do you think its advise to delay the game again?

+

do you think its advise to delay the game again?

• Yes, the game its messy right now and they need more time, i don't want a broken game experience.

Votes: 69 33.5%
  • No, i´,m confidant they cd project will solve all issues with the game in time of the released date.

Votes: 137 66.5%

• Total voters
As far as the graphics go Witcher 3 looks amazing even now, but I agree that there are some issues with the animations such as walking and running. There are no transition states between walking and running, the same animation is used for different slopes such as running uphill or downhill, and the running animation in general looks a bit weird and clunky.
That being said 6 months is plenty of time to fix those issues, and CDPR has said several times that the game itself is finished and they use the remaining months before launch to polish the game and fix bugs. So it means that they are aware that these problems exist, and they are fixing them; so there is nothing to worry about.

Disclaimer, this was posted before I've noticed they've actually delayed it further. That said most things are still relevant.

Just as a FYI, This poll is a bit broken by its choices, cause they essentially (can) contradict each other.
Whether or not it's smart for CD RED to delay the game or not is completely irrelevant to how many/few issues there are at launch. because one is from a business standpoint and the other the customers own view.

Is it smart for CD RED to delay?
Well of course not, but not because of issues or fans but because of the shareholders. If the game would get delayed it would effect the confidence of the shareholders (which hold far more impact and importance than all the fans combined). This is business after all and if people investing in your product being made loose confidence CD RED are in big problems. Note that this doesn't mean that they doesn't care for the fans, however shareholders will always be a priority over potential customers at release. This is why patching is a thing, most developer can't afford continuous delaying the game and simply have to release it.

Do I trust CD RED to solve all issues?
Well of course not. First and foremost this is completely illogical. No company has ever managed to launch a game without issues (small or big) and of course these issues becomes larger and more common when we are talking about an open world game. Secondly I (while I love the franchise) never have had a good experience at the actual launch and this is known now (by at least a decent proportion of the community) for both previous games that it tends to not go completely silky smooth at launch and normally we have to wait for a patch that generally comes within the first week or so. I'll admit though this has mainly been because CD RED have had absolutely retarded DRM when initially launched (Yes this were a thing, don't forget it) on all versions except GoG, so if retailer doesn't push this shit again it will probably be better.

It's also worth mentioning that the issues being solved are (should be) targeting game play issues and not PC actual optimization. Now Witcher 2 never really fixed aspect ratios properly and the solution still took a couple of months or so after launch, and the game is still recognized to not be really forgiving on lower end PCs so it isn't really the best optimized game. It's not really surprising though if this did occur again with Witcher 3. Except the obvious "minimum and recommended hardware requirements", most interviewers have been rather bleak in actually cover PC related questions and CD RED haven't really talked much about it either (just the focus on how many pixels we can expect on each console).

So the conclusion is as following;
Is it smart to delay Witcher 3? No, not from a business standpoint.
Do I trust CD RED to solve most game play issues after a week or so after launch? Yes this I do.
Do I except CD RED to solve most PC related issues? Eventually, in one way or another.

And as a bonus, Am I bitter? No, not really, I'm actually quite placid.

Last edited:
I want to play The Witcher 3 when it's ready. So I will accept as many delays as they consider necessary.
Because this is not just another game. It is THE game.

Last edited:
I for 1 am glad about the delay for my own selfish reasons, I was gonna be tight with the money for the new PC until the deadline when the game comes out. This way I'm gonna have the money I need to buy the rig I wanted.

But besides that, I don't know what to feel about it, Lois CK explained this the best, sometimes when you work on a joke there's a time when you get it perfect, but you still wanna work on it some more, and it starts rotting, almost like a fruit cycle. I believe that applies on anything, so I fear they might be over-complicating it, adding too much stuff, switching choices (aka the wild hunt king change) because it's their biggest project yet and they're afraid it won't be as they've imagined it. On the other hand, if they're just perfecting the game, aka polishing what is already made, that itself should cause no worries.

We shall see. Since you delayed it that much, you could change Geralt's look into this:

Common, it's the best concept of Geralt, just... just do it, look at those spooky eyes!

Well, I expected another delay, to be honest. The game is just too massive, with too much work to be done. I am glad that CDPR chose to delay, and not to release a broken version. May is good, we'll have the entire summer, with vacations and all, to fully enjoy it.

[snip]
I just realized I already replied to this. :)

[edit]
I hope that their reason to delay until May has more to do with a multitude of small issues rather than fundamental design flaws in the game engine. I once worked on a piece of software that was "90% finished" for years. I was happy when our customer finally f*cked off and gave up on us.

Last edited:
Well maybe it's good thing. Do you remember Gothic series? First and second part was excellent, best RPG at the time, then 3rd part announced to be much bigger, better, longer. So far story goes exactly like Witcher's. What happened next? Publisher rushed up unfinished game, game took lot of critics, publisher went bankrupt, developer lost rights to the title, all effort went into drain and one of the best RPG series just disappeared from the face of the earth.
So I think its good cdpr won't do same mistake.
As a token of my trust I keep my pre order, I am willing to wait until May if developer will deliver completed game with no issues.

Last edited:
This is good news. More time to polish. More time to refine. Better experience for all. Remember that GTA V, Bioshock Infinite, Team Fortress 2, Read Dead Redemption, Starcraft 2, Oblivion, and plenty of other games have been delayed several times. CDPR knows what they are doing. They have proven their skills with TW1 and TW3. Give them the time they need.

This is good news. More time to polish. More time to refine. Better experience for all. Remember that GTA V, Bioshock Infinite, Team Fortress 2, Read Dead Redemption, Starcraft 2, Oblivion, and plenty of other games have been delayed several times. CDPR knows what they are doing. They have proven their skills with TW1 and TW3. Give them the time they need.

Agree. Game delays have happened for some of the best games out there that we now look back at as masterpieces. And better to delay and release a polished product rather than release a 95% build with bugs in it. We have the recent example of a big release by a to be unnamed studio that had major issues at launch and is now getting its first of many patches.

I don't know. the last gameplay trailer is old, not the bugged one i mean the 35 min gameplay, we need to know other aspects of the game like how big it really is. Also is weird the way the last trailer was released, bad quality, some bugs on it, old gameplay........is like it was intentionally to make reactions and justify the delay, i'm more convinced about this.

As much as I hate delays, especially DOUBLE delays, I just hope that they know what they are doing. I wish CDPR best of luck to polish the game and make this trully amazing RPG set in Witcher lore. But damn.. I was so happy when I thought I will be able to pre-load the game so soon on Steam and finaly play it...

Ahh.. I guess I just got more time to finish reading the amazing books from Andrzej Sapkowski. Best of luch, CDPR!

I have no technical knowledge of game-making so sorry for the ignorance, but how much can be improved in terms of graphics and/or gameplay within three months?

Top Bottom