2nd PLAYABLE character confirmed as Ciri

+

2nd PLAYABLE character confirmed as Ciri

• Total voters
Very exciting news. It will be great to take control of Ciri at some points in the game. Hyped
The only thing that could get me more excited is a gameplay video :D

Last edited:
So, Marcin told the truth when he said "new info about the real role of ciri monday or after".... We can wait for more info about the mods early 2015.

If it's just for certain story parts and they said "We introduce Ciri as supportive narrative tool and not because of gameplay mechanics." then I assume she will play almost exactly like Geralt (Other than the blinking bit)

Last edited:
Is this good or bad?
I was kinda hoping for Yennefer for some pure magical combat. Though I suppose Ciri is better since they can spend more time perfecting Witcher type combat and not spread themselves across 2 vastly different combat types. I don't mind. I hope you can choose to play as Ciri or Geralt in an Arena mode (If the game has one)

---------- Updated at 12:51 PM ----------

The RPG community believes that this is really terrible news.
Why? It's no different from the sections in TW2 where you play as other people

As long as the story is good, who cares? I have no problem playing as Ciri if that's what CDPR are doing. I'll just accept it as part of their storytelling.

"Ciri is playable only during certain moments in the game – we introduce her to give gamers another perspective in the story to make it even more engaging," explains the studio's Robert Malinowski. "You won’t play as her for long periods of time, but since she’s crucial to the plot, we thought that additional insight will allow gamers to better bond with this cool character.

"We introduce Ciri as supportive narrative tool and not because of gameplay mechanics. The Witcher was always about Geralt and that has not changed, but that handful of moments when you play as Ciri provide us with glimpses of how the story feels from the other side.

This! My worries are elevated, and now I'm actually quite excited for playing as Ciri. Viewing the story from the other side would be interesting.

I would have preferred Ciri based cutscenes rather than playing as her. Switching out of your character ruins my rp experience.
Not to mention she's not that good of a character.

Yeah I saw one of the recent articles from IGN (about 2nd playable character) and it was clear that they know absolutely nothing about the lore.. When I read that I just couldn't stop thinking how pathetic IGN can be..

not a fan of Ciri at all -.- didn't like her in the books maybe she is better in the game
I would rather play as Yennefer or Triss but only for a short time not like doing quests with them (like taking control of Henselt or Saskia for a short time in TW2)
its Geralts game!

After a few months of announcements/reveals causing criticism and some backlash I think this news is awesome!

Also glad to have a stream of new info filtering through to fans regularly despite the delay. Keep it coming :)

Top Bottom