The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - PC System Requirements are here!

+
Even for low settings? :/ I don't know if the following helps but i could easily run Assassins of Kings on High but with AA and Vsync disabled.

Think I can go ultra with everything on? Mainly want to be able to use HairWorks if it doesn't kill FPS (I'll be playing at 1920x1080).

Intel Core i7-5930k
Asus Rampage V Extreme
16GB GSkill Ripjaws 4
EVGA GTX 970 FTW (overclocked even more)

If you're not sure whether or not your computer can run the game well enough, then wait until some benchmarks start popping up over the next 2 weeks.
That will give you a clear idea where you stand.

---------- Updated at 09:52 AM ----------

Think I can go ultra with everything on? Mainly want to be able to use HairWorks if it doesn't kill FPS (I'll be playing at 1920x1080).

Intel Core i7-5930k
Asus Rampage V Extreme
16GB GSkill Ripjaws 4
EVGA GTX 970 FTW (overclocked even more)

I have the same gpu as you. If you don't mind - what were you able to push your core / memory clocks to? I was only able to stabilize at +110 on the core and +200 on the memory. @ +16 mV (any more volts and it crashes).

So ~1502 core / 3700 memory clocks.
I didn't win the Gpu lottery, but it's not too bad.

To answer your question - I'm hedging bets that you can pop quite a few Ultra settings on. Perhaps not all, but many.

Andrew Burnes, an NVidia employee who writes the Geforce optimization guides confirmed that the SLI profile for the Witcher 3 is very good, with almost perfect scaling :D

He also said the game isn't CPU intensive, which kind of surprised me because I was expecting it was going to be due to all of the physics and the high level of detail. Then again, he was using an Intel 5960x which is an eight core monster so he may be looking at it somewhat myopically..

I guess we'll find out on Monday (at least for some of us)

Source

i found this info, might be useful

the gpu, and which settings and resolution it supports

The minimum GTX 660 and HD 7870 have actually 2 GB of VRAM. I would suggest that you wait for a performance analysis after the game launch. There are texture downscaling tweaks that may allow it to run on your gpu. That said I think PS4 would be far better and if you have only a 2 core processor then it's a lot worse (you didn't mention what cpu you have). But I repeat; Wait for performance tests with downscaling tweaks and how they look and perform. I wouldn't get my hopes up though. Those minimums are there for a reason.

I have an i5 quad core CPU.

Can i Run It?

Well i haven't seen a sticky for this so i decided to post it here.

i have
Geforce GTX 770
Core i7 930 2.8ghz (a bit old i know)
6GB DDR3 1622mhz

now im going to do a Format & dust cleaning + installing all the latest Drivers.

the only thing i will have in the computer is The Witcher 3 on my SSD drive.

so my question is will i be able to run it on High? (not ultra) in 1920/1080 res.

(note: i was able to play GTA V on ultra with no lags at all)

Well i haven't seen a sticky for this so i decided to post it here.

i have
Geforce GTX 770
Core i7 930 2.8ghz (a bit old i know)
6GB DDR3 1622mhz

now im going to do a Format & dust cleaning + installing all the latest Drivers.

the only thing i will have in the computer is The Witcher 3 on my SSD drive.

so my question is will i be able to run it on High? (not ultra) in 1920/1080 res.

(note: i was able to play GTA V on ultra with no lags at all)

Since you meet the recommended specs (except for the RAM, which would be 8Gb-s), it's safe to say that you will be able to play it on High with 1080p. Maybe you won't get a solid 60 fps, but I think you will still be well above 30 fps.

except for the RAM, which would be 8Gb-s

yeah well the GTX 770 have a 2 GB ram dunno if that helps, and beside it will be a fresh Format which will clear allot of garbage from the memory, i hope it will make it smoother i know it helped me in the past run games allot faster.

I think it will run on mid-high mixed settings (without haiworks and crazy msaa levels)
GTA5 on Ultra with 6GB RAM ? Settings ? I have the same card (Settings: 1080p / x4 MSAA, everything ultra except gras quality, population variety, extended distance settings and high resolution shadows) and i have 35-55 FPS. I wouldnt call it lag free but good playable. With 8GB i have many crashes, upgraded to 16GB and no crashes anymore. Btw.i would suggest to upgrade your ram !

I'm sporting an Intel Core i5-2500 quad core @3.30 GHz, 8GB of RAM and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 560Ti. It seems to be below the "minimum" specs but even so I usually managed to get games running with this rig at medium settings at least. Anyone know if I'll be able to do this in TW3 at all as well?

Not sure about the 560Ti yet. It's a generation earlier than the "minimum" card. But the evidence now is that a minimum CPU and a recommended card will get you much of Ultra settings at some playable frame rate, so backing off the settings and maybe backing off the resolution should get the game playable for you. 1GB 560's may be handicapped by a limited texture budget; 2GB would be a lot more favorable.

Last edited:
Hi m8s
I have
i7 2600k 3.4 ghz
12 gb ddr3
msi gtx 970 4g twin frozen

Can run ultra?
my doubts its about the cpu,should, I try an over?
never done an cpu over before

Can I run Witcher 3?

Hello!
I just pre-loaded The Witcher 3 and I am very afraid that the game won't run very well on my rig. Upgraded it last year and only planning to upgrade it more next year. Some advice on how it will run will be appreciated!

CPU: AMD FX 8320 3.5ghz (stock)

Card: Gigabyte AMD R9 270x 2GB Windforce 3

Ram: 16gb DDR3 1600mhz.

Case: Cooltek with 4 120mm Fans in it.

Will I be able to run the game smooth on full HD 1080 at like medium to high settings?

I'm guessing since i dont use Intel and Nvidia, the moderators don't even look at my post. Sigh....

Last edited:
Top Bottom