Problem with Gwent? Getting owned by the AI? Want some tips? call: 0800-SCORCHED

+
@damo404 Hey man, I cannot use my Foltest card. Something's wrong. At the beginning of the game I could but now I cannot. It's not because Emhyr blokes mine skills. Not sure if bug or whatsoever.

I feel this red baron is just as tough as the nilfgaardian guy in vizima. Oo;
My beginner deck stands no chance.

---------- Updated at 01:08 PM ----------

I like Gwent quite a bit. There is more strategy involved than you'd think on first glance. I like trying to beat opponents that have an OP deck with my beginner's deck.

This game was surprisingly fun! My only real complaint is that the AI plays very poorly and that Triss her card is too weak :p. Why not add an effect like that dragon, only for ranged enemies. Also seems to fit them theme with the main story and
her ranged bombing enemies in the defense of kaer morhen
I love Triss if you hadn't noticed ;)

My foltest(double siege power) siege decks pretty much beats everyone in one go. There was only one deck I couldn't beat without making some minor adjustments:
the anti siege guy(thief) in the tournament

For me the most overpowered (pay-to-win) cards are:
1. That hero with 0 power that draws 2 cards
2. Thaler - 1 power draw 2 cards
3. The siege medic (or w/e she was) that can summon one guy from your deathpile
4. Rest of draw cards
5. Other summon ally from deathpile cards (medic)
6. That dragon that kills enemy melee units
7. the 15 power hero cards
8. Occasional cards like freeze, rain and mist (freeze is generally best though)

It's very satisfying to combo freeze with that dragon and blow up 10+ enemy units btw - you should try it.

Generally going second and having the last move is the way to go(also why card draw is so powerful). That's also why these summon guys in monster decks aren't very good in my opinion - they shrink your hand and there are so many easy ways to counter them after the ai runs out of cards.
As for the scoia'taell special power: the AI seems to always want to go first. Is that a bug? Because going first is awful.

So if you like Gwent let us know

I like it a lot. If it wouldn't be so expensive I would even buy the two decks that came with the X1 CE separately.
Please give us all decks to play with friends at home and/or mobile versions....

Someone needs to start a petition or something.

Good thing this game is not some F2P, because it would ruin me. Curse you devs.

My decks are getting stacked. Just outscored a Monster Pack with Northern Kingdoms without a Freeze card

@damo404 Hey man, I cannot use my Foltest card. Something's wrong. At the beginning of the game I could but now I cannot. It's not because Emhyr blokes mine skills. Not sure if bug or whatsoever.
Do you have the appropriate weather card in your deck?

Last edited:
i cant win in this game.... i know how it works and how to play but i havent won a single game. played about 50-60 games and i always loose in this game. no matter what i do the enemy has always higher numbers of cards than my deck .... this looks like a bug to me .. if you loose 3,4 or even 5 games ok but HELLO over 50 games NOT ONE SINGLE WIN ??!!

Good thing this game is not some F2P, because it would ruin me. Curse you devs.

My decks are getting stacked. Just outscored a Monster Pack with Northern Kingdoms without a Freeze card

Do you have the appropriate weather card in your deck?

Oh, so I have to have it, I see.

Try playing in a way that the opponent AI wastes cards on the first and second round, so that when you get to the last round, the AI loses because it does not have enough cards!
That´s how I won against the Nilfgaardian in Vizima.

To all the REDs that were involved with Gwent:

I dislike card games and I find them dull and boring, but I find Gwent to be amazing and so addictive. It keeps the Players on their toes all the time, and it is so enjoyable and fast paced. It never gets dull. Gwent actually is one of my favorite parts of the Witcher 3, and this comes from the guy who doesn't even bother with card games.

You guys are very brilliant and talented.

Wow, man. I’m in Novigrad right now and I haven’t played Gwent at all because I really wanted to experience Witcher story/combat to the max, I even missed out on the Baron’s quest… I might go back and try to find the tutorial guy now.

Edit: So I read the tutorial guy goes somewhere else after you first leave White Orchard? Oh well – the game goes on.

Last edited:
@Kaldea @blizzunit
As for the inkeep woman - you will be able to buy them from one of White Orchard's merchants in probably next patch.

I hope so :like: :thumbsup: Miss this cards, forgot to buy.

As for the "tutorial guy" - his card can be found somewhere in world (no spoilers policy applied :p ) if you won't beat him. It might be hard to notice/find it but it is surely doable!

I also won't beat the "gwent tutorial guy" in the White Orchard Tavern. :cry: So I miss his card.

As far as i know, after defeat him he "drops" the Zoltan Chivay card. The question is now, how to i get this particular card now? A possible random win after beat again a other gwent player like merchant/ innkeeper etc.? Or must this card found in a random chest or house? (a more terrible thought about the endless options :()

The start is rough - deck is not the strongest. However as time goes and you start buying cards and having duels with innkeepers/merchants/armorers you start getting more cards, and slowly the deck gets better.

If some of you don't know - in Novigrad you can do a quest with Zoltan, that can reward you with three cards, including Natalis (Northern Realms 10 Hero).

I have mainly two problems right now:

1. In 'high stakes' games in Novigrad - quest shows that my estimate deck strength is 4/5, and I cannot join. Anyone knows what does that mean? My NR deck has 5 heroes, so that cannot be this.

2. Can anyone explain to me the ability to summon same cards? Scoia'tel deck is full of it, and in fact I managed to build it quite well. If I play card A, and card B is both in my hand and in my deck, will it play two B? Or two A? Sometimes (especially with Monster decks) there are more than two cards being summoned, making it all the more confusing.

As far as i know, after defeat him he "drops" the Zoltan Chivay card. The question is now, how to i get this particular card now? A possible random win after beat again a other gwent player like merchant/ innkeeper etc.? Or must this card found in a random chest or house? (a more terrible thought about the endless options :()

I'm sure this will get patched just as White Orchand tavern lady. The card itself is crap - can be put into any deck, strength 5, no other abilities. I missed the lady in the tavern as well, and that is way worse, since Foltest's second ability is much more useful than his first one.

Last edited:
Kaldea, you will miss whole cards questline with several unique cards if finish Red Baron's missing wife questline before beating him in cards.

That is incorrect. If you finish the questline before beating him in Gwent the quest will auto-update telling you to search his room for the card. It will then also direct you to other players in Velen.

2. Can anyone explain to me the ability to summon same cards? Scoia'tel deck is full of it, and in fact I managed to build it quite well. If I play card A, and card B is both in my hand and in my deck, will it play two B? Or two A? Sometimes (especially with Monster decks) there are more than two cards being summoned, making it all the more confusing.

All cards of the same name in deck are played when the card is played from the hand. I don't know if it is required to play all identical cards from the hand as well. Haven't actually had a game with one of these two factions in my hand.

E.g. Monsters: Plays a bombardment Arachas, all other bombardment Arachas and close combat Arachas cards in the deck (or deck & hand) are played as one action.
Later he could also play a single Nekker to get all Nekker cards, and a single Vampyre to get all Vampyre cards...

Scoi'atel get missile and combat skirmishers. I think these are all playable from one card. Not sure what other options exist for them though.

Also, are all cards able to be obtained? I know White Orchand will be patched back, but how about the cards during the costume party? I only won the first game there, now I see you are also able to win other cards.

You listed every card and how to get them, does that mean that some are missable? I want to get into it, but I am not going to bother to try if it is too late for me.

Can you even beat the Nilfgardian dude in Vizima (After you get there from White Orchard)? Because he seems to have some OP cards, tried going against him once and I thought I was doing great, until he started pulling cards twice the strength of mine.....

My OCD is killing me, I need to defeat him! But it looks like I'll have to go back there with a better deck.

I beat him, took 3 tries and on the 4th I won (barely) so it's very possible. I only had the starting cards and the few cards you can purchase in White Orchard.

I've been playing Gwent for a while and I've come across a strange quirk in the AI. Sometimes the AI will pass the next round immediately after winning a round for no particular reason. Is this a bug or is there something else going on? It feels kind of cheap since the AI is basically handing you a free win, especially if you're running a Nilfgaard deck.

I've been playing Gwent for a while and I've come across a strange quirk in the AI. Sometimes the AI will pass the next round immediately after winning a round for no particular reason. Is this a bug or is there something else going on? It feels kind of cheap since the AI is basically handing you a free win, especially if you're running a Nilfgaard deck.

My guess would be they want to maintain card advantage. Usually this happens when I'm way ahead on the number of cards e.g. 7-4.

Top Bottom