The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

+
@Kasztan187

2 things:

- The 980 is 'roughly' 15-20% percent stronger than the 970. However this usually doesn't translate directly into a 15-20% performance increase.
- The 980 at the preview event was running an almost smooth 60FPS without the nvidia drivers released for witcher 3! (hairworks turned off)

I'd say if you run Ultra with the nvidia drivers at 50-55 FPS. Drop some sliders to high or go with a lower amount of MSAA and you'd be running 60FPS.

The 2GB GT 740 probably even has DDR3 ram only, instead of GDDR5 - i.e. super slow memory bandwidth. I wouldn't get my hopes up too much.

I played witcher 2 on a GT430 lol it was the game that got me addicted to GPUs lol.....it ran ok in 900p. On low to med settings

I'm able to run Witcher 2 in ultra without uber sampling at 60 fps.
My main concern is my cpu i7 870@ 2.93
Any advice would be appreciated

Guys I can't find any specifications about 22nm LGA1150 CPU's safe temperatures. I mean, I'd OC mine a little bit more but I don't know when should I stop to do not harm my CPU :p Are max temps about 75-80'C still OK?

I'm able to run Witcher 2 in ultra without uber sampling at 60 fps.
My main concern is my cpu i7 870@ 2.93
Any advice would be appreciated

I wouldn't risk it, but it will probably still 'run'

It has a lower Clockspeed than the i5-2500k (stock) and scores significantly lower on the passmark benchmark, only slightly worse on the 3dmark and sysmark benchmarks,

So yeah you're risking to bottleneck your system with a CPU that is slightly below minimum requirements :/

---------- Updated at 11:12 PM ----------

Guys I can't find any specifications about 22nm LGA1150 CPU's safe temperatures. I mean, I'd OC mine a little bit more but I don't know when should I stop to do not harm my CPU :p Are max temps about 75-80'C still OK?

TJ. Max for a similar CPU on that socket is 105c however that is truly the max and will crash to prevent damage over that amount. I never OC mine much on air, on WC they don't get higher than 80 ish.

If you want to play it safe dont go over 85-90

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the reply I'm kinda a newb working on my own system. I can get my hands on a i7 3770 that should take care of that.
How about my sapphire Radeon 7970 do you think it will hold? don't want to upgrade if I don't have to but I want to be able to play on launch

I've got:
i5-4690k @3.5 turbo 3.9
Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming
8GB RAM DDR3 1600 CL9
MSI-Z97-G43

I hope I will be able to play on high/ultra at 1680x1080 at 60fps without it going down :D
Anyone can say something about it? :D

You can play at ultra as far as I can say, just turn off HairWorks if it cause big performance hit, according to those youtuber videos CDP's hair solution also look great.

Thanks guys I feel alot of better when I heard your comments now :D
I also don't care much about antialiasing, x2 is enough for me.

I will hope for good optimization for "Kepler" videocards. I have GTX 780 ti, but i don't know for sure how my card can handle with that game.

I wouldn't risk it, but it will probably still 'run'

It has a lower Clockspeed than the i5-2500k (stock) and scores significantly lower on the passmark benchmark, only slightly worse on the 3dmark and sysmark benchmarks,

So yeah you're risking to bottleneck your system with a CPU that is slightly below minimum requirements :/

Thank you for the reply I'm not sure if you saw my second question a few posts later but as you seem to have quite a bit of knowledge about the pc I was hoping for advice on my gpu. If anybody else has some input on how my sapphire Radeon 7970 will or won't hold let me know

Thank you for the reply I'm not sure if you saw my second question a few posts later but as you seem to have quite a bit of knowledge about the pc I was hoping for advice on my gpu. If anybody else has some input on how my sapphire Radeon 7970 will or won't hold let me know

A 7970 may be up to 3 years old, but it's still quite up to date - the 3GB video memory is large enough, and it also still has enough power for current games on reasonable settings (with a bit of OC it's on a level with the recommended GTX 770).

tbh i wasnt reading all the pages here... i am a bi concerned about my cpu will be the bottlenack for the game
its a Phaenom2x4 actually running in 3,4Ghz, the rest of the requirements i have, 8GB Ram mybe will be 12 soon and a GTX980
it will run i guss but will it work also in my 5100x900 resolution?

Can my laptop handle Ultra settings?

Just curious, if any modders can get an answer from a developer. I am hopping my laptop can handle MAX settings with everything.

my laptop has these specs

>Windows 8.1 - 64-Bit
>4th Generation Intel® Haswell Core™ i7-4710MQ (2.5GHz - 3.5GHz, 6MB Intel® Smart Cache)
>NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 970M (6.0GB) GDDR5 PCI-Express DX11 (Maxwell)
>8GB DDR3 1600MHz

Thank you and appreciate any input or opinions.

tbh i wasnt reading all the pages here... i am a bi concerned about my cpu will be the bottlenack for the game
its a Phaenom2x4 actually running in 3,4Ghz, the rest of the requirements i have, 8GB Ram mybe will be 12 soon and a GTX980
it will run i guss but will it work also in my 5100x900 resolution?

I expect the Phenom to bottleneck a lot, especially in densely populated areas (i.e. cities ;) ). Your resolution equals ~ 2x FullHD, so it's realistic to get playable framerates at nice quality with your GTX 980, but only where it's not limited by the CPU.

---------- Updated at 09:27 AM ----------

Just curious, if any modders can get an answer from a developer. I am hopping my laptop can handle MAX settings with everything.

>Windows 8.1 - 64-Bit
>4th Generation Intel® Haswell Core™ i7-4710MQ (2.5GHz - 3.5GHz, 6MB Intel® Smart Cache)
>8GB DDR3 1600MHz

The GTX970M is roughly comparable with a desktop GTX 960. So you will be able to play nicely, but not with everything maxed out.

Isn't this thread usually over in 'News'?

I think a Modder merged my thread with this one thats why it popped up. I hope someone can answer my question regarding this.

My original post

>Windows 8.1 - 64-Bit
>8GB DDR3 1600MHz

I am so worried that I won't be able to play The Witcher 3...My PC:
i5-2500k, 8GB RAM, and my main concern - HD7850. My resolution is 1080p.
So, basically, lower than minimun requirements. I think my CPU will be fine, it is WAY better than Phenom II X4 940 and beat FX-8350 in most games. But my GPU...and I can't overclock it, it is unstable even with small OC.
But I believe in CD Projekt and hoping to play on lowest graphics with 40 fps or so...r-r-right?

Hi guys! So, as the Time comes nearer and nearer, I decided to look for a second hand PC. Right now I am deciding between two, where the main difference is the CPU. One has the i5 2500K, the other one an i5 4570S. The price difference is 15€ + the latter has only 4GB of RAM, the former has 8GB. Which one would you recommend? Thanks a lot

Top Bottom