Main quests

+
Main quests

Hello everyone

we don't want spoilers here ;)

leaving spoilers aside, the guy in the new gamespot video, said, that there are 8 to 10 main quests, isn't that a bit ... short? :s

Last edited:
Already been discussed (with the contribution of a RED) on the News Discussions thread :) Basically, you need to remember that quests like "Vizima Confidential" and "Where is Triss Merigold" in the previous games spanned for whole chapters (or nearly the whole game, in case of Triss' quest). So you need to think of it as one main quest - with updated current parts of the quest of course - spanning through a whole "act/chapter". It's not just you doing 8-10 singular quests and it's over ;)

As everyone said the numbers do not matter, and they are not determinant of how long the main story is.
But I can never get enough of the Witcher no matter how long it is. I've read the books, played each game multiple times, and I still want MORE.

If you are like me, then remember we are also getting expansion packs :)

Hello everyone

leaving spoilers aside, the guy in the new gamespot video, said, that there are 8 to 10 main quests, isn't that a bit ... short? :s

Finding Ciri is one quest. Lord of the Rings was one quest to middle earth... Look at how long thay took. Depends on the length of the quests

Keep in mind he also said there are sidequests you have to do to complete the main quests. And the sidequests can take as long as 1 hour to beat and sometimes even change based on your decisions.
There is also the fact that someone on the writing team said the story is still divided into "Acts" even though the game doesn't tell you which "Act" you're on.
So overall I am not really concerned about it.

Finding Ciri is one quest. Lord of the Rings was one quest to middle earth... Look at how long that took.
Good point. Sean Bean might even die before this quest is through.

You could have a quest to butter 10 slices of bread with a plastic knife, and Sean Bean will still end up killing himself.

Hello everyone

It's like...Vizima Confidential. A long main quest which is related to other subquests.
You can start one parte of the main quest, just to finish it 10 hours later.

As others have mentioned, if the campaign's 50 hours, it's 50 hours. Whether it's listed in the game journal as 10 quests which each have 10 mini-quests to reach their conclusion, or 100 individual quests.

Noobie question but, does the game continue even after you complete the main story first? So in other words, am I free to continuously roam around the 2 maps once the main story is over to complete side items??

Top Bottom