Predicted witcher 3 system specs? Can I run it .

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Guy N'wah I'll clarify. I don't mean downgrading, but the opposite actually - does it mean there won't be any potential upgrading, once the specs are released, with the clarification that they're not meant to change "for the worse"?

I'm not coming from a "worried the game won't look good" place, I'm coming from a greedy one hoping for it to look even better. I'm just not sure at what point are the graphics set and don't expect even further improvement.

Personally I think the graphics looks good already except the elder trailer which looked downgraded to me or something was wrong but the recent images (Ciri, Zoltan) were impressive so I am not sure but if you watch 35 mins trailer then you can see graphics are pretty sweet already. To be honest I want a game that looks great but at the same time I want it to run good, I don't want a tech demo or showcase product that makes a good place in benchmarks but gamers keep struggling with it.

I think TW3 in it's current state looks just fine and now they should spend the remaining time in further optimizing it (making it run better if possible not downgrading it) and polishing stuff.

@tahirahmed Personally I think the graphics look friggin' amazing. All I'm wondering is whether or not this ("this" being the announcement of specs, whenever that is) is the point where the Devs decide to not try to further enhance the graphics, or if there's still some chance that they'll continue to improve them anyway.

@eliharel

Well only devs know that for sure but I think after specs are announced then we're set or maybe they will only add features that will make the game look slightly better without compromising performance or alterations that will make it run better with same graphics (optimization) because once specs are out then you close the doors for big experiments.

@Guy N'wah I'll clarify. I don't mean downgrading, but the opposite actually - does it mean there won't be any potential upgrading, once the specs are released, with the clarification that they're not meant to change "for the worse"?

I'm not coming from a "worried the game won't look good" place, I'm coming from a greedy one hoping for it to look even better. I'm just not sure at what point are the graphics set and don't expect even further improvement.

Yeah, it could go either way: more eye candy at the high end, because now there's room for them on high-end hosts; better performance on the mid-range and low end, because they've been streamlined to run better with the resources available.

What I don't think it will mean is that features that aren't already committed to the game will be added. The time for adding features went by long ago.

At least as recommended graphic card they say gtx 760, which is surprisingly low...

---------- Updated at 04:17 PM ----------

OK, Umbra will solve polygon count, red engine must have some good LOD algorithm, textures and maps will be handled by memory, so is there a reason to replace my HD 7750 since software will sort out performance?

recommended graphic gtx 760 you make me lol p , i think gtx 760 will be on minimum setting not as recommended but we wll see i think to played on ultra gtx 980 TI or new ati that will release first quarter of 2015 will be quite fine p

Last edited:

yes, i see it but for the cpu i think it's too much but they say it before they try to use more the cpu than the gpu but we will see for witcher 3 . We know that we always want better graphic but that demand better gpu and cpu and that's one day we had to change our rig because of it like when crysis release . After people can play on minimum setting but to play it they have to change some piece of their rig . i m one of them i have a gtx 780 i think it will be to low to play it on good setting ( hight or ultra ) and i have to buy a new gpu before the release

yes, i see it but for the cpu i think it's too much but they say it before they try to use more the cpu than the gpu but we will see for witcher 3 . We know that we always want better graphic but that demand better gpu and cpu and that's one day we had to change our rig because of it like when crysis release . After people can play on minimum setting but to play it they have to change some piece of their rig . i m one of them i have a gtx 780 i think it will be to low to play it on good setting ( hight or ultra ) and i have to buy a new gpu before the release
Let's wait until official statement from cdpr, which should be soon :), maybe requirements won't be that bad....I would say if you will play on 1080p without uber sampling, you should be able to max out on 780.

Let's wait until official statement from cdpr, which should be soon :), maybe requirements won't be that bad....I would say if you will play on 1080p without uber sampling, you should be able to max out on 780.

yes , i will wait and perhaps i could play on 1080p without uber sampling, you should be able to max out on 780

Does anyone think SLI support will be released for Witcher 3? It seems like a silly question I know, but I am a noob to SLI. I have a 980 Superclocked, but have heard a 780 TI can't run the game maxed at 60 FPS consistently. Witcher 3 is the game that once I max I would be satisfied with my build and wouldn't upgrade until 4K starts becoming reasonable. So I'm thinking of doing an SLI of two 980's superclocked. Of course though as we know, there has to be drivers for SLI. I just hope Witcher 3 gets decent SLI support. I guess I'll just have to wait as the game's release gets closer and closer and hope that one 980 can max the game.

If I remember correctly it was said that 780Ti couldn't run @ Ultra and 8x MSAA @ 60 FPS which shouldn't surprise anyone. 8x MSAA is just ridiculous and I doubt any single GPU is powerful enough for that. I'd guess that 980 will be enough for Ultra @ 60 FPS as long as you don't use too much AA

If I remember correctly it was said that 780Ti couldn't run @ Ultra and 8x MSAA @ 60 FPS which shouldn't surprise anyone. 8x MSAA is just ridiculous and I doubt any single GPU is powerful enough for that. I'd guess that 980 will be enough for Ultra @ 60 FPS as long as you don't use too much AA

if the rumor are true > gtx 980 ti >50 % more than of titan black it could be enought we will see it

Let me add something to this disscution, people pay too much attention to technical side of games, system requirements, AA, MSAA, TXAA, resolution, fps, etc and that's just half of games success don't forget about character design, architecture, environment, attention to details, overall artistic level and judging by W2 cdpr has very good artists that can deliver excellent visuals.
So I wouldn't be worried to much.

Last edited:
Lots of ppl panicking about their rigs and wants to buy cards like 980ti that wasn't e even released but I think even on medium/console setting game will look amazing.

lol lots of ppl i don't think so i m one but that don't make me everyone , ppl waiting for the recommended setting before doing anything . After for me it's by far the most wanted game ( for exemple i have at this moment no desinstall witcher 1 and witcher 2 > finish 5 times the 1 and 7 times the 2 for the story to keep it fresh ) so i think it will be the same for the 3 an for it i want to have the better experience i can . For that if i have to change thing i will do it .

Last edited:
lol lots of ppl i don't think so i m one but that don't make me everyone , ppl waiting for the recommended setting before doing anything . After for me it's by far the most wanted game ( for exemple i have at this moment no desinstall witcher 1 and witcher 2 > finish 5 times the 1 and 7 times the 2 for the story to keep it fresh ) so i think it will be the same for the 3 an for it i want to have the better experience i can . For that if i have to change thing i will do it .
I am planning to upgrade my video card as well but it will be from 7750 to gtx 970 or 960 I wont buy 295x2 imo difference between high an ultra+ few exra fps ain't worth money high end card are sold. Good example gtx 970 and 980: 10-15% extra performance but price 100% higher.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom