The Trail

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edit:
No one cares and yet people keep complaining on this topic. Everyone calls it a fail marketing campaign yet knowing nothing about it. How about wait until the end before jumping to conclusion ?
When the trailer comes out everyone will forget this week even happend.

Last edited:
If it's just media sharing campaign and random words connected to Yennefer - too bad. If it's a puzzle for Us to solve - I'm in.
Betrayal
Aedirn
Jam
Ice
Sodden
Glamour
Obsidian
Unicorn
Blindness
Quadroon
Belleteyn
Star
I was thinking that maybe there is some pattern here, that we don't see yet (like read the first letters from top to bottom etc.). Some of the words are not so important like Jam and Unicorn so why did they use it - maybe just to fit to the puzzle.

If it's just media sharing campaign and random words connected to Yennefer - too bad. If it's a puzzle for Us to solve - I'm in.
Betrayal
Aedirn
Jam
Ice
Sodden
Glamour
Obsidian
Unicorn
Blindness
Quadroon
Belleteyn
Star
I was thinking that maybe there is some pattern here, that we don't see yet (like read the first letters from top to bottom etc.). Some of the words are not so important like Jam and Unicorn so why did they use it - maybe just to fit to the puzzle.

BAJISGOUBQB

I've found it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAJISGOUBQB :)

How about place them by chronology and remove unimportant words?
I've also noticed there are 10 light sources in the forrest (11 with glowing skull)

Last edited:
Some of the words are not so important like Jam and Unicorn so why did they use it - maybe just to fit to the puzzle.
Those two words are just as important as the other ones when it comes to Yennefer.

Jam=
"Geralt, his curiosity piqued, led his mare to the corner of the alley. Before he had the time to locate the origin of the screams, he heard a crash of glass join the chorus of cries. A jar of cherry jam, he thought. That is the sound of a jar of cherry jam thrown by someone from a great height or with great force. He perfectly remembered Yennefer, during their time together, throwing in anger the jars like it that she received from her customers. Yennefer was ignorant of all the secrets of making jams: her magic in this area was still desperately incomplete."-The Eternal Fire

Unicorn=
She also had a magnificent stuffed unicorn, upon whose back she liked to make love. Geralt was of the opinion that the only place even less suited for lovemaking would be the back of a live unicorn. In contrast to the witcher, who considered a bed a luxury and valued all possible applications such a wonderful piece of furniture offered, Yennefer was wildly inventive. Geralt recalled pleasant moments spent with the sorceress on the slope of a roof, in the hollow of a dead tree, on the balcony, and those of others, the railing of a bridge, a canoe, rocking unsteadily on a rushing stream and lastly while levitating thirty fathoms above the ground. But worst of all was the unicorn. One happy day, however, the thing collapsed beneath them. It ripped open and broke into pieces, causing the pair to burst into wild laughter.-A Shard of Ice

Last edited:
I'm more interested in the 3 words on the official page rather than the ones in the source.

They may refer to some numbers: Quadroon = 4, Belleteyn = May Day = 5, star = 5 ? They are also placed as a diagonal of a matrix, not in a horizontal line, so I think this must be some kind of puzzle, not just random words.

Ok, questions:
Betrayal, Aedirn, Jam, Ice, Sodden, Glamour were the ones from the comments in the page source code, right?
While the other six were from the bottom of the page that could be viewed by selecting the text, right?

That is correct,although that changes nothing IMO.Now it's just easier to look at them.All of the words that were shown this way have the same pattern on the page:Up,middle,Down.

Betrayal
Aedirn
Jam
Ice
Sodden
Glamour
Obsidian
Unicorn
Blindness
Quadroon
Belleteyn
Star
Sodden was in the top "layer" IIRC.I'll contribute to this idea with my own lunacy:
BSOQ
AIUB
JGBS
SOBQ a BAIU in the SGBJ - Sock a Bayou in the...ah fuck it.I very much doubt that in the end they'll form anything else then idividual words.It's to complex to form a puzzle out of these words especially since they are quite obviously not random.

Follow the trail, discover the secret.

There is a board game "Disover the secrets" with matrix-like board.
Eh too many questions.:facepalm:

The words are breadcrumbs wich create the trail we should follow. But where is it going to lead us?

Last edited:
Bigos? I made a Bigos like meal for the contest lol hahaha .

But seriously, I don't know what to make with this information. We can get somewhere or this is only a twisted joke?

Sooo, what is at the end of the trail then, a bow of bigos? :troll:
Maybe it's a trailer that shows Geralt sitting by the fire and sharing bigos with Yen. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom