Reviewing the full 35 minute Gamescom 2014 demo

+
It would be cool if some of the NPCs reacted to the Huge head of the monster on saddle. Especially some kids getting scared or a passing knight lauding Geralt
Wow choices and a lot of choices as a player we need to keep log of the actions and choices and the scale of the world is just massive.
Great work so far CD Project Red ! :D

and whats with these Gesse they are not afraid of a Horse, they should be scurrying around getting out of the way.

Last edited:
As with all Gerald's choices they have a repercussion - who will protect the village when Geralt moves on as he won't stay after killing the witches. So yet another moral conundrum you could kill the the nasty witches that protect most of the village as a necessary evil. This would open door for all the nasty monsters to lay waste to the town, did you hear that monster noise when Geralt came into town even he didn't want to look at it. The lesser loss of life option would be to leave the old hags let them have the odd child and some ears. :D

As I said the "evil power" probably was the legitimate guardian of the area, and the crones are the reason for everything bad currently happening. Still they jacked with Ciri, so Geralt is probably going to end up killing them for one reason, or another.

As I said the "evil power" probably was the legitimate guardian of the area, and the crones are the reason for everything bad currently happening. Still they jacked with Ciri, so Geralt is probably going to end up killing them for one reason, or another.
You're assuming that the quest will have black and white morality in the world of The Witcher? I got to tell you, you're pretty naive. Most likely the tree spirit is vengeful, whether it's imprisoned for legitimate reasons or not, and is more likely to wreck havoc after being released than be interested in protecting people who served the witches. The witches extol a high price from their followers, but offer legitimate protection to them. If you kill them, the village will probably be destroyed the next time you visit.

But you can save the orphans at least. Not saying there's a clear right and wrong here though. I suspect you'll basically choose between having the orphans killed or having the village destroyed and its inhabitants killed.

You're assuming that the quest will have black and white morality in the world of The Witcher? I got to tell you, you're pretty naive. Most likely the tree spirit is vengeful, whether it's imprisoned for legitimate reasons or not, and is more likely to wreck havoc after being released than be interested in protecting people who served the witches. The witches extol a high price from their followers, but offer legitimate protection to them. If you kill them, the village will probably be destroyed the next time you visit.

A lot of them did in Witcher 2 like the succubus, and bridge troll quest in chapter one. There was a clear immoral choice to make, and a right choice to make. As for this situation you can clearly see the fucking dismembered arm of the recently murdered child in its apron. Yeah killing them is the right choice, and while the tree spirit seemed shifty as hell it really didn't strike me as something that would go out of its way to hurt anybody still... when I play the game I am probably going to end up killing both the hags, and the tree spirit unless it can back up its claims. As for whether the village survives, or not well they got my card.

Last edited:
I get the feeling the ealdorman is complicit in the disappearance of the villagers. I also feel it's him Geralt beheads in the e3 trailer. Slightly different model but they look kinda similar.

Looks downright glorious.
But... I didn't really like the last part in the Whispering Hillock. the way to get there is too simple and straight forward and the interiors looks kinda uninspired.
Then when the player decide to kill the spirit it says "And against you will rise all powers of nature" and then some Endergas spawn. very underwhelming.
Other than that I hope that the dialogues in the full game are more deep than what we saw in the demo. But man. the ending was fantastic, finally a glimpse of Ciri in gameplay, actually that entire scene with the witches was awesome, dat cliffhanger tho.

Agreed. I would love if they left the names/descriptions only for characters you can interact with but ditched all those unnecessary, "ordinary" ones. Of course, you would be able to interact with random NPCs so they drop a line or two - like in TW2 - but text over everyone's head just bloats the screen without adding too much value.

That would be nice, maybe even good for allocating game(engine) resources

Other things I've noticed:
- Giant tree on the hill is actually on the south part of the map (lower then the swamps) - which is cool, considering the swamps looked like the last southern region to explore.
- goose and sheeps have the same tag marker as NPCs on the minimap - annoying and unreadable

Seriously, my only review can be "AOSUHDOIHWIOLJDOIJDHOSDHOIFJD WANT NOW GIVE THROW MONEY".

You know, besides that ... I'm excited. Mildly.

As for bugs, dudes, the game is more than half a year away. It'll all be fine ^_^

EDIT:
Also? Forgive the "English only speaker" here, but I was inordinately happy to learn how to pronounce Dijkstra. I know that I should have taken bigger things away from this gameplay trailer, but I really do feel somewhat enlightened :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom