Game freezing after around 15 minutes / sound keeps playing

+
The same problem here, but randomly. I can play for 3 hours, 2 hours, 10 minutes... And it happens both in the inventory and in the missing brother quest when
The Temerian soldier is speaking with the Nilfgaardian at the hut
. I've managed to beat the quest, but that's kinda game breaking. I will try to change the FPS settings too.

So at the moment this game is pretty unstable for me.

2500k @ 4.5Ghz
780Ti SC @ Stock clocks
Game ready drivers from yesterday.

All game settings on high (not ultra). Hairworks OFF.

Borderless window @ 1080p.

Game runs at a consistent 60fps using these settings. Problem is it just keep randomly CTD, black screen, hang PC entirely at random intervals.

Played for 1 hour 30 mins last night then it froze up my machine.

Played for 10 mins this morning and it CTD (but didnt freeze machine). Booted up again and been fine again for 30 mins then picture frooze (sound still playing).

Also crashed a few times whilst in inventory and menus.

Ideas?

FYI, machine seems perfectly stable prior to this, have recently put in 100h+ on GTAV at max settings, with not a single crash.

Same here with i7 CPU 16GB RAM and GTX770.
Trying many Settings, trying other Drivers, disable AV Software, updating System. Some crahes after 5-10 Minutes of playing.
Other Games running fine and without any problems.
Graphics to minimum -> crashes
Postgr. to minimum -> crashes
Windowmode option all trying -> crashes
uninstall AVAST -> crashes
Update drivers / or roll back -> crashes
with / without VSYNC -> crashes
Limited / Unlimited FPS -> crashes
At minimum Settings, GPU Load ist 99%, i think, the graphics is the problem.
Trying smash PC through window.... maybe later ;-)

optimized for nvidia ;p lol, the problem is, not even nvidia is optimized for nvidia. but you don't want to hear my side of the argument, only that every console uses ati, so yea... every game is optimized for ati these days ;o

Having the same issue with 980 and latest drivers. Black screen with sound still playing and I have to hard reset my machine. Game is unplayable.

Sam issue for me, its crashing randomly but mostly in cutscenes/dialogs and its within 5-10 mins into the game. PC runs just fine around 45 - 50 fps on HIGH settings.

GTX 680
i5-3570K
16 GB Ram
Win 8.1

From my own experience: It seems to mostly occur when in menus. Anyone else notice the same?

Until now it happens to me in the menus only as well. Had no freeze out of menu yet.
I always quick save before going in a menu (inventory, map, bestiary.....) at the moment. That sucks. Music plays but I can't do anything.
I currently check out some options like different texture quality but it seems totally random.
My setup: GTX 960 (2 GB), i5 4670K, Win7 64x, 8 GB RAM, latest NVIDIA driver

I think it's safe to merge this thread with the other about freeze in inventory screen, the problem is most likely related.

underclock had solved my Problem now.
-40 Mhz Coreclock and Memory clock and no crashes yet.
I think that i will make a RMA for my Card.
That must be some bad GPU Chips that causes the problem.

underclock had solved my Problem now.
-40 Mhz Coreclock and Memory clock and no crashes yet.
I think that i will make a RMA for my Card.
That must be some bad GPU Chips that causes the problem.

This is not a Option for me, Graphics Card is too old for RMA and other Games run fine.

I've got the same problem with both Nvidia drivers(newly released one and the GTA V one), my crashes happen randomly also and it seems if you have an OC on your GPU it happens alot faster. My specs: FX 8320, GTX 980, 12 GB ram.

Same issue here. Game/picture freezes but music keeps playing.

My system is:
i5 3570k,
2 970s in SLI
8 Gb ram 1833 Mhz
256 SSD

Top Bottom