more then 200 hours of gameplay!

+
Aye, 200 hours sounds pretty good to me. Plus some, if I'll be staring at the god-rays and the awesome atmosphere of the forests... lol

If Skyrim is anything to go by then 200 hours doesn't at all sound exaggerated to me. My combined game time in that game is well above 600 hours by now and I only completed it twice and still I am learning new stuff. But it all pretty much boils down to what kind of player you are I guess, some people rushes through the main quest and don't pay attention to what is said and so skip dialogues, any exploration of any kind, avoid all things happening that is not main quest related and so on. I cannot remember but I believe I read Skyrim have been done in 4 or 5 hours like that. I doubt that can be done with the Witcher 3.

If you are like me however, that explorers absolutely everything, take upon any side quests, stop to admire the scenery several times, easily get distracted (by a ruin, dungeon, village in the distance, a forest, etc), talks to almost any NPCs, immerse yourself in every situation, investigate before deciding on a quest and so on I very much doubt 200 hours is anyway near the upper limit. With these kind of games I am never in any rush to finish it - not even on the first playthrough.

And regarding the PR statement that there is 50 hour main storyline and 50 hours sidequest I think as Damien says that it is a understatement, just as with the understatement that The Witcher 3 is 35 times bigger than The Witcher 2, when the real number is actually much higher. If he can spent 200 hours on it even when knowing the game through and through I think 100 hours isn't a overstatement.

But we'll all be much clever in Marts next year.

Last edited:
200 h is too much if we compare to skyrim that has 1/2 more time and 80% of it is dungeon full of draugr
So i'm worried that there are only random quest (filler) that gets boring
Wut? What download speed do you have? 100h is quite a lot per playthrough.
Well,
best scenario:
Imagine someone who plays 18 hours each day (other 1 hr to eat and other 5 hrs to sleep), then that means he will finish the game in 5.5 days
If the witcher use 80 GB of your hard dis k(considering that tw2 on steam use 16 gb and a damn next gen basketball game use 25 gb on ps4), this means that his download speed is 14,4 GB a day, so (using decimal scale) is 14400 MB, then it's 600 mb in an hour, or 10 mb a minute, or 10000 kb a minute, about 166 kb a second

worst scenario
If we imagine someone who plays 8 hours each day, then that means he will finish the game in 12.5 days (if we consider dragonbird is referring to the ones who are fanatic gamers)
If the witcher uses 20gb of your hard disk
Means he has download speed of 1,6 GB a day, or 1600mb a day, 66 mb an hour, then about 1.1mb a minute,or 1100 kb a minute or 17.5 kb a second

Last edited:
Imagine someone who plays 16 hours each day (other 1 hr to eat and other 7 hrs to sleep)

Oh man, this is so going to be me, I can't fucking wait... :comeatmebro:

[size=-2](I fixed your hours there because your maths was wrong :p )[/size]

Last edited:
@Vigilance man up. Three hours of sleep are more than enough when you're driven, and you can eat pizzas with one hand while reading IG books. Bam, 21 hours of play through the day.

Don't compromise. Be efficient.

Three hours? Bah, I could do it for awhile but considering it's a singleplayer game, it just ain't worth it.

I used to do it for WoW Expansions, because you can play that practically blindfolded. But I get the feeling I'm going to want the brain working relatively well for The Witcher 3 just to take in all the story, characters and ensuring I don't make any completely stupid decisions at pivotal moments.
One hour less sleep and who knows, next thing I know I'll be romancing Triss and have no idea how it happened when I actually wanted to romance Yennefer ;)

Oh man, this is so going to be me, I can't fucking wait... :comeatmebro:

[size=-2](I fixed your hours there because your maths was wrong :p )[/size]

What? 26-18= 8
Unless you count earth time, but who uses that as reference anyway...

200 h is too much if we compare to skyrim that has 1/2 more time and 80% of it is dungeon full of draugr
So i'm worried that there are only random quest (filler) that gets boring

Well,
best scenario:
If the witcher use 80 GB of your hard dis k(considering that tw2 on steam use 16 gb and a damn next gen basketball game use 25 gb on ps4)
Games are becoming bigger because all the new consoles have bluray and developers don't bother compressing anything. TW3 will probably not be over 50GB and will probably be under that on PC. Remember, a double layer bluray can only hold 50GB. If the game was going to ship on 2 discs on console they would have said by now.

Why would anyone sleep twice a day? Also one picture says 2 hours but shows 3 hours Why would you spread that out. It'll send your biological clock haywire. Besides, who can fall asleep instantaniously and time it one hour (without an alarm) Takes at least 5 minutes to 30 minutes to fall asleep.

Why would anyone sleep twice a day? Also one picture says 2 hours but shows 3 hours Why would you spread that out. It'll send your biological clock haywire. Besides, who can fall asleep instantaniously and time it one hour (without an alarm) Takes at least 5 minutes to 30 minutes to fall asleep.

You should google it, one dude lived on Uberman for a year and he was perfectly healthy.

You should google it, one dude lived on Uberman for a year and he was perfectly healthy.

I like to be well rested. I think it all depends on each person individually.

Back on topic: I don't think 200 hours is unrealistic at all. 50 hours for the story, 3 different endings and 50 hours side quest makes for 200.

Last edited:
http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/304064/Speedrun+of+The+Witcher+3+takes+devs+about+25+hours/

Just how expansive The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will really is, is something that's currently occupying the minds quite a few fans of the Polish-developed RPG saga. The developers promise content for 100 hours or more, if you want to experience everything in addition to doing the main story. The story alone will provide approximately 50 hours substance under normal playing speed. A developer from CD Projekt Red revealed to Gamereactor that even the fastest of the internal testers have used about 25 hours to complete the story, if they take the best route, always click away all dialogs fast and correct to get a real decent test speedrun going. Naturally these testers know the game inside and out. Guess it is quite safe to say there is no need to worry about lack of content in this one.

I thought this was the best place. I'm not sure it's really interview/article style "news." Just an interesting fact.

Top Bottom