Movies / TV Shows!

+
Just finished watching An American Werewolf in Lindon for the first time. Kinda disoriented now. I don't know if I liked it or not.
I love that movie. It has such a good atmosphere, especially the opening part in the pub and on the moors. The dream sequences are also pretty brilliant. '80s special effects are the shit.

Jenny Agutter hmmmmm.
Can I just have one more moondance...

I love that movie. It has such a good atmosphere, especially the opening part in the pub and on the moors. The dream sequences are also pretty brilliant. '80s special effects are the shit.

Yeah, I definitely liked the atmopsphere in that part of the movie. However, I found the "werewolf action" pretty badly done, maybe because there wasn't much budget. But the scenes where David assaults people are really awful, I mean, it's mostly just a blink when the wolf's face is thrown at your face. Jumpscares, basically.
Overall, I guess I liked the movie, but I don't love it. I prefer The Wolfman, to be honest.

You're comparing two movies that are 30 years apart. The first one is a comedy, the second one a gothic horror. And CGI didn't exist in 1981. Also, An American Werewolf in London is considered a classic while The Wolfman is mostly remembered for being a tribute to the 1941 Lon Chaney movie. Have you seen Dog Soldiers (2002), btw?

You're comparing two movies that are 30 years apart. The first one is a comedy, the second one a gothic horror. And CGI didn't exist in 1981. Also, An American Werewolf in London is considered a classic while The Wolfman is mostly remembered for being a tribute to the 1941 Lon Chaney movie. Have you seen Dog Soldiers (2002), btw?

Nope, haven't seen Dog Soldiers yet. Never heard of it actually, is it about werewolves too?

P.S: if you want to speak with me, quote me or mention me next time, or I'll miss your post. I saw this one totally by chance xD

Is grimm worth it to watch? I've watched season 1 and enjoyed it, then dropped of in the start of season 2... I don't know what it was but it just became boring for me.

Is grimm worth it to watch? I've watched season 1 and enjoyed it, then dropped of in the start of season 2... I don't know what it was but it just became boring for me.

I agree with you about Season 2, but yes, it improved. I'd suggest picking up from the start of Season 3. (Or jump straight to Season 4, but if you do that, you'll probably need to do a quick read-up of what happened in Season 3.)

Nope, haven't seen Dog Soldiers yet. Never heard of it actually, is it about werewolves too?

P.S: if you want to speak with me, quote me or mention me next time, or I'll miss your post. I saw this one totally by chance xD

My bad, I often hang in a forum where's considered inappropriate to quote a post directly above mine, so I sort of lost the habit of doing it. Yup, Dog Soldiers is a british comedic-horror about werewolves, sort of low budget but fun.

Prepare for teasing! As long as it is better than the abomination that was 3, I'll probably see this day one. Funny how the CG doesn't really seem much better than 1993, just goes to show how amazing of a job ILM did back then.

[video=youtube;bvu-zlR5A8Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvu-zlR5A8Q[/video]

Prepare for teasing! As long as it is better than the abomination that was 3, I'll probably see this day one. Funny how the CG doesn't really seem much better than 1993, just goes to show how amazing of a job ILM did back then.

[video=youtube;bvu-zlR5A8Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvu-zlR5A8Q[/video]

OMDEARJESUSYES!!!

You know how some kids watch annoying movies over and over and over and over and over again, literally back to back? Yeah, these movies were it for me. Nothing beats the first one, but I'm so down for another go at it.

SUPER STOKED!!!

They released the full trailer:

I'm a bit skeptical. There seems to be a lot of CGI, which of course is sort of a standard in modern movies, but JP1 works so well because of its perfect mix of animatronics and CGI. Still exciting to finally be able to see another Jurassic Park movie in the cinemas, and I'm gonna try to enjoy it for what it it's gonna be. Jurassic Park is probably the movie that influenced my life the most.

Here's my problem with this - what kind of stupid do you need to be to know about three modern dinosaur crises (i.e. Jurassic Park 1-3) and think that trying a theme park yet again is a smart idea?

What year is this?

Everything about the history of Jurassic Park IVWorld screams "development hell" and "screenwriting clusterfuck". Maybe I'm being too pessimistic, and they actually created a story with more meaning than "greedy multinational creates vicious dinosaurs". But I need to be convinced.

There has been photos a while back of practical effects for the new Jurassic movie. They said they'd be using a lot of them too. Maybe that's changed though (The Thing prequel had all these really good practicals and then they painted over them with CGI)

Is it going to be in 3D? I guess it is. Jurassic Park's 3D re-release was pretty cool. A lot of subtle effects that added to the atmosphere. Wondering if they'll do that again or over the top 3D.

Also, this channel has a lot of behind the scenes videos for Jurassic Park 1-3

https://www.youtube.com/user/StanWinstonSchool

Last edited:
OMDEARJESUSYES!!!

You know how some kids watch annoying movies over and over and over and over and over again, literally back to back? Yeah, these movies were it for me. Nothing beats the first one, but I'm so down for another go at it.

SUPER STOKED!!!

Ditto. I remember watching the original Jurassic Park when I was toddler, seeing the third when I was 6, back when it premiered in theatres. Still have trilogy all on VHS too actually and I used to do a whole marathon of them. xD

I’ve been waiting for Jurassic Park IV for a long while now, as much as probably Final Fantasy XV. The trailer looks meh, but I'll go out to watch it out of tradition.

Its kind of funny though funny how they didn’t decide to make a reboot and instead the plot is about making the same mistakes another park again 20 years later. Also a bit amusing that the sea-dinosaur is from Walking with Dinosaurs, another childhood favorite. =)

Last edited:
Its kind of funny though funny how they didn’t decide to make a reboot and instead the plot is about making the same mistakes another park again 20 years later. Also a bit amusing that the sea-dinosaur is from Walking with Dinosaurs, another childhood favorite. =)

Yeah, I tend to prefer movies with less CGI, but the way the first one was done is awesome. Folks got to realize the oldies are the badies for a reason. I'm sure this next one won't be as impressive, but I will definitely see it in theaters. It does seem silly for them to just go on making the same mistakes over and over. Didn't realize that about Walking with Dinosaurs... In fact, somehow this is the frist I've read of Walking with Dinosaurs! : O

This one was my favorite as a kid...
View attachment 7803

Attachments

• dinosaur.jpg
    dinosaur.jpg
    330.9 KB · Views: 39
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/lucasfilm/starwarstheforceawakens/

If you happen to have QuickTime you can watch the new Star Wars Force Awakens trailer.

It's goooooooooood.

Also...

Black Stormtrooper? His lifespan isn't gonna be very long. Naaah, no way they would kill off John Boyega that quickly. And dat lighsaber hilt... kinda over the top unfortunately. The rest is amazing - practical effects anytime.

Last edited:
That moment when the heart skipped a beat.

I like it, though I can sense an incoming shitstorm.

that Sith has a Revan vibe about him, so he's good in my book.
Revan is love.

EDIT: yes, the shitstorm has already started in an italian site. Mmmh, I'm not even surprised, lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom