Cycling through Signs?

+
Cycling through Signs?

Hey all, long-time lurker, first time poster. I was watching the 35 minute gameplay video posted back in August and saw something that I haven't seen in any of the more recent videos.

Namely being able to switch Signs without opening the radial menu. I thought that this was a fantastic idea, but haven't seen it "highlighted" lately and was just hoping that it was still in the game.

IIRC you could cycle through them with the the number keys in Witcher 2. So I see no reason why they would remove it for Witcher 3, especially since we already saw that the functionality is still in. :)

Ah, my apologies then. Not familiar with the console controls. But if you saw this functionality in the demo then I sure hope it's still in there. :)

Well some time ago reds have talked about using kinect to switch signs by voice on xbox one but I haven't heard of this feature for a very long time.

Yeah, they havent explained much in terms of controls. I'm hoping there is something that lets us cast them on demand instead of the wheel or cycling. If not, since the game will recognize controller and mouse inputs at the same time, maybe I can rig something together with DS4tool's custom keybinds.

Well some time ago reds have talked about using kinect to switch signs by voice on xbox one but I haven't heard of this feature for a very long time.

There was some very discussion about them considering using Kinect. A lot of ideas get suggested during any project, and the fact that some of them don't proceed doesn't really tell us anything about the rest.

It would be good to get more info about the controls though.

Of course but during the last E3 John Mamais talked about it like it was already a thing:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-combat-was-deliberately-easy-cd-projekt-says
Witcher 3 does support voice control via Kinect for magic signs so players need not access the radial menu. But as Eurogamer reported yesterday

"The voice command side doesn't tap into the GPU side at all, so we can still have Kinect," Mamais said.
"So if you buy Kinect you can use it for voice commands and system commands. It's modest integration for voice. But since it's not using the camera at all we can use any extra power we can take to speed up the GPU."

On the witcher 2 it's possible to assign a key for each sign, which is what I do, and it's great! I never cycled through signs again after that. There are just a few shenanigans with the response time sometimes, but that can basicaly be bypassed...

I assigned 5 for Igni, T for Aard, G for Yrden, V for Axii and the scroll click for Quen. It is very handy and makes the combat a lot more dynamic.

Since I'll be playing this on PC with a controller, I hope I'll be able to map this to a controller button/s.

Top Bottom