nVidia's core market, which isn't gaming, it's commercial and professional virtual reality. Their high-end products go into appliances and render farms. Gamers get the sidestream from these products.

If CDPR can optimize it properly, there should be no need for a 780 or 780ti at all.
The only thing that worries me with my 780 is the VRAM. 3GB was too few for Watch_Dogs in ultra and it looks like TW3 has alot more and better textures.

Actually, if CDPR optimizes it properly, a 780 or 780Ti should still be good for a long ton of extra eye candy. Optimizing should not be understood as limiting what the game can do, but as allowing whatever hardware you can afford to throw at it to give you the best possible experience.

In the early days of Vista, a customer called in his field service rep and complained that Vista was using too much of his memory. The field service rep opened his computer, took out a stick of RAM, laid it on the desk and said, "There. Now that memory isn't being used."

The point being, optimization isn't about limiting resource usage or limiting performance to meet an artificial resource budget. It's about making the best use of all the resources available.

Last edited:
Nvidia will release 8800 series soon, and I think it will be suitable for The Witcher 3, by the way, my old card 7950 with Vram 3G is good for now, that I can adjust options in game later, the most important is that my pc can run it by loading in game first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom