Interviews and Articles - 2015

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
An interview with our good @theta77 in Pixel magazine (Polish) - not much new info, but here are some more interesting tidbits:
- Ciri will have 'multiple' unique abilities
- at times Geralt and Ciri will be traveling together and participating in the same events. @theta77 admitted he personally likes the duo very much :)
- there will be significantly more important women than in previous games and Geralt's love conquests will have consequences

- at times Geralt and Ciri will be traveling together and participating in the same events. @theta77 admitted he personally likes the duo very much

I wonder when we are travelling with a companion who have combat capabilities if we encounter enemies will our companion fight and be helpful or will they act like they are fighting and not really do anything. I don't really want their help but it breaks immersion when the latter happens. Tho maybe we will be the one following the companion who won't encounter any enemies and not the other way around.

Attachments

• Game-of-Thrones-Meme-007.png
    Game-of-Thrones-Meme-007.png
    288 KB · Views: 61
An interview with our good @theta77 in Pixel magazine (Polish) - not much new info, but here are some more interesting tidbits:
- Ciri will have 'multiple' unique abilities
- at times Geralt and Ciri will be traveling together and participating in the same events. @theta77 admitted he personally likes the duo very much :)
- there will be significantly more important women than in previous games and Geralt's love conquests will have consequences

In the twitch live stream the REDS talked about a particular ability of Ciri that is super fun to use. My bet's on blinking, that would be the first we've seen it in a 3rd person RPG to my knowledge :hmm:

In the twitch live stream the REDS talked about a particular ability of Ciri that is super fun to use. My bet's on blinking, that would be the first we've seen it in a 3rd person RPG to my knowledge :hmm:
Blinking is one thing (already confirmed). The interviewer asked if Ciri would be able to traverse the world with her special skills. Marcin Blacha confirmed that indeed she would. Then he added that she had completed her witcher training, hasn't been through the mutations, can fight with her sword, and can use her numerous special skills, which I assume indicates that we'll have some intriguing magicks at our disposal :)

I'll just leave this here :p

But in all seriousness he has a great voice, however it's a bit on a sinister side. Charles Dance sounds more regal and powerful, but not necessarily evil which is how I imagine Emhyr would sound.

Blinking is one thing (already confirmed). The interviewer asked if Ciri would be able to traverse the world with her special skills. Marcin Blacha confirmed that indeed she would. Then he added that she had completed her witcher training, hasn't been through the mutations, can fight with her sword, and can use her numerous special skills, which I assume indicates that we'll have some intriguing magicks at our disposal :)

There was a protective aura thing in elder blood trailer. Maybe it's one of her abilities.

Exclusive, 70 minutes of Witcher 3 video interview

Hi all Witcher fan, I was lucky enough to make an exclusive video interview with 3 Hungarian colleagues of the Witcher3's Developer Team (& get answers for the fan questions about the Witcher 3), in the CD Projekt RED studio, Warsaw, Poland! :) (Recorded on 8th of January, 2015)
Themes: Making of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, also talking about the new gameplay features, the PC technology of Witcher 3 and MORE!
NOW WITH FULL ENGLISH SUBTITLE, ENJOY & THANKS FOR WATCHING! ;)

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzyZ9JBFThQ

UPDATE (UPDATE #4): ...FULL ENGLISH SUBTITLE, enjoy!^ :)

THANKS FOR WATCHING & SHARING WITH OTHER WITCHER FANS! :)
CHEERS,
HeyJoe (aka hedzsooo)

Last edited:
http://www.gamesradar.com/9-times-i-...sive-prologue/
"9 times I slacked off instead of being a hero in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt"

1. Awkwardly sat through an all-nude intro cut-scene while the developers watched me, watching it
Remember that unspeakably awful teenage moment when you were watching a movie with your parents and a sex scene came on? I do, because that exact same feeling washes over me as the camera pulls slowly up on Geralt of Rivia having a lovely bath, sans clothes, in the opening scene. And who's that? Oh, it's love interest Yennefer, also starkers, reclining on a chaise lounge. Behind me, I can feel the eyes of several CD Projekt developers. Watching. Judging. Should I be looking appreciatively at the lingering bum shots so as not to cause offence? Or will that make me look like some kind of deviant? What's the protocol here?

Why so judgmental CDPR, why? :hai:

Interesting interview with Damien Monier.
[you will see that, he is quite tired (suspect because of that event), but it gives the council]

“Are You Asking if We're Just Sex Obsessed?” - A Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Interview

[delicate "spoilers" for oriented with saga and one, two quests... nothing spectacular ]

Last edited:
1. Awkwardly sat through an all-nude intro cut-scene while the developers watched me, watching it
Remember that unspeakably awful teenage moment when you were watching a movie with your parents and a sex scene came on? I do, because that exact same feeling washes over me as the camera pulls slowly up on Geralt of Rivia having a lovely bath, sans clothes, in the opening scene. And who's that? Oh, it's love interest Yennefer, also starkers, reclining on a chaise lounge. Behind me, I can feel the eyes of several CD Projekt developers. Watching. Judging. Should I be looking appreciatively at the lingering bum shots so as not to cause offence? Or will that make me look like some kind of deviant? What's the protocol here?

Why so judgmental CDPR, why? :hai:

That passage is genius, couldn't stop myslef from laughing

:wat::rly?:
How many 3rd person RPGs have you played exactly?

Well I can't remember and RPG I played that had "blinking" (like Dishonored) in it, Nicholas Roche (or should I say Vernon Cage?)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom