• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Use from inventory...

Please please please add this feature and don't wait for mods to do the work themselves. It is so annoying to have to go into the inventory twice just to use a one charge decoction and thats just one example. >< so much unneeded busy navigation of the menus.

Great game despite minor gripes! :)

I agree with the OP, XP given per mobs slain is incredibly crippling. Theres many times I've about 1/4 of the XP left to level up and I just dont feel like, or have the time to get to an area and start a quest, much less finish it. Its these times I'd greatly LOVE to just pull out mah sword, go into the woods and reduce the monster population just slightly, in exchange for possibly getting my one level.

I don't know why the devs decided to absolutely neuter experience point gain from monsters slain. I think I know why: they couldn't be bothered to actually balance the difficulty with mobs and an over leveled character. The funny thing is, they don't have to. You chose to get out there and grind, then OBVIOUSLY you should be over leveled. This way, people like me that love to earn our power can do so, while people that can't be bothered to get out and "train" can get their XP magically by talking to people and turning in quests.

I don't know why the hell the OP would mention Skyrim, knowing he'd be crucified by doing so. Xp gain on monster kill shouldn't be exclusive to Skyrim, or any other rpg out there.

Count me in on the vote for an option to get more xp per mob killed on higher difficulties.

've played a lot of open world games before but this is my first experience with witcher and i have to say, im really digging it so far.I have been playing this game a lot since I got it on Wednesday and im still not done with act 1. There are just so many interesting side quests and i dont even really realize they are not part of the main story because some feel just as immersive. I'm playing on ps4 and i havent really noticed a lot of frame rate issues like others have complained about on some sites. Considering i havent played the whole game yet im going to reserve judgement on it overall, but i think ive played enough to offer these suggestions:
- option to turn off auto facing - ive had several uncomfortable comabt experiences where my Geralt is facing the wrong enemy. ive tried turning him and clicking joystick but it always turns to someone else not the guy i want.
- there should be a way to break off combat if you decide you are in over your head. right now it is not easy to just turn around and run. always backpedaling or facing a different way.
- load times on ps4 are quite long. ive started keeping track and usually get around 1:00 to 1:05 loading time after each death. im not so upset with the death because many times its my fault but the load time is a huge penalty when facing difficult parts
- there should be a way to sort your inventory when at shops or just viewing in general. i seem to only be able to display it by type but id like to sort by other attributes, like value, damage, just one type of armor or weapon (ie, boots). etc.

Last edited:
@Barillius

I think that's another strawman, Im guessing your referring to when i said it would not diminish the experience for those who like it the way it is, in which case you have misunderstood what im asking for...

at no point did i say enemies needed to give exp because the player didnt have enough exp. I said killing enemies is pointless and unfulfulling and it would be a better more rewarding/enjoyable game if they gave it because then there would be a reason to fight and actually play the game.This would likely include decreasing the amount given by quests to compensate/balance so it would not be easier; in future games. Also why i said it should be optional for fanboys...

This would result in playing missions and killing all the enemies being the most effective way to gain exp instead of run past all the enemies and kill the target, then run past all the enemies and turn in the quest being the most efficient way.but your right that if you give decent exp for killing enemies people can farm them and thats ok because they will be spending extra hours of playing and enjoying the game. I dont plan on farming i just want fighting enemies to be fulfilling and meaningful instead of pointless and tedious.

Last edited:
@takezodunmer2005

Thanks im sure that will help lots of people, my goal is to advocate for the issue so the devs dont make the same mistake again.

No prob, and yeah, having to spend tens of hours scrounging for cash just to maintain an existence might seem like god's gift to receiving Fellatio, especially for the Micromanaging main-liners, but for me it's too much work, If I wanted to work in my free-time, I'd rather stay at my job....That way I can earn dollars rather than orens!

Only thing that bugs me at the moment is the "invisible wall at ledges" meaning i aard or stagger a enemy, he stumbles to the edge and doesnt fall down, all the animation plays but his blocked from falling, except when he is right at the ledge, as soon as his 1 inch from it they wont fall.... seen it so many times it actually starts to bug me lol. Kinda miss the witcher 1's skill system tho, expected more unlockable moves etc.
Other than that, loving it.

Hairworks was a bitch for my AMD card, but a workaround fixed it.
Just adding it here if someone needs it :
Go to your catalyst center make a profile for witcher3.exe in gaming application center, and change the tessallation to override application settings and use either 8x or 16x.

Last edited:
One minor thing I'd like to see: a warning for when you're about to dismantle a piece of gear you have equipped. I've accidentally dismantled a sword I've had equipped a couple times and not realized it until the next time I checked my inventory. It's easy to miss because when you do it it automatically equips the next-best sword in your inventory.

Quite a few typos and general oddities among the English subtitles. I assume most of it is simply lost in translation, but it's odd.

I wish Redkit2 was out. I'd love to simply correct them all myself.

Or would be willing to do so for CDPR for a patch if they would like to hire one more minor employee. Wink wink. Hint hint. I work cheap! Hehe.

To parry while carring torch

Hello!
Just as in title: it seems impossible to parry while carring a torch. Ok, i should use Cat Potion.....but i'm a traditionalist dungeon crawler....^^
(sorry for my broken english and for my question, if yet asked). Anyway, my compliments for this masterpiece!

I love this game. I can't imagine how much work went into this game. Great atmosphere, great music, great design, and a fantastic story. Something I love most about this game is the amount of effort put forth to make a large open world game come to life! Not just with graphics, gear, and loot but most importantly with fully fleshed out character interaction with the world through meaningful story. I have not experienced this from a game before. Even the side-quest felt interesting and rewarding. No other game has even come close. To me The Witcher 3 is and industry game changer. CDprojekt Red has lifted the bar several notches higher and set the standard for future games. You guys/gals took gaming to a whole new level. This is and example of excellence. Thank you

I played about 300 hours of Skyrim and put another 200+ into building Skyrim mods. So Skyrim was my favorite all time game until now. The Witcher 3 easily outshines Skyrim.

It would be nice if it was easier to pick up the loot. This is I guess related to controls but if they changed the way somehow the prompt shows up on screen it would be good. Sometimes it's just really hard to put Geralt in the right spot to loot a container.

Guest 3753371

Automatically moving camera. I want todisable it. It's bugging the hell out of me.

FOV slider. No constant change of FOV (fisheye for Witcher sense is enough).

Possibility for camera effects like dirt and raindrops to be disabled separately.

Parry stance toggle ability (the one activated with mouse 2 on PC, sword held high), currently only parry as long as button pressed.

Hairworks separately available for A) only Geralt/humans/nonhumans(if any) and B) only monsters/animals.

Inventory UI is a mess. Filters? Different tab for Witcher consumables like oils, potions, bombs? Different tab for mutagens or stackable mutagens? In general higher stacks of stuff like 250? Food/drink also (not 8 or 5 or...)

Crafting UI - why are all subdirectories always opened when I access it? When I look for the lowest category I have to scroll through all of'em and close'em to get to where I want to look at. Additonally, how about a note which level is needed for the gear before I click on it? Worked out in White Orchard when I had like three schematics to look for it - but now I'm level 15 and have like MANY MANY and everytime I want to craft stuff I have to check through the lot of'em to check which level is appropriate and worth it. Finally: Witcher 2 inventory management (with the inventory DLC) was not perfect, but it was better than in TW3.

Bolts sellable. Or dismantable. WTF. I'm for example lvl 10 and loot bolts for lvl 21 which weigh 6.50 and run around like bonkerz and nobody buys them. Cool. No, not cool.

Storage chest. Or a bank depot. Or a storage chest. Definetly a storage chest.

Possibility to disable automatic sword draw + adding the ability to draw silver or steel sword to the sign/quickitem menue (like in TW2).

Cool that Geralt can deflect arrows. Not cool that he can't parry when not engaged in close combat making that ability... somewhat completely and utterly USELESS.

The xp system in witcher 3 is just as bad as in witcher 2, there is literally no point in fighting or exploring 90% of game because you get nothing and it costs more to repair your equipment after fighting than the value of the exp you get from combat... non-mission based enemies are essentially plants that you have to hit to get them to drop their ingredients!

This terrible xp system makes doing anything outside of missions a completely unfulfilling waste of time. what makes TES exploration great is the fact you could build up your character while doing it. ITS FULFILLING! MEANINGFUL! FUN!, wicther exploration is pointless and monotonous.

Its definitely more realistic to avoid combat whenever possible, but the whole point of a game s to make combat fun and make the player want to experience it not see all random enemies as a nuisance.

Please make a patch that gives a meaningful amount of experience for non-mission based enemies.Having to kill 500 enemies to level outside of missions is stupid... this isnt an FPS. (preferably with an option in the menu system to allow fan boys to have their choice monotony)

You lvl up pretty fast from quests. If you were to gain more xp from killing and exploring you would hit lvl cap half way through the game.

The way it is now is perfect.

As for you saying there is no reason to explore! Are you crazy? There are tonnes of cool things to see, hidden quests, hidden treasure, all sorts of cool things.

Can we have map indicators for shops whose owners don't stand there always?

Right, so shop icons on the map aren't very intuitive because they keep disappearing. As far as I can tell, this happens because the icon isn't anchored on a location but instead on the person conducting the business, which means that once (and if) they decide to go to bed or do something else, the icon disappears and you have to memorize everyone's location in order to find them later.

Now, I'm not saying memorizing is tough, but I somehow doubt CDPR envisioned the map legend to function sporadically.

Hello I was thinking this.... am I the only one that is tired of opening my inventory again and again and again to set (change) my bombs, food and potions?? they should add some kind of quick buttons or more quick slots or something like that to avoid this annoying system :(

Just wanted to say I think you're relying too heavily on the idea of "logical fallacies" to ignore or counter arguments derpinsky. They're a tool to understanding arguments and sometimes finding they hold no merit, but this argument is entirely too subjective to rely on them.

You hold that the lack of a way to gain levels reasonably quickly by hunting down mobs is a problem, one which should be avoided in future releases. I believe it's simply a different approach. My interpretation is that Geralt is a Witcher taking on contracts for profit and searching for his McGuffin, he is not on a quest to rid the world of all critters.

I'm not saying this as a strawman or reducto ad absurdum, I too took that class, but simply to point out that in this instance it may indeed have been a conscious desig choice rather than something overlooked.

Playing a game intended to be played one way in a different way may lead to sub-optimal result, but it doesn't mean the game should change to favor that different way.

Incidentally, first post and I do plan to download the EXP Boost Mod for a later playthrough. It will be fun to have one playthrough wherein I can power level Geralt without progressing much through the story...but I do not feel that CDPR intended for us to approach the game that way.

Top Bottom